Murray Football League (Part 4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ex Cobram coach Jason Kerr has taken the ass coach role at Toc as well.
Apparently was offered the coaching role at Finley but knocked it back.:footy:

Surely if this is correct, Finley must be starting to get worried, I know Toc dont have one as well but they are keeping most of there premiership list, teams like Cobram, Barooga, Mulwala , Nurmurka, and Congupna are all recruiting and up and going. Has Tongala got one yet Hank.

Surely if this is correct, Finley must be starting to get worried, I know Toc dont have one as well but they are keeping most of there premiership list, teams like Cobram, Barooga, Mulwala , Nurmurka, and Congupna are all recruiting and up and going. Has Tongala got one yet Hank.

No, not as yet, last interview this Friday I believe so should have an appointment next week. An Assistant Coach has been appointed though. Training run tomorrow night so will know more then.

Matt Chapman...can he play?

Have played with him as a junior and also against him this year and watched him in some games this year and theres no doubt he can play has a great set of hands and is strong, saw him carve up toc (09 premiers) in the home and away season but then let himself and his team down in the final against them with an undisciplined act.
Think his problem may be when things arent going his way he drops his lip so as I said he can obviously play but think he needs to get more consistent.
Bads as for him costing Barooga I think the whole playing group can lay claim to taking the blame for that 1 (maybe even the goal umpire on prelim final day can take some responsibility as well) ;)

No, not as yet, last interview this Friday I believe so should have an appointment next week. An Assistant Coach has been appointed though. Training run tomorrow night so will know more then.
Who's your assistant Hank ? I must be someone who played last year unless you have done some sly recruiting . Also has Scotty managed to Lure any out to Gig ? I heard Brunny was on his wish list

Who's your assistant Hank ? I must be someone who played last year unless you have done some sly recruiting . Also has Scotty managed to Lure any out to Gig ? I heard Brunny was on his wish list

None to Gig, Brunty has gone to Lancy. No the AC has gone to someone outside the club, has played in the MFL before though but not for us, will slot into the midfield nicely, cover Brunty no worries and will be very handy for the future as he is only early 20s. Has lived in Tongala for past 18 months or so. Will be announced and he will be at training tomorrow night.
Still got a couple to cover but hopefully once coach is announced a few will jump on board.

would think so, would be hard to recruit players at this stage but there is plenty of talk that finley will pick up heaps. wonder how many are wainting to see who coaches

Did Jason Kerr knock back the job at Finley or GET KNOCKED BACK on the job big difference

would think so, would be hard to recruit players at this stage but there is plenty of talk that finley will pick up heaps. wonder how many are wainting to see who coaches

Would think no one would sign without knowing who the coach is and they have been very busy recruiting so could be alot of activity in short space of time when an appointment is made

Calm despite departures - Shepp News
Moama Football Club president Alan Green is unconcerned the club could lose up to a third of this year's beaten grand final side.
Best and fairest Levi Moss and century goal-kicker Michael Allen head a list of six players currently yet to recommit to another season at Moama.

The Melbourne-based mates travelled together each weekend to play for the Magpies.

Allen's future has been in doubt since the season's end, while Moss has indicated he will return if he can find a travelling partner to join him at the club.

``Levi's working closely with our coaches (Shannon Keam and Luke Eldridge) on recruiting,'' Green said.

``He's talking to a few people from around Melbourne to try and find someone to travel with. We don't want anymore travellers than three or four.''

Paul Van Der Sluys, Luke Agg, James Roscoe and Adrian Beer are others in some doubt to return next season.

Van Der Sluys could relocate to Western Australia for work, while youngsters Roscoe (Bendigo) and Beer (Ballarat) are starting university.

Beer has had shoulder surgery to repair an injury he carried for the latter part of the season.

``He won't be playing for a while. I doubt he will be right for the first round (next year), so he might decide to travel back to Moama,'' Green said.

Green is happy to continue promoting Moama's youth, a formula that proved vital in making this year's grand final against Tocumwal.

``We're not going to go out and buy a premiership,'' Green said.

``Young kids don't worry about the reputations of their opposition. They just go out and play . . . and we were a kick away from winning a grand final.

``We might lose a few players, but we'll keep developing our young guys.''

(Log in to remove this ad.)

matt chapman, didnt live up to expectations or what we said we could do, even worse bloke off the field, prob best if you get him to wear a muzzle to footy functions. Dont take to music festivals please!

matt chapman, didnt live up to expectations or what we said we could do, even worse bloke off the field, prob best if you get him to wear a muzzle to footy functions. Dont take to music festivals please!

Fair enough mate. What about a bloke by the name of Logie? I'm led to believe he has also signed with Heidelberg.

wonder how many conspiracy theory’s are gunna start with the G-Train haven a meal in Barooga

Not too many themagicfrog, he was up our way in Cairns, Port Douglas a few weeks back and having lunch with a coach up here that is heading back to Vic to coach, and we have not read much into that......... oh and that team is against Barooga...........

Heard from a pretty reliable source that Andrew Reid looks likely to get the Tonny job. Also heard that Souter is staying at Tonny despite the best efforts of GV clubs to entice him elsewhere.. Any truth hank?

Heard from a pretty reliable source that Andrew Reid looks likely to get the Tonny job. Also heard that Souter is staying at Tonny despite the best efforts of GV clubs to entice him elsewhere.. Any truth hank?

Doubtful mate about Reidy, Brett Scarcella Assistant Coach and Jimmy Cullum from Tally onboard. A coach announcement may still be a way off, but everything else seems to be being looked after and under control. Unsure on the latest with Jordan, Mooroopna seem to be the front runners, he trained with Tonny Wednesday night and as far as I know hasn't trained with anyone else, so hopefully we can get another year out of him.

Not too many themagicfrog, he was up our way in Cairns, Port Douglas a few weeks back and having lunch with a coach up here that is heading back to Vic to coach, and we have not read much into that......... oh and that team is against Barooga...........

so that would be congupna

so what are the updates on clubs ins and outs...
Numurkah
Out - Paul Stammers and Matt Johns
Ins- Luke Cowan, Matt Dwyer, Josh Bell, Nick Howden, and a couple more to be confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back