Murray Football League (Part 4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh hell yeah....dont forget Al Corrie & the Agg broz!!!
Seem to recall a round robin comp being played around this time (8-10 years ago) when Moama played echuca and united. These players you have mentioned majority of them played and Moama was comprehensively beaten. Around :footy:15 goals from memory. Corrie did play at Echuca for a season at one stage and struggled. Was a good player in the Murray league though. Murray league has and never will be up to GV standard overall simply because Murray League clubs are geographically to far away to attract enough top line players. That's not saying their isn't top line players playing Murray league...their is...just not enough of them.

SPORSTBET ODDS
Murray Football League 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2-4-2010 14:10AEDST 8-4-2010 10.00AEDST
Winner
Deniliquin Rams 3.50.......out to $4.50
Mulwala 3.50.................out to $3.75
Moama 6.50..................in to $5.00
Barooga 6.50................out to $7.00
Numurkah 9.00..............in to $5.00
Cobram 11.00...............in to $9.00
Echuca United 16.00......out to $26.00
Congupna 16.00............in to $13.00
Tocumwal 26.00............Unchanged
Rumbalara 41.00............Unchanged
Finley 51.00..................in to $21.00
Nathalia 81.00...............out to $126.00
Tongala 81.00...............Unchanged

Some Juicy odd in there consifering i think it could really be anyones this year.
Might put a bet on!

Can anyone confirm if Secco had 43 touches in his first game back? What a great effort if so.

i am pretty sure he had 38 touches. but still a great effort for a 41 year old. also had parsons in his ear yelling out from the box all day

Seem to recall a round robin comp being played around this time (8-10 years ago) when Moama played echuca and united. These players you have mentioned majority of them played and Moama was comprehensively beaten. Around :footy:15 goals from memory. Corrie did play at Echuca for a season at one stage and struggled. Was a good player in the Murray league though. Murray league has and never will be up to GV standard overall simply because Murray League clubs are geographically to far away to attract enough top line players. That's not saying their isn't top line players playing Murray league...their is...just not enough of them.

If you love the GV so much , why don't you marry it ?

Hey hank how are you boys shaping up for this weekend??
Full strength or not quiet??
Last itme we played we got an absolute hiding, and i'd hate to think your boys have forgotten it. . . . . Coz i know our boys haven't. . . . . . . .
We'll be 4 blokes shy of full strength but we'll be out for a bit of respect. . . . . . . . You gonna need your weet-bix!!

Yeah Corrie was injury struck that season @ Echuca tho' even played a couple in the Magooz Alan @ his fittest & best best could go play League tho anyone watched would agree!!;) Even kicked 7 on Jas Akermanis in State Championships TRUE STORY:thumbsu::thumbsu:...Just have a look @ inherited talent through his nephews Aaron, Alwyn, & Anthony Yeah I remember x-border Challenge Moama got Echuca Bombers by 6 goals' :eek: but the Old Moama squad Premiership Triplet Coached...was the best tho!! 100% agree with your GV comment :thumbsu::thumbsu: although with the $$ gettin pushed around MFL attracting some more good quality players!!

Hey mate i think the toc side last year would have given it a good crack in the gv mate, they had a really strong side from back to forward mate you'll be surprised how good some of the teams are in the Murray League,, but defs toc side last year we had a crazy team!!!

Hey mate i think the toc side last year would have given it a good crack in the gv mate, they had a really strong side from back to forward mate you'll be surprised how good some of the teams are in the Murray League,, but defs toc side last year we had a crazy team!!!

Yeah I wreckon...even the Dynasty of Deniliquin & Nathalia's reigns of GF!!

Hey hank how are you boys shaping up for this weekend??
Full strength or not quiet??
Last itme we played we got an absolute hiding, and i'd hate to think your boys have forgotten it. . . . . Coz i know our boys haven't. . . . . . . .
We'll be 4 blokes shy of full strength but we'll be out for a bit of respect. . . . . . . . You gonna need your weet-bix!!

Just myself out with a string mate, yes do remember last year, we went downhill pretty quick after that I think. Should be a close one tomorrow. All the Best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone confirm if Secco had 43 touches in his first game back? What a great effort if so.

I watched the game in person.
Secco had 39 touches and I can confirm that he took a fair bit of motivation from Gary Parsons yelling out from the coaches box to him all day- calling him a sheepdog etc. All Parsons did was make himself look like a d1ckhead.
Secco is an absolute legend of country footy. 39 touches first game back, not bad for a 41 year old who was retired for the last 2 years.

I watched the game in person.
Secco had 39 touches and I can confirm that he took a fair bit of motivation from Gary Parsons yelling out from the coaches box to him all day- calling him a sheepdog etc. All Parsons did was make himself look like a d1ckhead.
Secco is an absolute legend of country footy. 39 touches first game back, not bad for a 41 year old who was retired for the last 2 years.

Great stuff I hope they have a few wins during the year and play finals even if it does cost me $20 each time they win.
Even better fixing up Deni and Parsons, always was a w***er

13.8-86 Deniliquin Rams def. by Mulwala 12.21-93...................................................................................... 11.15-81 Congupna def. by Barooga 12.16-88 .....................................................................
18.23-131 Moama def. Nathalia 1.7-13 .....................................................................
19.11-125 Cobram def. Echuca United 9.4-58 .....................................................................
23.18-156 Numurkah def. Tocumwal 4.10-34 .............................................................................................. 12.12-84 Tongala def. by Rumbalara 12.15-87 ................................................................................................................... BYE Finley

i did say something during this forum about the blues that they were ready. people said i was crazy but to flog last years premiers like that. that has to stand for something.

i did say something during this forum about the blues that they were ready. people said i was crazy but to flog last years premiers like that. that has to stand for something.

I think you will find last weeks win against Mulwala will stand for a bit more than beating Toc, but yes you guys are looking the goods.

Just myself out with a string mate, yes do remember last year, we went downhill pretty quick after that I think. Should be a close one tomorrow. All the Best.

As predicted a close one it was. Good to be on the right side of it though, how bout that last 1/4 38 minutes long. I THOUGHT THE TIME KEEPERS DUCKED OUT FOR A COFFEE AND FORGOT ABOUT THE GAME> IT WAS EITHER THAT OR THEY COULDNT MAKE UP THEIR MIND WHO THEY WANTED TO WIN THE GAME

Get on the blues..

Went and had a look a Congupna v Barooga, the Hawks kicked the first 5 of the game before Congupna even touch the ball, but the Roaders got themselves back in the game and it was a ripper second half,and the hawks hung on for a 6pt win. I know rumours are out there about Harvey and what sought of money is being paid, but from what I saw today 3 goals is not going to be a good return for what is rumoured to being paid out. Little Indigenous fella for Congupna can play where is he from, quick....

Get on the Blues, what the hell went on there today,[ bet Matty D killed it in the middle] they have had an outstanding start to the season, and we are all starting to notice now, the Blues are in town.

Went and had a look a Congupna v Barooga, the Hawks kicked the first 5 of the game before Congupna even touch the ball, but the Roaders got themselves back in the game and it was a ripper second half,and the hawks hung on for a 6pt win. I know rumours are out there about Harvey and what sought of money is being paid, but from what I saw today 3 goals is not going to be a good return for what is rumoured to being paid out. Little Indigenous fella for Congupna can play where is he from, quick....

Get on the Blues, what the hell went on there today,[ bet Matty D killed it in the middle] they have had an outstanding start to the season, and we are all starting to notice now, the Blues are in town.

That would be Miles Keridun, 18 year old kid from up in the Cape, played last couple of seasons at Manunda Hawks.:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back