Injury Mitch Duncan - foot fracture/ minor Achilles surgery

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not hard, he uses a bike, elliptical or the crazy outer space running machine. given his injury they'll be no risks taking fitness over recovery. it's a broken bone in his foot.
foot above the heart is only relevant for the initial phase - not weeks in.

She also said she used to work with a foot surgeon. And he always said his biggest issue was getting people to elevate the foot.

I reckon that would be even more difficult with a footballer used to training, who wants to get back.

It's not hard, he uses a bike, elliptical or the crazy outer space running machine. given his injury they'll be no risks taking fitness over recovery. it's a broken bone in his foot.
Thanks doc!

So foot above the heart to minimise swelling in the first week or so?

Continue to build our midfield, so when he is back, we would be stronger and more depth. Not all bad. I actually think we will still go to the finals this season.

I was thinking more of a player being ruined through being pushed too hard to get back. Most of those other players ended up OK in the long term.
True.
I was just thinking about all the players with pressure coming into our GF's recently. Sure there were others too.

Has our MF ever been so depleted?
Potential MFers- Kelly, Bartel, Duncan, Cowan, Hartman, ?GHS- said to be injured,
And losing Bundy...
I was asking the same question in another thread - not just out midfielders but top end talent.
Bartel, Kelly, Duncan and Selwood. All quite - injured at least the latter can play through his.

Potential MFers- Kelly, Bartel, Duncan, Cowan, Hartman, ?GHS- said to be injured, Smedts.
And losing Bundy...

FB: Rivers- Lonergan - Bews
HB: Enright - Taylor - Thurlow
C: Guthrie - Caddy - Motlop
HF: Walker - Hawkins - Stevie J
FF: Gregson - Clark - Lang
R: Stanley - Selwood - Jansen/GHS
Int: Murdoch- Blicavs - Stokes
Sub: Cockatoo

It's not so bad.

Potential MFers- Kelly, Bartel, Duncan, Cowan, Hartman, ?GHS- said to be injured, Smedts.
And losing Bundy...
Yeah, it's really starting to bite. Losing a potential replacement in Hartman was nasty, too.
Thank goodness for some fairly advanced bodies in Cockatoo, Gregson and Gore- hopefully it won't be 4-5 years down the track before they make their presence felt. And thank goodness for Blitz!

There's going to be quite a bit of shuffling of deckchairs on the Titanic, though, before our club gets out the life rafts. I see midfield time being given to players that we probably wouldn't have played through there in any normal year but desperate times call for desperate measures :) Interesting times ahead!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not so bad.
Just leaves the boys a bit light on rotations, I think- which might be a good thing in that they get to know each other's game a bit better and can settle better with their ruck combo.
We will see :)

I'd drop Walker from that team…move Motlop to the HFF and put Mackie on a wing.

I've given up on Walker for now at least….9 possessions at 33% DE just isn't good enough to retain your spot. Mackie will have more impact than that.

I'd drop Walker from that team…move Motlop to the HFF and put Mackie on a wing.

I've given up on Walker for now at least….9 possessions at 33% DE just isn't good enough to retain your spot. Mackie will have more impact than that.

Depends whether Mackie is fit. If so, I'd put him in the back 6 and push Thurlow into the mids at the expense of GHS/Jansen. If Mackie is fit I wouldn't mind Harry going into the forward line for periods.

Don't mind getting more games into Walker. He's young, athletic, aggressive and a good kick.

Yep….Thurlow and Mackie could interchange positions when necessary…

Not with you on Harry forward, or retaining Walker after last week….but if we agreed on everything, it would be boring :D

But the biggest issue is that he has to keep his foot above his heart for it to recover.
Duncan's new walk

images

It's not so bad.
Let's give them the Thursday night rating (Foxtel)
Stanley C+
Selwood A
Caddy C
Jansen D
GHS C-
Stokes C
Guthrie B
Murdoch C
Motlop B
Blicavs B
SJ B

Down on depth