News Xbox and Bethesda showcase, Summer game fest, and anything that "isn't E3"

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you mean completely new unannounced games or just games we haven't seen much of ? It seems like we should get Starfield, Avowed and Pentiment gameplay which will make the RPG people.like me happy at least. Pentiment is meant to be out this year. Also rumours of inxile making a steampunk RPG

In general I think covid affected videogame development more than some realise. Tooka studios a long time to adapt, and outside the studios themselves it really messed with voice acting, mocap etc. Games that did get rushed out were almost all underdone and then everyone got scared and delayed their games to try finish them properly leading to a lot of big gaps. It doesn't help when half of the great companies of old are releasing total garbage now and no one's come through to replace them

Anyway I'm excited for this conference, unless I'm wrong it's 3am Monday for us? Which kinda sucks, don't think I will bother staying up haha

Just anything in general. I need something to look forward to. The number of new releases we got really took a dive after the GFC over 10 years ago with a lot of studios closing and it was slow to recover. Now as you said covid and to a lesser extent the war affecting some studios. Definitely feels like a real low point at the moment though but things should pick up over the next 12-18 months hopefully as everything that has been delayed starts to release.

This year is quite bleak for Xbox fans, I’m really hoping 2023 is the year we finally get the exclusives we’re after. All these acquisitions over the last few years and nothing as yet to really show for it.

Hopefully we get some new games. I don't know about you guys but it feels like gaming is super flat right now. Just long stretches between anything meaningful coming out. It's a great chance to catch up on your back catalogue or if you're an MMO nerd like me it's an opportunity to just focus on the one game for a while and not worry about missing anything. Though I can tell by just from the activity of this board alone of late that things are quiet on the gaming front as most of our traffic comes from new releases. That's just not happening right now.
Been like that since covid started imo

Doesn't help that their still isn't a decent supply of new gen consoles either

TMNT Shredder's Revenge looks like a fun beat em' up. Would be nice if it dropped on Gamepass next week like Streets of Rage 4 did.

This is the best trailer I've seen so far. Looks insanely creative

TMNT Shredder's Revenge looks like a fun beat em' up. Would be nice if it dropped on Gamepass next week like Streets of Rage 4 did.
It is launching on Game Pass
FU1V5b0XwAU58EA

We all knew it was coming, and now it’s reality. The Xbox app for cloud gaming will be available on 2022 Samsung Smart tv’s. No console required to play games.
so you don't need a console at all, just the app on the Samsung tv?

Would be great for gamepas but s**t if you want to save some money with the physical copies

This is the best trailer I've seen so far. Looks insanely creative

Devolver really are knocking it out of the park of late, they just seem to let the devs go nuts on creative vision and don't worry too much about hitting mainstream audiences or appealing to some wide market, so much as just wanting to create and make something that just looks great and fun.

Cult of the Lamb (made by Melbourne devs!), Anger Foot and Skate Story all have the same non-mainstreamy type look and feel but have a hook to them that just looks fun as *.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Devolver really are knocking it out of the park of late, they just seem to let the devs go nuts on creative vision and don't worry too much about hitting mainstream audiences or appealing to some wide market, so much as just wanting to create and make something that just looks great and fun.

Cult of the Lamb (made by Melbourne devs!), Anger Foot and Skate Story all have the same non-mainstreamy type look and feel but have a hook to them that just looks fun as duck.

I just wish they'd consistently release games to all platforms. I know that would increase the dev costs, but there are times when I just want games on my Series X and not the Switch or Steam.

Just bought Card Shark on Switch, looks like another Devolver gem.

so you don't need a console at all, just the app on the Samsung tv?

Would be great for gamepas but s**t if you want to save some money with the physical copies

No console required, and I’d suspect you’d have gamepass so would instantly have access to a heap of games. With Australia’s internet though I don’t see it being an appealing option tbh.

All these survival horrors back in vogue and still no Alien Isolation 2.

When that Xenomorph appeared in the Dark Descent trailer only for it to be another top-down co op shooter it was the ultimate utensil tease

Cause nothing embodies the Aliens experience like a top down impersonal shooter....r-right?

Last edited:
I have tickets to the Melbourne watch party for this showcase on Monday. Apparently Major Nelson is going to be there. So that's a thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back