Michael Clarke retiring from ODI Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Clearly the right move.

Will be interesting to see how the ODI side is reconstituted after the World Cup.

I think our next ODI fixture is six months down the track? After the Ashes?

You could, theoretically, build a ODI XI out of the current squad to go through all the way to the next World Cup. Apart from a new keeper and probably one more batsman. The current openers and Smith are all young enough, along with three all-rounders somewhere in the middle, and then the emerging pacemen.

Finch
Warner
Smith
TBD
Maxwell
Marsh
Faulkner
Wade
Pattinson/Cummins
Starc
Hazlewood

Are we not playing ODIs in the West Indies?

We're playing tests there at least.

108 Test Matches. 243 ODIs. 84 fifties and 36 centuries for Australia across Tests and ODIs. Captained Australia in 131 matches since 2007. Won the Ashes 5-0. Could be about to win the World Cup.

Yeah. I'd say he's earned that right.

Why bring up meaningless test match Stats, has nothing to do with the 50 over game.

Instead print out his stats for this world cup, including his miserable failure with the bat and the dropped catches.

He wasn't ready to play, and his form tells that truth.

I don't think Test match stats give any one a right in the limited over game.

But you keep hero worshipping

And a great player.

No need to mention that, of course.

Let's not let his performance or his record interfere with the circle-jerk of baseless character assassination.

How do you blokes come up with this stuff?

Here's another one, too busy wrapped up in his test stats,

You sound familiar, another alias Gunnar ?

Why bring up meaningless test match Stats, has nothing to do with the 50 over game.

Instead print out his stats for this world cup, including his miserable failure with the bat and the dropped catches.

he's been the best tactical captain in the world cup so far.

had a terrible world cup especially fielding. selfish and i think that will contribute to new zealand winning. Bailey was screwed. His odi career has been reasonable but no star in the likes of Hussey, Waughs, Gilchrist etc. karma may be a bitch

You call it hero worshipping but going by this post you're exactly the same just in the other direction.

You mightn't like him but his efforts for Australian cricket can't be understated.

Why, he has been a self absorbing ponce all his career.

The sooner he is gone the better, I hope his selfish actions during this WC hasn't in any way stifled Smith's development or confidence.

That's out in left-field even by the usual standards.

Do you think Smith felt stifled or down in confidence in the semi-final? Was that why he performed so poorly?

You call it hero worshipping but going by this post you're exactly the same just in the one direction.

You mightn't like him but his efforts for Australian cricket can't be understated.

True, I dislike him immensely.

He had the captaincy shoved down his throat by people in power, aka a silver spoon by the gentry.

' Pup " give me a break, he was earmarked by CA way too early and they couldn't go back. Many excellent cricketers have been punted early or not even given a shot, but this bloke was anointed before he left the womb.

He wont be remembered in Captain folklore, that's for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you don't change gunnar, same old recycled s**t.

Move on
What's recycled?

' Pup " give me a break, he was earmarked by CA way too early and they couldn't go back. Many excellent cricketers have been punted early or not even given a shot, but this bloke was anointed before he left the womb.
He was fast-tracked, no doubt. But his international record has vindicated that decision.

He wont be remembered in Captain folklore, that's for sure.
What does that even mean?

Are you saying you won't sit around a campfire, strumming your little ukulele, singing songs of praise about him?

Last edited:
That's out in left-field even by the usual standards.

Do you think Smith felt stifled or down in confidence in the semi-final? Was that why he performed so poorly?
Hey, it's just the vibe.

That means none of it needs to make any kind of intuitive sense.

I should have said ' going forward '
Yeah, because that's all it would have taken to elevate it above of the realm of wingnut bullshit.

We will see after the WC wont we.
What's that? If Smith struggles after the WC, after Clarke has retired, that will be Clarke's fault?

How does that work?

What's recycled?

He was fast-tracked, no doubt. But his international record has vindicated that decision.

What does that even mean?

Are you saying you won't sit around a campfire, strumming your little ukulele, singing songs of praise about him?

Yes that is exactly what I said,

Then again perception was never a strong point of yours.

Yes that is exactly what I said,

Then again perception was never a strong point of yours.
Hey mate, I'm just trying to decipher your bizarre ramblings about "Captain folkore".

Maybe that's your superhero alter ego? Like Captain America but with long, boring, pointless stories as your only 'superpower'.

Quick, Captain Folklore, rescue Smith from Clarke's malign influence lest he forget how to bat.

Just go already.... and spare us any more press conferences. So f*****n painful

The anointed one has one presser left, after the WC final.

Let us pray he doesn't

1) mention 63 not out
2) allude to 4:08
3) reminisce about Bingle*
4) mention how hard he worked to get back
5) show another tatt
6) pop another collar
7) say the word ' I ' more than 12 times

* please mention Bingle

Hey mate, I'm just trying to decipher your bizarre ramblings about "Captain folkore".

Maybe that's your superhero alter ego? Like Captain America but with long, boring, pointless stories as your only 'superpower'.

Quick, Captain Folklore, rescue Smith from Clarke's malign influence lest he forget how to bat.

Deciphering was never a strong point of yours

Stick to your strong points Longshanks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back