MLB Season 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

I can‘t tell you how excited I am that Jason Heyward’s contract expires next year. That contract has been so awful that the lasting memory of him as a Cub is still of him making a World Series Game 7 speech, during the rain delay, in the weight room at Progressive Field when all the players were feeling down that they had given up a 3 run lead and it rallied the team. Hey, maybe his $184M contract was worth it in the end.
Yeah funny how it works, part of the curse breaking world series winning side but done sfa basically his whole time there

For the braves the Ozuna contract is our big black hole.....

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm not a real baseball guy, enjoy the game but I'm just a shameless bandwagonner whenever the Phillies do any good, so doubt I ever will really understand the subbing out of starting pitchers when they are still doing ok as Wheeler was today (& some other guy was a couple games back with the same result as tonight). Seems to me that move is just as likely to blow up in your face as leaving the starter out there for another inning or 2.
Managers s**t themselves in the post season, take blokes out before they normally would during the season. But you should have 2-3 arms that are more reliable than a starter going through the order for the 3rd or 4th time under pressure.

Hard to fathom phillies went from smashing Astros 7-0 in game 3, to barely give a whimper since then. Houston are just phenomenal.
Yeah their bats went stone cold....they had been on a hot run for a couple of weeks was just a question if it would last long enough

Correa and Springer leaving often means teams have to rebuild again. Not only is Correa regretting going to twins, Houston have another genuine talent in Tucker. Pena won more in his first year that Correa never came close to.

Yeah their bats went stone cold....they had been on a hot run for a couple of weeks was just a question if it would last long enough

Topped with Castallenos. HOLY moly hes horrid. Even a Little Leaguer could’ve thrown balls into the dirt and he would’ve striked out anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thompson is going to go down in the history books as the latest manager to make a WTF call to the bullpen, only a couple of years after Kevin Cash was excoriated for taking out Blake Snell against the Dodgers. Yeah, Altuve was on third with one out in the inning, and yeah, Alvarez was up to the plate, but Wheeler had been dealing and Alvarez had not been much of a threat to Wheeler in his previous at-bats. So what was the thinking behind going to a bloke who had been shelled in game 5 by the Astros to pitch in a high leverage scenario?

I don't necessarily think that it was the bad move to go away from Wheeler, even though Wheeler had only thrown 70 pitches. Wheeler's fastball velocity was dipping slightly and the Astros had had a good look at him in the first few innings. The bad call was going to Alvarado in that spot.

Correa and Springer leaving often means teams have to rebuild again. Not only is Correa regretting going to twins, Houston have another genuine talent in Tucker. Pena won more in his first year that Correa never came close to.

He's going to get paid this off-season after he opted out of his contract with the Twins. He'll be fine.

And now I can't get that s**t Blink 182 song out of my head, thanks to the constant ads for the Ravens game that ESPN ran through the game.

Thompson is going to go down in the history books as the latest manager to make a WTF call to the bullpen, only a couple of years after Kevin Cash was excoriated for taking out Blake Snell against the Dodgers. Yeah, Altuve was on third with one out in the inning, and yeah, Alvarez was up to the plate, but Wheeler had been dealing and Alvarez had not been much of a threat to Wheeler in his previous at-bats. So what was the thinking behind going to a bloke who had been shelled in game 5 by the Astros to pitch in a high leverage scenario?

I don't necessarily think that it was the bad move to go away from Wheeler, even though Wheeler had only thrown 70 pitches. Wheeler's fastball velocity was dipping slightly and the Astros had had a good look at him in the first few innings. The bad call was going to Alvarado in that spot.
Especially since Alvarado struggled to even get an out a few games before. Awful move.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back