Morris into leadership group - Announced at AGM

Remove this Banner Ad

leadership on the field does not mean BOG every week.

I agree completely with you, Roachy.

We have some defenders who have been known to drop off their opponent, either guarding grass, or looking to run down field to pick up a possession, at various points in their career. Yes, we all know who they are, but no need to name names.

I think those players do that less when Morris is nearby. He is a strongly defensive example that others follow. IMO, the accountability of our back 6 increases every time Morris is on the field.

Great stuff, epitomises courage, determination and bravery.

Played the year with a bung shoulder and still went into every contest with no regard for himself.

Had a great 2013 when he cooked up basically every small forward in the comp, hoping he can get back to that with a fit and functional shoulder!

Probably takes Jacko's spot in the leadership group I guess?

Barnzy When are you due back in Mordor you big bag of misery?

Well done Morro. One of my favourite memories of him is telling Grigg to get ****ed a couple of years ago.

It doesn't necessarily matter if your the best, the smartest or the most skilful. Some of the best leaders in history - not just in sport but in all walks of life - have been obviously deficient in key areas but are still known as some of the greatest leaders in history.
Sometimes it matters......
image.jpg
;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i dont mind morris as an individual, and if he has the qualities to be included in the leadership group well good, but would he stop going to ground all the time, its happening way too often, and the opposition scored so easily against him this year.

Hopefully he gets his shoulder right and goes back to his best form when he was giving anyone not named betts a bath

Even kept Betts relatively quiet once or twice. At least 1 game I'm pretty sure Betts only kicked 1. That's quiet compared to what he'd done previous to Morris's arrival...:thumbsu:

His shoulder may never heal properly and his game might be restricted for ever. But we made the 8 so that's alright.
Let's see what happens.

Personally, I've more faith in a skilled surgeon, physio, coaching staff and Morro doing everything they can to bring him back to his best.

Or you could be right. He may not recover fully. In fact, why even try.

Last edited:
Don't remember that happening, got any more details?

Happened during a game in Morro's first year from memory. Morro had the footy coming out of the back half and made a good decision and executed his kick beautifully. Old Grigga wasn't happy with it though because he was ignored (personally anyone who doesn't give Grigg the ball is a champ in my book) and he tried to have a whinge at Morris. Morris fired back, pointing to where he'd kicked it as if to say "have a look at that and get on with the game". Had a couple of choice words for him too.
Thought it was sensational that a player new to the club stood up to an older bloke who was wrongfully scolding him for deciding not to use him.

Happened during a game in Morro's first year from memory. Morro had the footy coming out of the back half and made a good decision and executed his kick beautifully. Old Grigga wasn't happy with it though because he was ignored (personally anyone who doesn't give Grigg the ball is a champ in my book) and he tried to have a whinge at Morris. Morris fired back, pointing to where he'd kicked it as if to say "have a look at that and get on with the game". Had a couple of choice words for him too.
Thought it was sensational that a player new to the club stood up to an older bloke who was wrongfully scolding him for deciding not to use him.

Thats awesome, cheers for that

I could embellish, but I think it was an accidental clash of heads, or something similar.
But it was an aggressive tackle that led to it.
And Morro sledged him afterwards! Yeh...

Talk about taking an opportunity to get in your opponents head....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back