Murray Football League - Season 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Murray Football League (Part 5)

Congratulations to Moama. Great effort and it just shows you don't need to spend big $$ like most of the other clubs have in recent times who have tried and failed to win a flag. The great thing is, Moama learned from doing this a couple of years back and changed their ways to a huge advantage.

Anyone who watched the senior game able to give a breakdown of procedings? Where did the Lions fall short? Who carved it up for Moama? Was Mulwala over-confident going into the match? Was Moama just too good with 21 contributors?

Yes well done to Moama, they were the much better team on the day. I also believe they were the best TEAM I had seen all season. Some other had quality footballers, but didn't play as well as a team.

As far as the game goes, Moama appeared much better prepared and wanted it a lot more. Their defence has been solid all season and was a real key to their success. Mulwala had no noticeable tags on any of the Moama guns. Scambler and Moss have outstanding kicking skills and needed to be shut down, along with Hudson and Pumpa who are also good ball carriers.

Angus Grigg was much too mobile for Nathan Parker and Tim Doyle. Parker was under pressure all day, as they played through his opponent when he zones off, and he made a lot of skill errors and clangers. They played quick blokes on him like Grigg and Sage to exploit his lack of pace and zoning off.

Tim Hargreaves tried hard but was obviouly injured, along with Tim Doyle who also struggled with injury. Their youngsters were fairly poor, maybe the occassion overwhelmed them. The Robinson boys tried to do to much with the footy and were often caught. While Lee James had very limited opportunities, but was kept quiet by Micalizzi and John McHenry had a good battle with Luke Dunham. James often tried to mark on his chest, which was easy to spoil, unsure whether he had any shoulder or hand injury.

Mulwala will obviously learn a lot from the loss, but a number of their key players are getting older and a lot of their young ones are solid little 5ft 9in players who were not suited to the big Toc ground.

Moama's success came from their solid defence in Eldridge, Dunham, Micalizzi, Jay, Keam and Armfield. With Scambler and Moss providing the class and Hudson, Pumpa and Grigg very important. They had 21 contributors though with Bourke, the Thorp boys etc all contributing and doing their job.

Yes well done to Moama, they were the much better team on the day. I also believe they were the best TEAM I had seen all season. Some other had quality footballers, but didn't play as well as a team.

As far as the game goes, Moama appeared much better prepared and wanted it a lot more. Their defence has been solid all season and was a real key to their success. Mulwala had no noticeable tags on any of the Moama guns. Scambler and Moss have outstanding kicking skills and needed to be shut down, along with Hudson and Pumpa who are also good ball carriers.

Angus Grigg was much too mobile for Nathan Parker and Tim Doyle. Parker was under pressure all day, as they played through his opponent when he zones off, and he made a lot of skill errors and clangers. They played quick blokes on him like Grigg and Sage to exploit his lack of pace and zoning off.

Tim Hargreaves tried hard but was obviouly injured, along with Tim Doyle who also struggled with injury. Their youngsters were fairly poor, maybe the occassion overwhelmed them. The Robinson boys tried to do to much with the footy and were often caught. While Lee James had very limited opportunities, but was kept quiet by Micalizzi and John McHenry had a good battle with Luke Dunham. James often tried to mark on his chest, which was easy to spoil, unsure whether he had any shoulder or hand injury.

Mulwala will obviously learn a lot from the loss, but a number of their key players are getting older and a lot of their young ones are solid little 5ft 9in players who were not suited to the big Toc ground.

Moama's success came from their solid defence in Eldridge, Dunham, Micalizzi, Jay, Keam and Armfield. With Scambler and Moss providing the class and Hudson, Pumpa and Grigg very important. They had 21 contributors though with Bourke, the Thorp boys etc all contributing and doing their job.

I agree with all of that purple hawk, Disapointing effort from James and Mulwaylas forward line, I thought that they didnt put enough pressure on the Moamas back 6 when the ball was in thier forward 50. Scambler and Moss were outstanding all day. I believe that Mul were too cocky going into the granny after beating Cobram. Moama new what they had to do to win after they lost by a kick last year.. Well done Moama

Don't know about cocky, nothing wrong with confidence however I think the young ones were probably overwhelmed by the occasion, If they make it next year,they will go into it totally committed knowing the gut -wrenching feel of losing this year.

Full credit to Moama on an awesome display, they knew the feeling of losing last year and weren't prepared to lose this one.

Thanks for the summary, Purple Hawk. I must say I thought Moama losing last year would make them much better prepared for this year's assault. The team this year was very similar to last year's, with the addition of a couple of quality operators to add some polish.

As the old saying goes, you have to lose one to win one. Could be the same with St Kilda this week :D

Could anyone please give some info on Michael Sumner from Barooga? Just moved to our area. Position, height, etc?

Yeah Michael is quite a big boy around 6"3 plays CHB, CHF, RUCK not a bad player. need a big preseason from him to het the best but should be handy for ya...

Thanks for the summary, Purple Hawk. I must say I thought Moama losing last year would make them much better prepared for this year's assault. The team this year was very similar to last year's, with the addition of a couple of quality operators to add some polish.

As the old saying goes, you have to lose one to win one. Could be the same with St Kilda this week :D

Not a chance old Tucky boy.

Yeah Michael is quite a big boy around 6"3 plays CHB, CHF, RUCK not a bad player. need a big preseason from him to het the best but should be handy for ya...

I thought you were from Barooga:confused:

Michael Sumner is a hard running midfielder with a raking left foot. I rate him very highly.

Are you trying to put "juddtrain" off the scent or just getting mixed up with Matt Hendry.;)

Maybe BIGHAWK could give his opinion and description of Michael Sumner:)

I thought you were from Barooga:confused:

Michael Sumner is a hard running midfielder with a raking left foot. I rate him very highly.

Are you trying to put "juddtrain" off the scent or just getting mixed up with Matt Hendry.;)

Maybe BIGHAWK could give his opinion and description of Michael Sumner:)

I'm with you PH. Maybe King Ding should put " a ling" at the end of his profile!!!!! Not sure where he got his info from?????
Mick came to us this year from Tailem Bend in SA. Had an outstanding year playing mainly off a half forward flank. Very skilful, quick and a beautiful left foot kick! Sorry to see him move away as he will feature prominently in our B & F which is this Friday! Down a bit during the finals as he was dealing with a fair amount in making the move to Ararat. Overall a fantastic year from a very quite and uassuming young man.

I'm with you PH. Maybe King Ding should put " a ling" at the end of his profile!!!!! Not sure where he got his info from?????
Mick came to us this year from Tailem Bend in SA. Had an outstanding year playing mainly off a half forward flank. Very skilful, quick and a beautiful left foot kick! Sorry to see him move away as he will feature prominently in our B & F which is this Friday! Down a bit during the finals as he was dealing with a fair amount in making the move to Ararat. Overall a fantastic year from a very quite and uassuming young man.

Well boys after such a good year I hate to see good quality players leaving our club. sorry for trying to give false comments but he will be a big loss to our side and very hard to replace, thats all I can say.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who is Peter Bird??

Have seen him play and give away plenty of frees. Cost Echuca a final one year by undisciplined play against Tat from what I can recall. Bit of a fiery type. Definately an appointment from left field but never know, he might be okay, can't always judge a coach by how he played.

Have seen him play and give away plenty of frees. Cost Echuca a final one year by undisciplined play against Tat from what I can recall. Bit of a fiery type. Definately an appointment from left field but never know, he might be okay, can't always judge a coach by how he played.
Bird was de-registered from the VCFL last season when playing for Pyramid Hill as he exceeded the maximum 16 matches a player can be suspended for. Good player, just has an extreme case of white line fever.

Bird was de-registered from the VCFL last season when playing for Pyramid Hill as he exceeded the maximum 16 matches a player can be suspended for. Good player, just has an extreme case of white line fever.

Presentation Night tonight at Tonny so big chance it will be announced tonight, an interesting choice!

??? For a person to coach dont they have to be registered with that club, if they can't be registered then how can they coach ???

??? For a person to coach dont they have to be registered with that club, if they can't be registered then how can they coach ???

I think he appealed to the VCFL and got cleared. I would assume restraint of trade could come into it if the appeal failed. I would of thought they would've chased the Newman brothers pretty hard seeing D Newman is the new owner of the Tonny Newsagency.

What a great night at the GV for the Rumbalara FNC Senior Presentation Ball. The run away winner came as no surprise to many on the night as Braydon Williams took home the B&F trophy for 2010. Big Benny Cox finish second and Rex Taylor doing the League/Club double to finish Third in both counts.

Yeah was announced last night, thought the same about the de-registration, but story is he has been cleared to coach but not play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back