Multiplat Mortal Kombat X

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't really been a big gamer in the last few years but got this game the other day. Staggered at the amount of content you're expected to pay extra for on top of the $70-90 you pay for the game.

When did it become OK for gaming companies to hold off on content that should have made the original release and then charge you 10% or more of the original purchase price for it?

Perhaps an even better question would be when did gamers start treating this gouging as an acceptable dynamic between company and consumer?

I miss the days where a games company had to release a non-buggy, full content game the first time or it would fail. None of this get it out there, release a hundred bug fixing patches in the first few weeks and then drip feed customers additional content that should have made the original release for $10+ pop. Especially when this additional content is just an alternate texture or buff for an existing character or item.

You used to just have to beat the game on hard or enter a cheat code to play as Goro. Now we're expected to pay extra money? Or in my case, have it advertised on the case that I'm getting access to play him as a value proposition.

Wonder when they'll follow the Foxtel model and start charging us extra to play games in HD?

/rant

Most real gamers don't accept it. Its all the casual gamers that want shortcuts and s**t that spend the cash on it. Unfortunately they are the majority.

Looking at Street Fighter V, makes me feel pretty good about me preferring Mortal Kombat, seeing how Mortal Kombat X decided to step away from ridiculously sexualised female fighters. It has become a more mature franchise.

Meanwhile, in Street Fighter:

06-v-trigger_cy2n.jpg

STREET-FIGHTER-V-BETA_20151022050103.png
Street-Fighter-V.jpg

street-fighter-v-battle-costume-cammy.jpg

Honestly, lets just compare that last character, the cop/special forces looking one, to the similarly themed Cassie Cage from X:

mkx_cassie_cage_edit_by_wildfire8511-d8lruo9.jpg

Last edited:
I'm no puritan, I frequent strip clubs in GTA, boned everything that breathed in Mass Effect, and killed my friends in Far Cry 3 so I could ogle at Citra one more time.

Fighting games however, I play to fight, for blood and gore and action. It isn't an open world non linear experience where you create you own adventures, you are playing how how the creators set it up for you to play, and I don't always want to play a game that forces unrealistically scantily clad girls in my face, and then fight them, and only watching the Street Fighters trailer did I realise that.

It is also just a little sexist, where are the fellas with their horse utensils and male thongs?

I'm no puritan, I frequent strip clubs in GTA, boned everything that breathed in Mass Effect, and killed my friends in Far Cry 3 so I could ogle at Citra one more time.

Fighting games however, I play to fight, for blood and gore and action. It isn't an open world non linear experience where you create you own adventures, you are playing how how the creators set it up for you to play, and I don't always want to play a game that forces unrealistically scantily clad girls in my face, and then fight them, and only watching the Street Fighters trailer did I realise that.

It is also just a little sexist, where are the fellas with their horse utensils and male thongs?

Imo MKX is a better single player experience than Street fighter with the story mode and decent lore but in terms of multiplayer Street fighter is the better overall game. Costumes have no affect on the gameplay for me at all.

Imo MKX is a better single player experience than Street fighter with the story mode and decent lore but in terms of multiplayer Street fighter is the better overall game. Costumes have no affect on the gameplay for me at all.

That's completely fair enough and understandable. I just think a fighting game where all the female characters wear g-strings and low cut cleavge tops and have massive ****, and all the males big and buff and wearing dignified, modest outfits can be a little juvenile.

Last edited:
That's completely fair enough and understandable. I just think a fighting game where all the female characters wear g-strings and low cut cleavge tops and have massive ****, and all the males big a buff and wearing dignified, modest outfits can be a little juvenile.

Have to say I prefer MK over SF in pretty much every way. Don't get me wrong, Street Fighter is an amazing game but it seems to be a bit more cartoon like compared to Mortal Kombat. The classic music of Street Fighter is phenomenal though. Hopefully they keep updated versions of the SFII music.

Have to say I prefer MK over SF in pretty much every way. Don't get me wrong, Street Fighter is an amazing game but it seems to be a bit more cartoon like compared to Mortal Kombat. The classic music of Street Fighter is phenomenal though. Hopefully they keep updated versions of the SFII music.

Yeah Mortal Kombat game music is a non event to me, both Street Fighter and Killer Instinct from back in the day have much better music.

I like both but prefer SF probably due to never really getting my head around block being on a button, ridiculous

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is the new kombat pack included in the season pass? I won't be shovelling out more money into it if they expect me to get XL.

It isn't included. What was the point of getting the season pass? Especially since it took so long for this DLC to come out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back