Murray Football League - Season 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting read in todays border mail for the upcoming season. They have selected :

Mulwala (premiers)
Moama
Cobram
Rumbalara
Euchca United
Finley
Tongala
Barooga
Deni
Tocumwal
Nathalia
Numurkha
Congupna

what astute judges. i reckon that prediction is 100% perfect.

come at me bigfooty :cool:

what astute judges. i reckon that prediction is 100% perfect.

come at me bigfooty :cool:

Yeah I would have to agree i think the cats will finish top 3 though and deni and barooga can never be counted out of finals action would imagine Toc with the Sighn signing will be expecting no less then finals. Time will tell all. Lets get it underway:thumbsu:

See there is alot of last minute action in the way of clearances, With toc being very active. The bloods may have flown under the radar. Finley have had a couple of late bonus gets with a CHB and commitment of an ex talented local playing in the VFL that he will play a minimum of 5 games. The big one being the late signing of a very talented CHF that should have a big impact in the murray league. The league looks like being quite even this year and strengthening on a whole.

A nice way to finish a pretty full on pre season with our first Barooga Night Series Divvy 1 win. Looking forward to Moama at home next week, in what hopefully will be another improving season. Final scores (I Think) were Rumbalara 16.1 to Barooga 12.7

Is there a market for the murray football league flag odds this year? If so where can i find it? I can find heaps of other league odds except for the murray league!

Happenned to be in Tonny late on Saturday morning and caught a little bit of two's game between Tonny and Ky. Saw big Patty Rattray lining up at full forward in the magoos - the big fella was pretty under done! Has he signed with Tonny?

Anyone see the senior game?

Happenned to be in Tonny late on Saturday morning and caught a little bit of two's game between Tonny and Ky. Saw big Patty Rattray lining up at full forward in the magoos - the big fella was pretty under done! Has he signed with Tonny?

Anyone see the senior game?

Been cleared from Nagambie to the Yarra Valley Mountain District League, so was probably just having a leisurely gallop.

Tips for this weekends round.
Rumba V Moama
Moama have lost a few but will still be top 2 this year i reckon. Rumba on the other hand finished off the year in great form last year and i'm predicting we'll continue that form. We have recruted particularly well. I'm excited to see what Atkinson, Whyman, Parson contribute to this group. Rumba by 5 goals

Barooga V Numerkah
Numurkah to not make the finals for the first time since rumba joined the league(they've had a pretty good run me thinks), But with the amount of experience lost, Barooga by 7 goals or more.

Echuca Uniter V Mulwala
Very quiet on the United front, could very well roll Mul, but based on last year i'm gonna back Mul by 3 goals.

Finley V Tongala
This will be a cracker of a match me thinks. Tonny have picked up some great local (well, near enough) talent, while the Cats have secured a number of quality out of town recruits.. . . . . . Finley by 6 points.

Congupna V Cobram
Cobram will improve on last years efforts (which were already pretty good) and Congupna have lost alot over the break, including their head coach. I hope The Road put up a good fight, but i'm back Cobram, by 10+ goals.

Tocumwal V Deniliquin
Regardless of the result, the story will be about Balraj. It's been fairly quiet on the Rams front from what i remember, but the lads up there can never be underestimated. And while Toc have picked up a few recruits they are coming from a long way back. Deni by 3 goals

Nathalia has the Bye but i'm interested to know if anyone from the purps will be watching any of the competition this weekend??

Rumba V Moama : Rumba 16 points
Finley V Tongala : Finley 24 points
Barooga V Numurkha : Numurkha by 3 points
United V Mulwala : Mulwala by 30 points
Congupna v Cobram: Cobram by 100 + points
Tocumwal V Deni: Deni by 40 points.

What 5 new recruits or returning to the league will have the biggest impact in the MFL this year:

here is a go at it.

1. Atkinson (rumba)
2. Morrison (finley)
3. Beattie (euchca united)
4. Seccull (finley)
5. Wilson (moama)

very tough when you think about Logie (toc) Snelson (nathalia) Whyman (rumba) ect. ect.

1. Atkinson (rumba)
2. Morrison (finley)
3. Beattie (euchca united)
4. Snelson (Nathalia)
5. Whyman (Rumba)

Same top 3 as you, but add Snelson and Whyman. Snelson won the league medal in the KDL last year and saw first hand what he is capable of.

I think Whyman will also have the ability to turn a game on its head when he is on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rumba V Moama
Moama have lost a few but will still be top 2 this year i reckon. Rumba on the other hand finished off the year in great form last year and i'm predicting we'll continue that form. We have recruted particularly well. I'm excited to see what Atkinson, Whyman, Parson contribute to this group. Rumba by 5 goals

Barooga V Numerkah
Numurkah to not make the finals for the first time since rumba joined the league(they've had a pretty good run me thinks), But with the amount of experience lost, Barooga by 7 goals or more.

Echuca Uniter V Mulwala
Very quiet on the United front, could very well roll Mul, but based on last year i'm gonna back Mul by 3 goals.

Finley V Tongala
This will be a cracker of a match me thinks. Tonny have picked up some great local (well, near enough) talent, while the Cats have secured a number of quality out of town recruits.. . . . . . Finley by 6 points.

Congupna V Cobram
Cobram will improve on last years efforts (which were already pretty good) and Congupna have lost alot over the break, including their head coach. I hope The Road put up a good fight, but i'm back Cobram, by 10+ goals.

Tocumwal V Deniliquin
Regardless of the result, the story will be about Balraj. It's been fairly quiet on the Rams front from what i remember, but the lads up there can never be underestimated. And while Toc have picked up a few recruits they are coming from a long way back. Deni by 3 goals

Nathalia has the Bye but i'm interested to know if anyone from the purps will be watching any of the competition this weekend??

Hey GG I very much doubt anyone will be watching other games. We are having a family day to launch the season and get the young kids(auskick) to mingle with the senior players, we are also having a training run with a little scratch match as well so doubt we'll get time to go and watch.

Good luck to all playing this week, very jealous.

Rumba V Moama

Barooga V Numerkah

Echuca Uniter V Mulwala

Finley V Tongala

Congupna V Cobram

Tocumwal V Deniliquin

Great report and tipping gg, appears every game bar Tonny/Finley you were spot on the money. Only first game of the year, wiil probably have to wait four or five games to get a better gauge on different teams, but on yesterday's game think BK may have to reassess Finley's chances. Obviously Tonny a lot stronger than given credit for. Will make for a great year.

Great report and tipping gg, appears every game bar Tonny/Finley you were spot on the money. Only first game of the year, wiil probably have to wait four or five games to get a better gauge on different teams, but on yesterday's game think BK may have to reassess Finley's chances. Obviously Tonny a lot stronger than given credit for. Will make for a great year.

Cheers,
I was actually told Tonny are a genuine threat for the flag this year, but still thought Finley might just have it over them. I'd apreiciate some feed back from anyone that was at the game, i'm assuming the Cats had some missing, or Tonny really are that good?? Actually any feed back from any of the MFL games from the weekend would be worth it.

Our season appears to have gotten off to a good start, although we'll miss a one of our better players for atleast the rest of the season as the result of a sickening accident that left him with a badly broken ankle. Our match was nearly called off due to the rules but both captains we're happy to continue.
The game started off evenly enough and it seemed both teams were just trying to feel each other out by the end of the first quarter with Moama kicking with the wind in the lead. 2 Minutes into the 2nd and the accident took place which put a 30 minute hold on play. When play resumed it was still an arm wrestle with Rumba just coming out on top at the end of the quarter thanks to likes of big Benny Cox, Djars, Joshy Wang and Braidon Williams.
Fromo the first bounce after the break rumba began to enforce their authority on the game. Kicking into the wind, we began to pull away, controlling the majority of the play and scoreboard. But Moama didn't stop pushing.
The last quarter was like the 3rd but with the wind.
I felt the umpiring was fair all day, in what was a high scoring, physical battle. I'd be interested in what any Moama supporters thought of the game and umpiring too??

Still, it was only 1 game and i hope we don't get ahead of our selves. I know i certainly wont be...

Spot on murray banks, Finley played terribly and will not put in a performance like that again, but tongala were far better on the day. Its only round 1 and I will prob have to reasses the cats chances but will do so after a few games and when they get atleast 4 of the 6 to come into that side back. Great to see the rumba boys get there season off to a good start. The draw for the Cats does not get much easier either:confused:

Wearing navy blue jumpers for home games and wearing light blue jumpers for away games and against numurkah!

Is there still arrangements made for Tocumwal-Congupna games? I think I remember Congupna borrowing jumpers for games against Toc a while back.

Cheers,
I was actually told Tonny are a genuine threat for the flag this year, but still thought Finley might just have it over them. I'd apreiciate some feed back from anyone that was at the game, i'm assuming the Cats had some missing, or Tonny really are that good?? Actually any feed back from any of the MFL games from the weekend would be worth it.

Finley were only missing a few players, so it wouldnt have made much difference to be honest. Finley played pretty badly, particularly during the third quarter.The only defence for Finley is that it was the first time some of the new recruits had played with the team, so they might take a few weeks to gel as a team.

Great to see ex-Finley player Andrew Reid play a very good game for Tonny.

Tonny look to be serious challengers though, Do not underestimate them!

Finley were only missing a few players, so it wouldnt have made much difference to be honest. Finley played pretty badly, particularly during the third quarter.The only defence for Finley is that it was the first time some of the new recruits had played with the team, so they might take a few weeks to gel as a team.

Great to see ex-Finley player Andrew Reid play a very good game for Tonny.

Tonny look to be serious challengers though, Do not underestimate them!

Agreed Hawk, Think Tongala will be a genuine chance, Scarcella dominated and hurt the cats & yes Riedy played a ripper game which was good too see after some injury interupted seasons, Although the inclusions for the cats would not of won them the game on Sat as they were completely outplayed I think Richardson, Sibraa, W Robertson, Taylor, Tweltree, Jewell, Kable, Harkins would certainly strenghten the side. Time will tell.

Agreed Hawk, Think Tongala will be a genuine chance, Scarcella dominated and hurt the cats & yes Riedy played a ripper game which was good too see after some injury interupted seasons, Although the inclusions for the cats would not of won them the game on Sat as they were completely outplayed I think Richardson, Sibraa, W Robertson, Taylor, Tweltree, Jewell, Kable, Harkins would certainly strenghten the side. Time will tell.

Exactly right Kev, thats pretty much what i was trying to say. they would have strengthened the side, but wouldnt have made much difference to the end result last week. Fingers crossed that the cats bounce back this week and a few of those inclusions can have a big impact.

Is there a market for the murray football league flag odds this year? If so where can i find it? I can find heaps of other league odds except for the murray league!

Murray League odds now on Sportsbet, Moama, Cobram, Mulwala and Rumba all equal favs at $5!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back