Murray Football League (Part 4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barooga VS Cobram
Echuca United VS Moama (its at Moama isn't it?)
Nathalia Vs Tongala
Tocumwal VS Congupna
Finley VS Deni
Mulwala VS Numurkah
Hey Ringo, usually the team in front of the 'vs' has the home ground advantage:D and that will be the case on Good Friday!!

Barooga VS Cobram
Echuca United VS Moama (its at Moama isn't it?)
Nathalia Vs Tongala
Tocumwal VS Congupna
Finley VS Deni
Mulwala VS Numurkah

Barooga VS Cobram 15 points
Echuca United VS Moama 40 points
Nathalia Vs Tongala 10 points
TocumwalVS Congupna 6 points
Finley VS Deni very close
Mulwala VS Numurkah 30 points

Barooga VS Cobram
Echuca United VS Moama
Tocumwal VS Congupna
Finley VS Deniliquin
Mulwala VS Numurkah

I don't think Barooga do have a "Budget".

I hate sportingpulse!!!!!!!! No info, wish we still had old set up.

Barooga VS Cobram
Echuca United VS Moama
Tocumwal VS Congupna
Finley VS Deniliquin
Mulwala VS Numurkah

Barooga
VS Cobram
Echuca United VS Moama
Tocumwal VS Congupna
Finley VS Deniliquin
Mulwala VS Numurkah.
Nathalia Vs Tongala

Good luck to all Clubs starting this week, Wish we were playing but someone has to have the Bye first up I guess.

Barooga
VS Cobram
Echuca United VS Moama
Tocumwal VS Congupna
Finley VS Deniliquin
Mulwala VS Numurkah.
Nathalia Vs Tongala

Good luck to all Clubs starting this week, Wish we were playing but someone has to have the Bye first up I guess.
How are you guys looking Morgs? Picked up any new recruits? How's sexy Rexy Taylor going? :D

This weekend should see some cracking games. Weather looks the goods too.
How are all the teams finally shaping up? Any last minute inclusions or recruits? Any injuries? How have the bodies held up after a long pre-season?

How are you guys looking Morgs? Picked up any new recruits? How's sexy Rexy Taylor going? :D

This weekend should see some cracking games. Weather looks the goods too.
How are all the teams finally shaping up? Any last minute inclusions or recruits? Any injuries? How have the bodies held up after a long pre-season?

We're going OK. As all teams at this time of year, we feel we have put together a good side. The new coach has meant a fresh start for a few and has generated a good atmosphere around the club. We will still be a fairly young side, but with pace and flair to burn. With a game style brought in by Sam Ahmet that compliments that. As for recruits we only really picked up two young lads form Alice Springs along with Brad Lovett-Kruize from Norcote Park and big Benny Cox a couple of talls to go with all the pacey smalls we have, and of course Rex Taylor will play the full year with us after two years at VFL level and before that Pioneers. We really concentared on keeping the players we already had to take us forward. So we will see how we go against Tonny next week.

Don't know about division 5 standard, but you're right about daniels and what people up here think. There's no way you can say it's not his fault for the position cutters are in now, everyone knows that. We watched them on saturday against a new guinea team that had guys out and had played 4 games in a week, and south cairns were hammered! It's quite sad to be honest. Anyway not why I'm here, how does country vic rate the queensland leagues? Because we only seem to get the good players not the great ones. I mean we have a bloke up here, walsh, who was only just a footballer at home but is a star up here.

You are so right torp60. It is Daniels fault and people will never forgive him for it. However, not all players left to go with him, some returned to their orginal clubs. We will wait and see just how Daniels goes this year, my guess is he will struggle. Time will tell.

Barooga VS Cobram
Echuca United VS Moama
Tocumwal VS Congupna
Finley VS Deniliquin
Mulwala VS Numurkah

Are you a myFootyweb member, without it you cannot access info.

There is actually heaps more information on the new MFL website, all the old Competition is listed under Competitions from 2004 to 2009,. league history, media news. Have you ever browsed thru the site, it is very comprehensive in its content.

You are so right torp60. It is Daniels fault and people will never forgive him for it. However, not all players left to go with him, some returned to their orginal clubs. We will wait and see just how Daniels goes this year, my guess is he will struggle. Time will tell.

I think some actual facts to the whole Daniels saga need to be bought forward. Prior to the 2009 season begining 14 players informed the club that this would be their last season in Cairns, most of these bloke served 3 years at the club which is around the average for guys from down south these guys leaving had nothing to do with Steve, at this stage he was looking at another season at the helm unfortunatley there were some health issues with family in Vic and Steve made the decision to move back home to help. The only 2 Cutters players that are at Congupna are the Douglas brothers, Andrew Browning only ever commited to one season with us and is a great bloke but not a local and Shane Cockerall came up here with Steve and has gone back with him, I find the guessing and speculation that goes on in these pages pretty ordinary if people dont know the facts then they should shut up and keep their opinons to themselve rather than tarnishing a bloke's reputation

I think some actual facts to the whole Daniels saga need to be bought forward. Prior to the 2009 season begining 14 players informed the club that this would be their last season in Cairns, most of these bloke served 3 years at the club which is around the average for guys from down south these guys leaving had nothing to do with Steve, at this stage he was looking at another season at the helm unfortunatley there were some health issues with family in Vic and Steve made the decision to move back home to help. The only 2 Cutters players that are at Congupna are the Douglas brothers, Andrew Browning only ever commited to one season with us and is a great bloke but not a local and Shane Cockerall came up here with Steve and has gone back with him, I find the guessing and speculation that goes on in these pages pretty ordinary if people dont know the facts then they should shut up and keep their opinons to themselve rather than tarnishing a bloke's reputation

Well said!!!!!!

Fretty mate, dont get hooked in, I do not know Steve, but I know alot of people around GV and in Cairns that know him and cannot speak more highly of the bloke and as a coach, [ and I mean people that I respect in the football world,] not blokes that sit behind there computers and probably have never played the game. Not for one minute do I or alot of people on this tread beleive its his fault all the players left. The Coach of Tongala just stood down, and a heap of players have left are we blaming him??[ sorry Hank] So like alot of us Fretty, dont get hooked.........:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ha Ha people will never forgive him, I still dont forgive him for drinking all my turkeys in the fridge, a fortnight ago, :D:D

Are you a myFootyweb member, without it you cannot access info.

There is actually heaps more information on the new MFL website, all the old Competition is listed under Competitions from 2004 to 2009,. league history, media news. Have you ever browsed thru the site, it is very comprehensive in its content.

Of course I'm a member. One of the freakin first ones. It's only from 04-2008. Only info I could find that I was after was Matty Hughes kicked 79 goals.

Old set up had top 10 at each club!

Of course I'm a member. One of the freakin first ones. It's only from 04-2008. Only info I could find that I was after was Matty Hughes kicked 79 goals.

Old set up had top 10 at each club!

2009 is in Competitions - Fixture/Results - Results - Normal Season or Finals - Rnd depending on where club finished - detailed results - player name - this will bring up all his matches, goals and best player votes. from here
if you click on team stats left column then Goals it will give top goalkickers for the club from top to last

2009 is in Competitions - Fixture/Results - Results - Normal Season or Finals - Rnd depending on where club finished - detailed results - player name - this will bring up all his matches, goals and best player votes. from here
if you click on team stats left column then Goals it will give top goalkickers for the club from top to last

Cheers Brother!

Barooga VS Cobram - should be a good game, Shane harvey to kick 10 in a loosing side
Echuca United VS Moama - Moama easy
TocumwalVS Congupna -could go either way
Finley VS Deniliquin- Deni by 20 goals... will be the side to beat along with Moama this yr
Mulwala VS Numurkah. - to many outs this week for the blues
Nathalia Vs Tongala - whoever losers becomes the favourite for the wooden spoon

Good luck to all players and hope round 1 can be injury free as it looks as though it will be a cracking year in the MFL

Barooga VS Cobram - should be a good game, Shane harvey to kick 10 in a loosing side
Echuca United VS Moama - Moama easy
TocumwalVS Congupna -could go either way
Finley VS Deniliquin- Deni by 20 goals... will be the side to beat along with Moama this yr
Mulwala VS Numurkah. - to many outs this week for the blues
Nathalia Vs Tongala - whoever losers becomes the favourite for the wooden spoon
Good luck to all players and hope round 1 can be injury free as it looks as though it will be a cracking year in the MFL

mmmmmmm

SPORSTBET ODDS
Murray Football League 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2-4-2010 14:10AEDST
Winner
Deniliquin Rams 3.50
Mulwala 3.50
Moama 6.50
Barooga 6.50
Numurkah 9.00
Cobram 11.00
Echuca United 16.00
Congupna 16.00
Tocumwal 26.00
Rumbalara 41.00
Finley 51.00
Nathalia 81.00
Tongala 81.00

SPORSTBET ODDS
Murray Football League 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2-4-2010 14:10AEDST
Winner
Deniliquin Rams 3.50
Mulwala 3.50
Moama 6.50
Barooga 6.50
Numurkah 9.00
Cobram 11.00
Echuca United 16.00
Congupna 16.00
Tocumwal 26.00
Rumbalara 41.00
Finley 51.00
Nathalia 81.00
Tongala 81.00

Rams and Mul way too short, i'll have Moama at those odds!

How about Nathalia & Tonny do a deal? Put a bit of money on one of us and then we clear all the best players to that club, buy a few more to top up. Then split the profits?
I'll put 5g's in if every ones up for it.

just wait for hank to get on Tonny, they be a lot shorter then :p

Haha, nah they took all my hard earned last year. We are a little off the pace at this stage I think, not sure we are equal favs for wooden spoon though. We will find more out today.

Yeah if Nathalia and Tonny combined we'd still be off the premiership pace I reckon, although I like your thinking, $10,000 @ $81, I tell you what leave it another week and whoever loses this week will go out to over $100 and we will make them the team of choice, reckon we could get the Gemmill's, Souter, Roberts, Parks, Barnes, Snelson, Butler's etc back. $10,000 @ $100+, thats $1MIL + isn't it. Give the players shares in the proposal and we might just get it off the ground:rolleyes::p:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back