Mega Thread Minnesota Timberwolves Thread - The Finch Era begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw that they got within about 10 at the end of the 3rd, so I wrote the game off
Nice surprise

Last edited:
Love has supposedly told Flip he wants out and wants to play for the Lakers. Watch us get screwed in this one...

I'd be staggered if he's dealt overnight. They have nothing worthwhile.

Hope you're right. I'm in the, "Trading Love is something we should consider," camp, but I can't see LA making any sort of deal that would be worthwhile.

The possible deal doing the rounds on the internet is to Boston for Sullinger, Bass, Green, Bradley and a first round draft pick, but most likely won't happen.

Nonsense

nba_u_klovets3_576.jpg

For

pau_gasol_250.jpg
+
k-y-jelly-ointment-1386366833.jpg

Lakers first round pick would be a minimum, But they cannot trade it without a first round pick, They would have to trade out some absolute crap and take some horrific contracts to gain a first round pick from someone

Hope you're right. I'm in the, "Trading Love is something we should consider," camp, but I can't see LA making any sort of deal that would be worthwhile.

The possible deal doing the rounds on the internet is to Boston for Sullinger, Bass, Green, Bradley and a first round draft pick, but most likely won't happen.

I'd much rather they deal with Boston or Chicago than LA. LA can only give us one first round pick.

Did anyone watch the Rockets-Lakers game? Lakers are awful and they've just traded Blake for Marshon Brooks.

Amazing commentary today from Matt Harpring, in the 2nd he talked about how Love isn't as good as Griffen and LA because he has no defense (despite that the players he is comparing too don't either).
Then talked about how he values the others higher because they are winners, his co-commentator argued that Blake and LA have more help around them, to which Harpring countered saying 'Minnesota have more talent than Portland'.

Love went into halftime with game highs in points, rebounds and assists but in the 3rd stepped it up and ripped the Jazz apart offensively scoring and distributing. The other commentator started giving it to Harpring but he continued saying that 'if Love was in a playoff team he cannot be the best player, he has to be the second star because he hasn't been in the playoffs in his six years in the NBA'.

I think the guy is harsh, he was hardly gonna get Minnesota to the playoffs with the likes of Darko, Flynne, Beasley and Wesley Johnson around him. They have only managed to get a half decent roster around him the last three years, two of which many key players (Love included) were plagued by injuries.
This is the first year he has been able to have a decent crack at the post season where Love has carried the offense all year, there has been no rim protection until Turiaf came back, took the bench unit until January to actually help out a little, they have lost a ridiculous % of the close games and he has had to completely carry them the last couple of weeks with Pek & Kmart being out.

I have a feeling that if he does leave in a year or two suddenly the 'empty numbers' knock on him will just disappear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Notice Shabazz got a bit of a run too; play alright?

Had a nice alley oop slam off Barea. Didn't do anything particularly outstanding. Rebounded okay, but we already knew he could do that. Once Martin + Pek come back he'll go back to his usual 4 MPG. If the rumours were true that teams were interested in him before the deadline we should've taken whatever they offered for him. At least we got Gorgui.

Amazing commentary today from Matt Harpring, in the 2nd he talked about how Love isn't as good as Griffen and LA because he has no defense (despite that the players he is comparing too don't either).
Then talked about how he values the others higher because they are winners, his co-commentator argued that Blake and LA have more help around them, to which Harpring countered saying 'Minnesota have more talent than Portland'.

Heard all that s**t. Love made him eat humble pie by the end though.

Doing absolutely everything he can to carry us to victory in a mad dash for the playoffs.

Reminds me of Judd with Carlton.

Must win the next 6 with 5 of the teams under .500 and 5 of the games at home as simple as that lose any and forget about any hope of playoffs. Realistically can only lose 5-7 games the rest of the way.
Phoenix are the team that might drop out they have a tough few games ahead with OKC and Golden State and the Clippers on the road.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back