Review NAB Challenge Adelaide v Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Centre clearances need some work/Dangerfield

Pressure was great, a throw back to our successful years

CEY - hate to say I told you so...

Thought we were smarter with our pressure today. At times we were prepared to give a little ground, whilst regrouping up field. I dont know whether Port weren't switching much today, but we seemed to bottle them up when they tried it. Overall, good signs, disposal must be a continual focus, we will beat more teams than we lose to with that kind of pressure game.

Danger hurt his ankle in the first quarter and we primarily rested him up forward. We did unleash him a little in the third in the middle. He wasn't at full speed (for him).

That team pressure was great to watch live. Port were trying to switch it, we didn't allow it a lot of the time.

Phil Walsh gets me rock hard. Just listened to his press conference and he is a madman. We have hired the only guy around outside of Clarkson who can take us to where we need to go. He runs rings around Sando. You can tell how much knowledge he has in his head. He will get this team back in it. Go Crows

Phil Walsh gets me rock hard. Just listened to his press conference and he is a madman. We have hired the only guy around outside of Clarkson who can take us to where we need to go. He runs rings around Sando. You can tell how much knowledge he has in his head. He will get this team back in it. Go Crows
If Trigg though Sando could coach like crazy, what does he think of Walsh or malthouse...

Interesting his emphasis on ground ball stat. Gave a bit away there.

Love Walsh just saying straight up "our kicking efficiency isn't good enough, we need to get to 72% to beat Hawthorn, we would get beaten on turnover v turnover footy with our current kicking, it's not good enough".

No polishing turds. No "good efforts". Just straight up not good enough but let's get there.

If there is a slight break in BCrouchs foot then its a good thing we dont play for 2 weeks, if its less than that even better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't mind the look of Betts in the midfield. His skill to distribute and evade tackles in close is first rate. Really hunts the footy, which I wouldn't have expected.

Looks a completely different player since coming to us.

He's like the anti-Sando.

Made me feel like we got the right guy. Still early days though.

Love Walsh just saying straight up "our kicking efficiency isn't good enough, we need to get to 72% to beat Hawthorn, we would get beaten on turnover v turnover footy with our current kicking, it's not good enough".

No polishing turds. No "good efforts". Just straight up not good enough but let's get there.

He's a classic case of the superiority of substance over charisma. May lack the smoothness of Sando, but looks far more likely to get the runs on the board. I would rather have competence over bedside manner any day, or someone who can walk the talk over a spin doctor. To much shallow BS celebrated and worshipped today IMO. Usually gets exposed in the end!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back