Official Club Stuff Membership offering discussion opportunity for vic members

Remove this Banner Ad

What device are you viewing it on? I did the trial in pre-season and it was full screen on my Galaxy Note 4 which is 16:9.
HTC although I might be wrong there, it was 4:3 a year or two ago as I emailed Telstra about it and was told that's how it was recorded even though it was obviously 16:9 back then. Had a quick look at the FAQ and it might be 16:9, i guess the quality/streaming just isn't anything great compared to what it could be - makes sense given it's meant to be for phone streaming only. Just wish they'd look at doing their own AFL pass like sports in the states do (probably doesn't because of an agreement with Fox).

HTC although I might be wrong there, it was 4:3 a year or two ago as I emailed Telstra about it and was told that's how it was recorded even though it was obviously 16:9 back then. Had a quick look at the FAQ and it might be 16:9, i guess the quality/streaming just isn't anything great compared to what it could be - makes sense given it's meant to be for phone streaming only. Just wish they'd look at doing their own AFL pass like sports in the states do (probably doesn't because of an agreement with Fox).
Oh I totally agree. It's not even 1080p which is a huge shame. Think it's only 480p. Same as SD YouTube. I'd love it if they did an AFL.TV subscription service similar to the NBA service with its own shows and the ability to playback historical matches. Won't happen though with Foxtel and 7 giving up so much for the TV rights. They could potentially make as much with subscription fees and advertising sales though...

Oh I totally agree. It's not even 1080p which is a huge shame. Think it's only 480p. Same as SD YouTube. I'd love it if they did an AFL.TV subscription service similar to the NBA service with its own shows and the ability to playback historical matches. Won't happen though with Foxtel and 7 giving up so much for the TV rights. They could potentially make as much with subscription fees and advertising sales though...

Foxtel just needs to get their s**t in order and offer 1080p streaming of Fox Footy on mobile devices and PC.

Imagine an awesome Fox Footy app with 1080p live streams, replays of matches, all of their shows, stats during the game, etc. People would pay money for that.

International members are treated a lot better than local members when it comes to stream quality.

I'm not one but when I've tried it on tv I would go as far as saying it's better quality than the 7 broadcast.

I added the mobile streaming to my membership but it was almost unusable except for watching a couple of minutes here and there.

I might have to "move overseas" next year.

Back on topic I am surprised we only have 800 Victorian members, previously the club has claimed 3000, unless 800 is ticketed or something.

Foxtel just needs to get their s**t in order and offer 1080p streaming of Fox Footy on mobile devices and PC.

Imagine an awesome Fox Footy app with 1080p live streams, replays of matches, all of their shows, stats during the game, etc. People would pay money for that.
If I could purchase just FoxFooty I would... Don't need that other crap

Anyone know if there's been further developments with Vic Memberships?

+1 for this. I used to be a vic member but let it lapse due to the cost and the limited number of games here. As I have a young family I can't always get to every game so if there's only 3 or 4 games here it's just not worth it.

If there is a decent offering I will sign up as I should be able to get to at least 5 games this year.

+1 for this. I used to be a vic member but let it lapse due to the cost and the limited number of games here. As I have a young family I can't always get to every game so if there's only 3 or 4 games here it's just not worth it.

If there is a decent offering I will sign up as I should be able to get to at least 5 games this year.

7 games in Victoria this year (6 Melbourne, 1 Geelong). A lot more at the G too. Worth getting on board this year

I was thinking of signing up next year for the first time, and now that we have this many games at the 'G, it might just be the extra push I need...

and with only 1 saturday afternoon game, against Richmond April 9, I shouldn't miss any games due to my footy season.. I don't think we'll start that early and every other Melbourne games is either Fri/Sat night or Sunday :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

• General Admission access to the AFL Reserve for Crows Melbourne matches at the MCG and Etihad
  • Plus additional games at the MCG (for a total of 11 games) in General Admission in the AFL Reserve
  • General Admission entry into the AFL Reserve at the MCG for Week 1-2 Toyota AFL Finals subject to availability and Crows participation
  • Priority access to purchase a ticket for Week 1-3 Toyota AFL Finals subject to availability and Crows participation
  • Access to purchase guest passes into AFL Reserve
  • General Admission access for up to 3 Crows home matches at Adelaide Oval
  • Priority access to purchase Crows daily tickets at Adelaide Oval
Can anyone help me decipher this?

You get GA for the 6 games in melbourne (bullet point 1).

GA ticket for 3 games at Adelaide oval (BP 6)

Additional MCG games at the MCG (up to 11 total) (BP2) - so is that 11 games total across all games, Vic only games, MCG only games. I'm guessing that's 11 games at the MCG. So in that case your $260 gets you 3 AO games, 3 Etihad games and 11 MCG games - 16 games in total excluding finals. That's pretty good value.

GA tickets for weeks 1 and 2 of the finals if at MCG (BP 3). So what if you've already used your 11 games? Do you need to save some of the 11 just in case if you want to sit in the AFL reserve?

EDIT 3+3+11=17, not 16. I work in finance too. Sigh...

Last edited:
Hey everyone. The $40 package is here, however it's still not working when you try & buy one.
Here's the link anyway if anyone is interested.

• General Admission access for all 6 Crows 2016 away matches in Melbourne (charged to your linked credit card after each game you attend)
  • Priority access to purchase a ticket for Week 1-3 Toyota AFL Finals subject to availability and Crows participation
  • General Admission access for up to 3 Crows home matches at Adelaide Oval*
  • Priority access to purchase Crows daily tickets at Adelaide Oval
  • Invitation and free entry to the 2016 Victorian Members’ Day
  • Junior members also receive:
  • Junior pack including boot bag, Sherrin footy, height chart, sticker sheet and badges
  • Invitation to junior member clinic

• Membership card
  • Membership kit including Member lanyard, pin, sticker and magnet
  • Member cap (to be collected at first Crows Melb match)
  • PLUS, an additional item to collect at each Crows Melbourne match attended
  • Free entry to post-match Member functions
  • 2016 Official Club Year Book (one per household)
  • Exclusive member email communications and special offers
  • Exclusive members 10% discount at CROWmania

https://www.19thman.com.au/victorian-general-admission

Also the option to get 7 additional MCG games, a lot more $$$ but I think the above package is $40 and then any game/s you go to then sees you get charged for those - good to see they've responded to what the fans were wanting.

Also the option to get 7 additional MCG games, a lot more $$$ but I think the above package is $40 and then any game/s you go to then sees you get charged for those - good to see they've responded to what the fans were wanting.
It's a viable option for me because I pay to get into all our vic games. I buy afl guest passes from my cousins who are afl members (bombers supporters) so I'd just sit with them to watch the Adelaide games.

I didn't want to pay $160 or whatever it was then on top of that pay even more to get into the games this year. This $40 option is great because you don't need to scan in your card if you already have tickets, so basically you won't get charged any extra, also good for the supporters that can only make 2-3 games in Melbourne.

Honestly if they advertise this properly to the Vic Crows supporters then we could honestly score like 5,000 extra Victorian memberships compared to this season and previous, hopefully they advertise the s**t out of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back