Autopsy NAB Challenge - Game 2- Hawthorn v North, Deakin reserve, Shepparton 4:40pm Sunday 8th March

Remove this Banner Ad

ITs preseason - we aren't even trying to win games.
True. But we are trying to implement refined and new playing systems. When those don't result in us beating the opposition they are trialled against it can make some a bit upset - particularly if it's our best side failing to make it work.

After all the good things being said about JOR training the house down it'll be interesting to see how he goes. Can't wait to see how Jed performs with the older heads out there alongside him.

Last edited:

IN: Roughead, Lewis, Suckling, Gibson, Burgoyne, Hill, O’Rourke, Hodge, Smith, Lake, Hale, Rioli
OUT: Langford, Simpkin, Brand, Willsmore, Miles, Pittonet, Hardisty, Miller-Lewis

In fairness to Grimley he has performed better at AFL level than TOB. Don't get me wrong, I do like TOB better but wouldn't mind seeing how Grim goes in a better team with better structure than last week. There has got to be a reason why we retained him.

In fairness to Grimley he has performed better at AFL level than TOB. Don't get me wrong, I do like TOB better but wouldn't mind seeing how Grim goes in a better team with better structure than last week. There has got to be a reason why we retained him.
There is and it has nothing to do with ability. We signed him for 2 years thinking he would come good and we made a mistake. We hoped someone would take him and his contract off our hands and no one did so we were stuck with him. Harsh but true.

Contractual obligation. We kept him because no other club had any interest in him whatsoever. With good reason. He will never be an AFL quality player.

Is the game televised?

I'd disagree, TOB hasn't set the world on fire but has shown why we selected him. Grimley has had considerable more development and should be at the stage, in his career, where he is pushing for selection. He was taken in the same draft year as Jack Gunston, Ben Stratton and Taylor Duryea. I'm not sure that Grimley is showing any quality.

I'd disagree, TOB hasn't set the world on fire but has shown why we selected him. Grimley has had considerable more development and should be at the stage, in his career, where he is pushing for selection. He was taken in the same draft year as Jack Gunston, Ben Stratton and Taylor Duryea. I'm not sure that Grimley is showing any quality.
And I'd prefer all 3 of those in the ruck ahead of Grimmers...

In fairness to Grimley he has performed better at AFL level than TOB.
Perhaps from a stats perspective, but TOB has shown he has much more to work with.

Its telling that Stones didn't get a senior game in 2014 despite the nunber of games missed by senior players

Last edited:
With Brand getting injured early I'd imagine we'll pick subs this week.

Grimley will probably be one of them if we want to take off Hale/McEvoy/Ceglar/Roughead in the second half. Howe is likely to be the other since we've brought in Hodge, Burgoyne and Suckling. We've still got to omit three from the squad so maybe neither of them will make the final cut.

Looking forward to seeing O'Rourke but my expectations aren't high at this stage given it's his first game.

Not fussed about the result, just hope we get through unscathed. Expecting a better performance than last week though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty much the full premiership team excluding Langford. Anyone got any thoughts on this? From all reports he was far from our worst last week.

Pretty much the full premiership team excluding Langford. Anyone got any thoughts on this? From all reports he was far from our worst last week.
Think he's been dealing with a back complaint.

I think he showed enough form that they thought to give him a rest.

Don't expect Mitch to play or a handful of the other big names.

No injuries please and some of you young punks please put your hands up !!!!

Agreed. But he looked the same when he came back from the first one. They want him to jump through more hoops this time.
Fair enough too. Only seen glimpses of WhiteX but he looks cherry ripe, rock solid across the chest. Have never been a huge fan but I reckon the break will see him come back better. He looks far more assured and considered with the footy. Can see him spending this season as a full time defender.

Does anyone anticipate issues getting into the ground?
I would if I was you.

It's not blessed with parking nearby, and the ground surrounds are pretty minimal for spectators.

The best bet is to get there as early as possible, as I can see the attendance being at capacity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back