Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah that makes sense. Trade in a contracted player because you need depth. :rolleyes:

I deserve a better class of troll. You are now ignored.

Curnow, McKay will be the main targets with MM/Kerr as the 3rd tall. MM's a decent support player, but apparently teams are going to give up top 10 picks for support players now. :drunk:

Curnow, McKay will be the main targets with MM/Kerr as the 3rd tall. MM's a decent support player, but apparently teams are going to give up top 10 picks for support players now. :drunk:
Explain why Carlton are keen on making a "support" player one of their highest paid on their list?

Has SOS or you got it wrong...

Well, in hindsight you were clearly wrong.
Not really as the majority of the Adelaide Board were keen to keep Gov ahead of Lever when there was talk of them both leaving.

Mitch is harder to replace & I would back him 1 on 1 versus Lever.

Explain why Carlton are keen on making a "support" player one of their highest paid on their list?

700k is purely speculation, I think it will be under 600k. Apart from a handful of players, I wouldn't think too many players currently on the Blues book would be on huge $$$ due to having a handful of veterans, only 2 guns in their prime Cripps & Doc and a heap of youngsters. They still need to use up 92% TPP though. Makes good business sense to front end the contract of a support player like MM considering their current list profile.

700k is purely speculation, I think it will be under 600k. Apart from a handful of players, I wouldn't think too many players currently on the Blues book would be on huge $$$ due to having a handful of veterans, only 2 guns in their prime Cripps & Doc and a heap of youngsters. They still need to use up 92% TPP though. Makes good business sense to front end the contract of a support player like MM considering their current list profile.
The point is he is considered by Carlton as far more than a "support" player, which is why they have offered good money for him

Your trolling has become rather boring & just makes you look like a sad individual...

The point is he is considered by Carlton as far more than a "support" player, which is why they have offered good money for him

Your trolling has become rather boring & just makes you look like a sad individual...

What he's getting paid currently or offered in the future doesn't determine what his trade value is, especially when the buying club has plenty of cap space that they need to fill. Seriously, you're not too bright.

What he's getting paid currently or offered in the future doesn't determine what his trade value is, especially when the buying club has plenty of cap space that they need to fill. Seriously, you're not too bright.
If you think there is no correlation between how much someone earns & their worth, then you are extremely naive.

Carlton are not going to offer a "support" player money that would make them one of their highest paid players.

To keep claiming this just damages your credibility, but gather that's not important to you.

If you think there is no correlation between how much someone earns & their worth, then you are extremely naive.

Carlton are not going to offer a "support" player money that would make them one of their highest paid players.

To keep claiming this just damages your credibility, but gather that's not important to you.
What have we offered Gov?

Sure, if players all signed contracts at exactly the same time their wages would reflect their standing at the club, as in best player is highest paid and so on all the way down. Unfortunately, in reality it never works out that way at any club for obvious and various reasons. Hence player movement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure, if players all signed contracts at exactly the same time their wages would reflect their standing at the club, as in best player is highest paid and so on all the way down. Unfortunately, in reality it never works out that way at any club for obvious and various reasons. Hence player movement.
Our best players are the top earners at the Crows. It's not a coincidence.

Well you have absolutely no idea about the money he will be on and it is all speculation. But at the risk of humouring you. Is it not very possible that they simply front end his contract heavily whilst they have so many youngsters on their list. In that sense he doesnt have to be anywhere near one of their highest paid players just one of their highest paid players in the first couple of years when they can afford it.

There is no way he is a top 5 player in a team. You crows fans just wish him to be so you will get compensated more highly. You seem to find it very hard to be realistic about Mr McGovern. He has a lot of talent but hasn't developed like most would have hoped therefore he isn't worth what you hope. He may still turn out to be a star but you can't ask for a stars rate in trade because what he has delivered so far is a long way from that.

In fact the perfect way to highlight this debate is that crows fans seem to think he is worth the same as Jesse Hogan. He is so far from the quality of player Hogan is it is not funny. All you have to do is look at what they have delivered for their teams. Both have had their injury problems. One has proven himself one of the best key forwards in the league whilst playing in a forward line with almost no support until the latter half of this year. The other has struggled for consistency in a forward line which means he gets the third best defender.

Hogan is worth two first rounders and by that measurement McGovern simply can't be worth anywhere near that. Therefore I think around 15 for McGovern is a fair trade

I have a feeling Adelaide fans would accept pick 15 for McGovern, just Carlton don't have that pick at the moment.

Would they. I have not read all of the posts that is for sure but the majority seem to be asking for a lot more than that! What do Carlton have pic 20 roughly?

Pick 24 and 25 to the Swans for Pick pick 12. Swans get an extra 200 points
Pick 12 goes to the Crows for McGovern.
Most crows supporters have been saying this for days and days on end..

Not one crows supporter has said pick 1.

Some crows supporters have said pick 1 may have to be used if a deal with sydney (or someone else) using pick 24 and 25 to get around pick 12 cant be done.

If pick 1 is used it will invovle other draft pick coming back to carlton. But this is obviously something carlton will want to avoid.

Its the minority of carlton fans that come in here trolling their pathetic little delusions of “late second or nothing as sos holds all the cards” lines that is the problem..

We will all just have to wait and see i suppose.. Justin Reid is about to go on trade radio so we might have a better idea of what the crows expect very shortly..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back