Society/Culture Muslims aren't the victims

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was an attack on an Islamic site in WA just last week, someone put a pigs head out the front.

Apparently it's far more frequent for people of that faith to be targeted for the actions of other people by white isolationist radicals.

All faiths get targeted in Australia, not just Muslims.

'us and them' says it all.

What really sickens me, as a secondary thing behind innocent people losing their lives, is the fact that some seem to be lingering in the shadows, almost seemingly waiting for such a tragedy to occur so as to give them the excuse they need to climb up upon that soap box and launch another round of missives.

All faiths get targeted in Australia, not just Muslims.
Nothing worse than anything different.

My grandma is a classic for it: "Those [racial group] are all [abuse]. Oh but those [next door from same racial group] are lovely, I'm not talking about those, the ones I don't know are all [abuse]."

I don't have anything against the Muslim community as a whole.

It's this sense that we need to appease them and constantly have a hand out to them that I don't like.

We are the ones that got hit last night, not them.

I wonder what the hashtag would be if you exchanged Lindt cafe for lakemba mosque?

#Lions of Lebanon rise up perhaps?

If you do not have a problem with them, then why are you now targetting them.

Do you know the people that suffered through this crime? Because if you are not involved, then there is no we. There are the actual victims, and the the rest of us are witnesses.

You obviously want exclude a portion of the Australian population from your calculations on who we are.

For the majority of decent Australians, we count Muslims as part of us, and not them.

Consequently we Australians of all faiths, or none are in this together.

What about the poor buggers who have just lived a 16 hour nightmare?
Massive pile of flowers in Martin Place and myriad of social posts of condolences and commiserations.

Go away.

http://m.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-30479306

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2014-12-15/illridewithyou-hashtag-takes-off-following-siege/5969102

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rs-social-media-support-Muslim-community.html

Admirable and noble sentiments - no question about that.

But what about the dead victims and there families?

What about the poor buggers who have just lived a 16 hour nightmare?

Where is the hashtag for them?

Sadly it appears that there is no shortage of people out there whose first instinct to this tragedy is not to express concern for the dead or there families or concern for the potential of follow up attacks now one bloke has taken the leap, but rather to express support and 'solidarity' for the group from whom this outrage has emenated.

Not only that, there also appears a wilful desire amongst some to bury there heads in the sand that this could be anything but a 'lone kook'....#Hoddle St etc etc.

This obscenity was clearly the handiwork of a disturbed individual inspired by the medieval theology of ISIS and fundamentalist Islam, and it would be folly in the extreme to drop our guard in some attempt to be politically correct and prove our multicultural credentials - by god we prove that every single day I would of thought.

I realise there may be an element of being proactive and trying to get a lid on things before they blow up and I appreciate that, but bottom line the "Muslim community" isn't the victim this morning - it is not about them.

As I said, if there is support to be had, let it first be focused toward the families of the dead and the traumatised.

Anything else is an insult at this point.

Tell that to families of 100 odd murdered kids in Pakistan today :rolleyes:

Terrorism effects us all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back