Matchday 7

FIFA 16 or PES 16?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Vardy scored 2 while Kane scored 1.

I'm officially calling him irrelevant! (Or amusing as you say :p)

But Kane's goal was a wonderful, instinctive goal. That automatically makes it better than whatever Vardy did. I mean scoring an open goal (no really, the keeper had dived, leaving an open goal and no players in his way) while originally being in an offside position is truly the work of a top striker and a place on Crook's team. He is the next Wayne Rooney after all, are you daft? Everything he does is gold!

You could feel the Spurs fans breathe a huge sigh of relief when Kane scored a wonderful, instinctive goal

That said, I don't really have any qualms about Kane being in the England side just for his goals for the national team, even if his domestic form is lacking. I felt the same way about Aloisi, he kept delivering on the international stage.

But Kane's goal was a wonderful, instinctive goal. That automatically makes it better than whatever Vardy did. I mean scoring an open goal (no really, the keeper had dived, leaving an open goal and no players in his way) while originally being in an offside position is truly the work of a top striker and a place on Crook's team. He is the next Wayne Rooney after all, are you daft? Everything he does is gold!

That said, I don't really have any qualms about Kane being in the England side just for his goals for the national team, even if his domestic form is lacking. I felt the same way about Aloisi, he kept delivering on the international stage.
Surprised Rooney didn't get in after his screamer.

If you look at the formations you can tell the guy is a peanut. Not sure why people are so worked up.

Why do formations matter for a team of the week? The players picked are more of an issue.

Why do formations matter for a team of the week? The players picked are more of an issue.
In which world does this ever work?

CP_OPazXAAAVeqK.png
[/QUOTE]

In which world does this ever work?

CP_OPazXAAAVeqK.png

Why does it need to work?

That's like criticising the All-Australian team because it has too many midfielders so it wouldn't win a match lol.

And actually, if you line that up:

De Gea
Ivanovic - Williams - Zouma - Reid
Son - Payet - Vardy
Ighalo
Wilson - Martial

It doesn't look that bad, though Vardy is a bit deep.

That's like criticising the All-Australian team because it has too many midfielders so it wouldn't win a match lol.

De Gea
Son - Payet - Vardy
Ighalo
Wilson - Martial

It's called Team of the Week, not the best 11 players of the week. You would expect something that resembles a workable formation that you can see on the pitch. Pretty much the case in all the leagues.

This week could've been very attack heavy, so many strikers getting 2+ goals. You can't fit them all in.

As noted, why not reward a midfielder, and make the tough call to cut one of the attacking players in that line up? I mean, when Crooks himself even called Vardy a midfielder in his team (which makes zero sense even with the game considered), that's really taking the mickey.

It's called Team of the Week, not the best 11 players of the week. You would expect something that resembles a workable formation that you can see on the pitch. Pretty much the case in all the leagues.

This week could've been very attack heavy, so many strikers getting 2+ goals. You can't fit them all in.

As noted, why not reward a midfielder, and make the tough call to cut one of the attacking players in that line up? I mean, when Crooks himself even called Vardy a midfielder in his team (which makes zero sense even with the game considered), that's really taking the mickey.

I guess, I just don't really look at the formation, I look at the players selected. You want to see a keeper selected, 3-4 defenders selected, but after that I'm not really that fussed.

4-2-4 is a workable formation anyway. :p

De Gea
Son - Payet - Vardy
Ighalo
Wilson - Martial

So who does the defensive work in that midfield and breaks up attacks?

And Vardy on the wing? Er.

So who does the defensive work in that midfield and breaks up attacks?

And Vardy on the wing? Er.

Like I said, this isn't a team that's going to actually take the field so why does it matter?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So why call it a team?

Then it's just bunch of players.
Because they've picked eleven players. Really don't know why this is such an issue. Question the players, but formation is such a meaningless thing to get upset over.

Because they've picked eleven players. Really don't know why this is such an issue. Question the players, but formation is such a meaningless thing to get upset over.

I agree that it is hardly a massive issue.

But I think that the word "team" implies a certain structure, that is, players picked to fit with established formations or systems, such as 4-4-2, 4-3-3 etc. It's not just a shortlist of players, as you would see for a particular award, but a so-called "team of the week". I don't think it would be necessary to go as far as worrying about lining a side up in a perfectly balanced 4-4-2/4-3-3 etc., only that three/four/five well-performing defenders/midfielders and one/two/three well-performing forwards are picked.

So if 11 forwards score a hat trick it would be OK to have 11 forwards in the team?

Also not upset.

Pretty sure I said as long as there's a GK, 3/4 defenders, a couple of mids and forwards, I don't really care what else you do.

Walker absolutely bathed Sterling. Barely remember the little twat playing! But in true Kyle Walker form he was at fault for the opener with a loose pass

Back