Murray FL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Luke James the same full forward that played there a few years ago?
No, that would be Lee James.

Luke has played mostly down in Melbourne/Gippsland I'm told, apparently kicked 148 goals in 2011. Similar type of player though.
Having no ruckman may cost Mulwala a finals spot.

Wouldn't of thought he dominated.. Played as well as he could.. As the delivery was very ordinary at times.. But they will only improve in weeks to come..

I haven't seen the guy play. But after reading abit and hearing a good amount about him. Sounds like he could be a serious match winner for them. Him and Souter will be very dangerous

Hands or feet as from what I was told by a mutual supporter, he dominated the game .
Certainly didn't dominate, struggled early to be frank, delivery didn't help, but did turn it on in the last quarter and didn't go off at any stage of the game. Will all be better for the run and should be a mighty game Satdy night under lights at Mercury Drive.;)

Finley - deni game was a defenders dream hard to score goals , deni got off to a flyer and dominated the game until half thru 2nd quarter where Finley found some energy and took the game on . Last quarter just a titanic struggle could have gone either way but rams got over the line at home .gallagher outstanding for rams , two of the four robertson brothers cam & nick were great for Finley

Deni had a few players out , Finley had a couple out .rams have improved but not as much as I've been hearing , still an even comp .if you don't play well you've got no chance of winning :)

Certainly didn't dominate, struggled early to be frank, delivery didn't help, but did turn it on in the last quarter and didn't go off at any stage of the game. Will all be better for the run and should be a mighty game Satdy night under lights at Mercury Drive.;)

Not wrong hank, it should be a good hit out this weekend. My only worry is I found Rumba's forward line dysfunctional for the whole game on Friday. Not to take anything away from Numurkahs pressure and obvious intent, but Rumba's attack was at times woeful at best and very frustrating to watch. Cupido was wasteful, Edwards just couldn't get near it and was really quiet for his normal output, Jamie Atk was just not in it early on, though he swung the momentum in the last with a telling mark and goal from 50 out. Maybe they just need time to gel, but I thought that was Rumba's biggest weakness. The ball bounced out of the forward 50 far too easily at times, and as a result left the defence outnumbered on the counter attack.
But on the plus side, Ben Cox did well for his first game in a couple of years and will only get better, Kaine Proctor seems like great get, Jarrod Atk and Aaron Davey both contributed well and can get better also, I thought Armstrong should of gotten in the best for his hard attack on the footy, and Henderson could prove to be the biggest improvement to the team from last year with his presents in the back line.

Not wrong hank, it should be a good hit out this weekend. My only worry is I found Rumba's forward line dysfunctional for the whole game on Friday. Not to take anything away from Numurkahs pressure and obvious intent, but Rumba's attack was at times woeful at best and very frustrating to watch. Cupido was wasteful, Edwards just couldn't get near it and was really quiet for his normal output, Jamie Atk was just not in it early on, though he swung the momentum in the last with a telling mark and goal from 50 out. Maybe they just need time to gel, but I thought that was Rumba's biggest weakness. The ball bounced out of the forward 50 far too easily at times, and as a result left the defence outnumbered on the counter attack.
But on the plus side, Ben Cox did well for his first game in a couple of years and will only get better, Kaine Proctor seems like great get, Jarrod Atk and Aaron Davey both contributed well and can get better also, I thought Armstrong should of gotten in the best for his hard attack on the footy, and Henderson could prove to be the biggest improvement to the team from last year with his presents in the back line.
Hearing proctor has left after 1 game at rumba

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deni had a few players out , Finley had a couple out .rams have improved but not as much as I've been hearing , still an even comp .if you don't play well you've got no chance of winning :)

I agree browny, Finley kicked very poor, but also Deni lacked class that I've heard about. Think Finley lost it rather then Deni winning it, but I won't argue that Deni look a good outfit, probably could of helped with the 3 (i think) premiership players they had out that one very bias Deni supporter would not stop reminding me about. Cats have a lot of room for improvement which will come in te coming weeks with a couple more recruits we are getting

Interesting conversation. I agree with this post. Un extremely under strengthed North Albury side beat an almost full strength Rumbalara side in a practice match last year by 120 odd points. North Albury finished 6th in the O and M. I know it's only practice match but there was a bit of class difference that day.
Could any of you guys tell me anything about a Casey Beckhurst from Rumba?
Im not from rumba? I use to play for them

Watched the Rumba v Tonny game yesterday, Rumba unveiling its premiership Flag, and hosting Tonny on a ground it hadn't lost a game on all season last year. The game started off as I think all were expecting, close and tuff, with constant lead changes. Both defences were seemed to be feeling the heat and dealing with it quiet well, obviously with Tonny's defensive rebounds proving superior on the day. But credit where credits due, Tonny played a really good brand of football and came away with the cookies. Excuses could be made for all the if buts and maybes and injuries impact on the result but that's football and no doubt about it Tonny will be there at the business end of the season. Rumba have a bit of work to do to reach the same standard from last year, and although it's not out of reach, it will be difficult with the injuries mounting up......

Most results as expected, Numurkah look to have improved and been unlucky first two rounds. Majority would have expected Rumba to beat us, so great to be 2 zip after playing two sides that are expected to be vying for top4 spots. Biggest surprise was the smashing Deni received at the hands of Nathalia, any reports on what happened there?

Most results as expected, Numurkah look to have improved and been unlucky first two rounds. Majority would have expected Rumba to beat us, so great to be 2 zip after playing two sides that are expected to be vying for top4 spots. Biggest surprise was the smashing Deni received at the hands of Nathalia, any reports on what happened there?

Didn't see the game. I'd love to sy we had a bad bad day. Maybe we did. But sh1t the purps must be a really really good side

I see Echuca United has won two games without Guy Campbell being named in the best .. how is he going after the back injury? Any chance of him recapturing old form?

Getting beaten by Nathalia was not that much of a surprise Hank , but the manner in which the Deni boys lost really was. Thats the worst i have seen Deni play for at least 4 years. Unaccountable footy means your going to be chasing bums for the day, and thats what happened. Deni were down a couple of players but so was Nathalia. Nathalia played an exceptional high possesion game and ran the ball through the corridor really well, almost like last years Rumba side. Might be the kick in the pants Deni needed if its going to be a finals side this year, but if they dish that performance up next week then Moama will do the same.

Getting beaten by Nathalia was not that much of a surprise Hank , but the manner in which the Deni boys lost really was. Thats the worst i have seen Deni play for at least 4 years. Unaccountable footy means your going to be chasing bums for the day, and thats what happened. Deni were down a couple of players but so was Nathalia. Nathalia played an exceptional high possesion game and ran the ball through the corridor really well, almost like last years Rumba side. Might be the kick in the pants Deni needed if its going to be a finals side this year, but if they dish that performance up next week then Moama will do the same.
Deni celebrated too hard after beating Finley:) velvet sledge do you think deni has got the fire power up forward to kick a winning score lumbar, barker , McDonald , will they cut the mustard !

Deni celebrated too hard after beating Finley:) velvet sledge do you think deni has got the fire power up forward to kick a winning score lumbar, barker , McDonald , will they cut the mustard !

We always celebrate too hard after beating Finley NFB :p .... Those guys you mentioned are more than capable of forming part of a potent forward line, but all forwards need quality supply. We have a few guys who rather than give it off to the outside runners to deliver, would rather showboat and then bomb it to nobody.( I call that thirds footy)..It wont win senior games. We still have a long way to go NFB, but Frog will sort it out. Wont be too many easy games this year for anybody i think.

Seen Nathalia were without Snelson, who else were they missing? Must be a pretty handy outfit after you knocked us off this week before. And who did Deni have out? I seen young drafen played seconds??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back