Murray FL 2013/14

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing no one on here actually knows why Small left the rovers? If not then its probably not worth talking about.

Also. The rovers made nearly every player sign contracts. Even if they weren't getting paid and refused those players clearances. How can you make someone who doesn't get payed sign a contract?

I'm guessing no one on here actually knows why Small left the rovers? If not then its probably not worth talking about.

Also. The rovers made nearly every player sign contracts. Even if they weren't getting paid and refused those players clearances. How can you make someone who doesn't get payed sign a contract?

Quite aware why he left, which if anything makes it even more strange that wont be cleared.

Plenty of good player have and will continue too. The main difference is the depth in sides in the leagues, and I was pointing out that going up a league is a valid reason for a clearance as it certainly has been in the past with Finley losing players to the gvfl and O&MFL I think having 2 year contracts in country football is not really going to work either but that's my opinion. Can't play there so if has to sit out would be disappointing.
Big kev I like your energy, if only roar knew how great a player you were ! He doesn't realise how far Finley have come in last ten years with basically locals who have been developed by the club. Might want to invite him to Finley to see how much effort goes in by so many

Big kev I like your energy, if only roar knew how great a player you were ! He doesn't realise how far Finley have come in last ten years with basically locals who have been developed by the club. Might want to invite him to Finley to see how much effort goes in by so many

Its a bit rough, cant win these days. have developed thier own and picked up the odd one but managed to steer clear of spending the stupid big money for players. I think its a model that most clubs should try to follow and I think between them and united this year may end p the ultimate reward for the cats with the reserves also looking very strong.

Yes I do and I am well aware of the circumstances of what has transpired in regards to the juniors joining Fincity last year and also the Small case , which includes seeing his contract and other matters .

Plenty of good player have and will continue too. The main difference is the depth in sides in the leagues, and I was pointing out that going up a league is a valid reason for a clearance as it certainly has been in the past with Finley losing players to the gvfl and O&MFL I think having 2 year contracts in country football is not really going to work either but that's my opinion. Can't play there so if has to sit out would be disappointing.
I whole heartedly agree.

I would also like to clarify that it was never stated about juniors only that a very young Finley beat rovers. The angst came when roar accused of poaching. Finley were down and out but worked bloody hard a d stuck it out in the murray league when the easy option was to drop down. They are now reaping the rewards for that hard work.

No the angst re juniors started here:
  1. Roar you still working in picola league junior development , good to see tommy clurey get his first senior game last week. Finley flogged deni rovers with last years thirds premiership side in barooga night series tonight nofearbrowny, Yesterday at 1:14 AM
  2. Not a BIG difference in standard stick to the pivola league champ where your squeak sounds like a roar cod the rovers were just given a hiding by a murray league 3rds premiership side....
Considering you now admit you know the circumstances at rovers pretty poor form to spruik like this don't you think? I'm not knocking your program I'm simply knocking your arrogant attitude.

Roar responded to nofearbrowny's post with info re JD in the league which led to both you and nofearbrowny responding with insults. If you can't take a bit of flack being returned to you don't dish it out. If you cant manage to give genuine compliments don't expect any. Simple really.

As for the Small case. I believe in giving someone who is genuinely remorseful and looking to redeem themselves a second chance. I have faith he is one of those. Despite having a lot to face yet.
I am concerned for his wellbeing and hope he gets to play or be involved. Do I think that should be at rovers. No, I don't feel that would serve him well at this time. He needs a different environment IMO. He has enough pressure to face. playing at a club because they think he "owes" them so thereby adding that pressure as well I just don't feel will do either him or the club any good.
Who knows down the track he may return to rovers to make amends but l hope we can all be united at least on one point, that he can be one to turn things around for himself.

Agreed completly, i think it would of been best to clear hm then down the track would probably have been happy to return. Thats the main point i was trying to make regarding clearing players.

Agreed completly, i think it would of been best to clear hm then down the track would probably have been happy to return. Thats the main point i was trying to make regarding clearing players.
The club and league he is currently registered to have received professional advice strongly advising it is in his best interest to remain at the club he is currently registered.
This goes beyond having or not having a good player in a side , which unfortunately is clouding everyone's judgement .
As is this theory that he does or doesn't owe the club something .
He has a contract which is binding and it's in his best interest to play there .
Short term pain long term gain .

I find this puzzling.

quote=""The Roar Is Back", post: 32162666, member: 37329"]The club and league he is currently registered to have received professional advice strongly advising it is in his best interest to remain at the club he is currently registered.
This goes beyond having or not having a good player in a side , which unfortunately is clouding everyone's judgement .
As is this theory that he does or doesn't owe the club something .
He has a contract which is binding and it's in his best interest to play there .
Short term pain long term gain .[/quote]

I'm of the understanding that the advice received by the player and family is the opposite. Is there where the angst is coming from ? I find it odd that the club and league can say what's in the players best interest especially when it sounds as though its basically the opposite to that received by the pkayer

Bit more to come with this one I think

We're he or his parents involved in this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think anyone can be made sign a contract unwillingly paid or not..

I'm of the understanding that the advice received by the player and family is the opposite. Is there where the angst is coming from ? I find it odd that the club and league can say what's in the players best interest especially when it sounds as though its basically the opposite to that received by the pkayer

Bit more to come with this one I think

Isn't this kid 21 don't think he needed his mother or fathers permission? I'm sure he was happy to Take his pay cheque every week if he wants to be a professional footballer then he has to understand the consequences of this action all of this would have taken place during the season long before his recent pressure!!!

I don't know if it's relevant but is only being supplied fuel at Finley. Has not requested money , is just following the advice given.

I also think I would be going with the professional advice given to my family.

quote="Drovers Dog, post: 32164807, member: 152141"]Isn't this kid 21 don't think he needed his mother or fathers permission? I'm sure he was happy to Take his pay cheque every week if he wants to be a professional footballer then he has to understand the consequences of this action all of this would have taken place during the season long before his recent pressure!!![/quote]
I

I don't know if it's relevant but is only being supplied fuel at Finley. Has not requested money , is just following the advice given.

I also think I would be going with the professional advice given to my family.

quote="Drovers Dog, post: 32164807, member: 152141"]Isn't this kid 21 don't think he needed his mother or fathers permission? I'm sure he was happy to Take his pay cheque every week if he wants to be a professional footballer then he has to understand the consequences of this action all of this would have taken place during the season long before his recent pressure!!!
I[/quote]

Pretty sure rams had him most preseason until they decided not to take him on because of there no tolerance policy

Isn't this kid 21 don't think he needed his mother or fathers permission? I'm sure he was happy to Take his pay cheque every week if he wants to be a professional footballer then he has to understand the consequences of this action all of this would have taken place during the season long before his recent pressure!!!

Nice real nice lovey!!! This is why he shouldn't return to your club. Point proven.[/quote]

He can play rovers or not that is up to him it is all part of the process being accountable for your actions !!

He can play rovers or not that is up to him it is all part of the process being accountable for your actions !!

Yeah if you want to be hard hearted about it. To not want to help a young man who is remorseful and in a bad place is pretty appalling.

Go ahead you just lost the chance to renegotiate one major sponsor come seasons end. That's $15000 Not that you will care as long as he is made accountable right?
Claiming its for his interests to stay on one hand if I go by what roar said and then to see your posts where it's all about making him pay. That's deception so you should be accountable as well right?

I hope he gets to follow the advice given to his parents and turns his life around.[/quote

You are obviously very close to person concerned?? having children myself as a parent I feel he needs to face up to those who believe he is a good kid who made bad decisions......pretty sure they would support him ...... Not sure paying is what it's about as for deception that would mean to me that the club deceived him??? As for $15000 dollar sponsorship ?? Wow do clubs really get that sort of sponsorship we should all be in the Pdfl if that's what you get

Yeah if you want to be hard hearted about it. To not want to help a young man who is remorseful and in a bad place is pretty appalling.

Go ahead you just lost the chance to renegotiate one major sponsor come seasons end. That's $15000 Not that you will care as long as he is made accountable right?
Claiming its for his interests to stay on one hand if I go by what roar said and then to see your posts where it's all about making him pay. That's deception so you should be accountable as well right?

I hope he gets to follow the advice given to his parents and turns his life around.[/quote

You are obviously very close to person concerned?? having children myself as a parent I feel he needs to face up to those who believe he is a good kid who made bad decisions......pretty sure they would support him ...... Not sure paying is what it's about as for deception that would mean to me that the club deceived him??? As for $15000 dollar sponsorship ?? Wow do clubs really get that sort of sponsorship we should all be in the Pdfl if that's what you get
Further more I don't think anyone who has had dealings with any kid in trouble wants the worst for them most would walk away happily and if he couldn't play football there would be absolutely no discussion so really the fact he has some support base is really good

I'm a strong advocate for steering kids away from drugs. I'm not suggesting we are totally soft on him. A message needs to be sent to others somehow. I'm not sure if Finley should be paying him Fuel money. Don't think that's fair all things considered. His parents can afford the fuel.
So bigkev maybe readdress that? If he doesn't agree that sends a message don't you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back