Murray Football League - Season 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Murray Football League (Part 5)

Agreed bigkev,

Rumba start as well tonight,

i heard they start with a 3 km timetrial....

Sammy Ahmet must be serious this year :p

Yer started tonight with 30+ on track doing a 3.2km time trial and there was mention of Jarrod heading back Rumba if he doesn't get pick up again.

Fair Enough King Dingaling, maybe they're not spending as much as Barooga, but last year they would have been well on par. Also when it comes to not knowing what they are paying out, i am good mates with 90% of the recruits cobram had last year and also Normo and Dawesy, so when you are hearing things from the horses mouth i think i might know a little bit of what i am tallking about.

Well Ive also heard the same about your club!!!!! I will give you the enitials.. Shepp East :eek::eek::eek::eek: I can tell you now that Cobram did not discuss a price with Dawesy at all, but I no that Normo was telling guys that cobram offered him over a grand. And again I will tell you that it was no where near that amount................. Happy to discuss over a beer though if you like:):):)

I'm hearing rumours of Cobram offering McMillan (from Yarrawonga) the sort of $ that would send all Barooga haters into a spin .....

I'm hearing rumours of Cobram offering McMillan (from Yarrawonga) the sort of $ that would send all Barooga haters into a spin .....

Surely it isn't bigger than what Barooga offered him over 2 years.... Either way if a club can afford to offer someone a certain amount good luck to them just means the other clubs need to work harder and stop sooking

...and more to the point, what were YOU doing at the gym?
Well I heard that there was a vacancy in the 2's comp for a rotund old yapper with hairy shoulders now that Carda's has gone, so I thought i'd apply for the job. I was at the gym going through their lost and found bin to see if there was a pair of shorts big enough for me...

Though I can't guarantee I'll average about 5 goals a game in the McGoo's like Carda's did - I will miss watching the great man go round in the Midday Show! :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Surely it isn't bigger than what Barooga offered him over 2 years.... Either way if a club can afford to offer someone a certain amount good luck to them just means the other clubs need to work harder and stop sooking

Well I am suggesting that Special Projects knows F*&k all. As Cobram have not even spoken to McMillan. So I reckon he should stop spinning s**t on here and actually put on stuff that actually is correct.

What was he offered over 2 years TimBurr???????

Some very inacurate rumours SP! You need to check your information before getting on hear. Cobram have not spoken to Marcus.
As for the Berrigan camp saying Cobram offered Gorman $500 - get real!!!
He apparently was keen to do a pre season and make up his mind in the new year where he will play.:footy:

Some very inacurate rumours SP! You need to check your information before getting on hear. Cobram have not spoken to Marcus.
He apparently was keen to do a pre season and make up his mind in the new year where he will play.:footy:

No one has actually mentioned matt gorman got offered 500? what did he get offered if u know so much?

$0.00 The offer was to come and play at the club and try a higher league.
good luck to matty why wouldnt any young player want to try an play to the highest of his abilty after winning aq league medal in a lower league, His famliy has been very loyal to Berrigan an we as a club wish him all the best. and for $500 a game :eek: thats just the silly season for ya

Seriously everyone has got to get over what club is offering who what and how much there club is spending!! If the clubs got it and survive year in year out then the aim is to win '' PREMIERSHIPS'' isnt it???????????????:D:D:footy::rolleyes:

Seriously everyone has got to get over what club is offering who what and how much there club is spending!! If the clubs got it and survive year in year out then the aim is to win '' PREMIERSHIPS'' isnt it???????????????:D:D:footy::rolleyes:

EXACTLY:thumbsu::thumbsu: Whether we like it or not or what everyones opinion is about other clubs spending coin, we can all sit thier bickering about player payments while your own backyard is getting cleaned out! We've know how bad match payments have been getting over the last 10 - 15yrs so we might as well get on with the job & work out how our respective clubs can win their next premiership!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

$0.00 The offer was to come and play at the club and try a higher league.

If Mat is going to leave Berrigan to play at a higher level then he should be trying the O&M. He will handle murray league quite well. Go another level and test himself at the highest country level.

Well Ive also heard the same about your club!!!!! I will give you the enitials.. Shepp East :eek::eek::eek::eek: I can tell you now that Cobram did not discuss a price with Dawesy at all, but I no that Normo was telling guys that cobram offered him over a grand. And again I will tell you that it was no where near that amount................. Happy to discuss over a beer though if you like:):):)

Not sure what you meant there?

your probably right though. what a player tells his mates and what they're offered are usually a little bit over exagerated at times. As well as the chinese whispers that happen

Well I am suggesting that Special Projects knows F*&k all. As Cobram have not even spoken to McMillan. So I reckon he should stop spinning s**t on here and actually put on stuff that actually is correct.

not the place to say King Ding.

If clubs spent more time looking after its players and are able to create a good culture with a good coach, instead of sooking about other clubs offering more money. They will find the players will be happy to stay at their club for less money.

If clubs spent more time looking after its players and are able to create a good culture with a good coach, instead of sooking about other clubs offering more money. They will find the players will be happy to stay at their club for less money.

SPOT ON, Finally someone making some sense.

good hear
Morgz or GG24
any standouts???

How's the big injured boys Jamie Ack and Brad Karourz, they training yet??

heard they both attempted a footy carnival last month...
when i last saw Jamie he was a buit unfit:D

SPOT ON, Finally someone making some sense.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:
"DITTO"

2 x WILSON boys gonna have ANOTHER run, ( Shaun x3yrs, Beau x2yrs) for all you knockers of the 'ARMORED CAR, BUS BOYS'.
Mabey a bit of "just wanna play footy for a decent club with my mates" going on here dont ya think ????? ;) :rolleyes:

good hear
Morgz or GG24
any standouts???

How's the big injured boys Jamie Ack and Brad Karourz, they training yet??

heard they both attempted a footy carnival last month...
when i last saw Jamie he was a buit unfit:D

Standout so far would have to be young Reggie Smith who had a good Carnival and is following that form up by winning both the Time trial and the Beep Test. Djars has been nothing short of fantastic. Others Ash Miller, Jason Atkinson, Nathan Terlich really all our younger guys are well advanced on this time last year. In fact I reakon all the guys Jono and Trav included are much better placed to have a good season.

Brad should be right to go in round 5 or 6, Jamie kicked 8 goals in the Grand Final at the carnival and picked up the over all Leading Goal Kicking Trophy. Has started the pre season well enough and looks as fit as I've seen him for a while.

Don't get your knickers in a knot king dingaling! Only reporting the rumour which is coming from a few usually reliable sources out of both the Cobram/Barooga and Yarra/Mul areas - blokes who are in those clubs. And I didn't quote the alleged $ amount because it wasn't appropriate for me to do that. I thought this was a forum to discuss footy and that includes rumours. This will be a pretty boring and limited forum in the off season if you can't put out there what you're hearing! Any chance that the player in question or his mates might be playing clubs off against each other? - it happens a bit. I'll take your word for it down the middle that cobram haven't spoken to that player. You must have some pretty good stocks in the forward line if you aren't interested in him. Both of you have posted rumours (at best) on here over the last 12 months that any reasonable person might be critical of. People in glass houses ......

Part of the point I was trying to get across was that it is barooga who cop a whacking over how much $ they shell out when plenty of other clubs do it too. Go back over the last few years and read all the barooga haters trashing that club when their own clubs do it as well - probably just not every season but when they load up and can afford it every 3 or 4 years (for some of the clubs). And good luck to any club with the ability to raise the finances to do it (provided they still look after their local kids).

thanks Morgz

good to hear, Jamie was the fittest when i was playing at rumba..
thought you where goin to loose brad longer then that,

also good to hear about Trav and Jonno,

any more recruits coming your way

just out of curiousity what would be the top 5 country footy leagues in victoria?

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:
"DITTO"

2 x WILSON boys gonna have ANOTHER run, ( Shaun x3yrs, Beau x2yrs) for all you knockers of the 'ARMORED CAR, BUS BOYS'.
Mabey a bit of "just wanna play footy for a decent club with my mates" going on here dont ya think ????? ;) :rolleyes:

Happens at most clubs digger that they want to play with mates, think it might hightlight your insecurities at how much money cobram need to spend by highlighting this :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back