Autopsy Nab Challenge: Match 1 - Hawthorn vs Collingwood (Feb 26 Aurora Stadium) - autopsy from page 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be nice to see us lose this. Just to get the Collingwood flogs strutting about again before we annihilate them in the season proper. Build them up just to see them fall further.

Would be nice to see us lose this. Just to get the Collingwood flogs strutting about again before we annihilate them in the season proper. Build them up just to see them fall further.
No it would not.

It would be nice to see our second 22 narrowly win so the bagpies think they arte in with a shot against us in the season proper.

No it would not.

It would be nice to see our second 22 narrowly win so the bagpies think they arte in with a shot against us in the season proper.
It would be nice to see our second 22 thump the s**t out of them and absolutely demoralize them in the season proper.

It would be nice to see our second 22 thump the s**t out of them and absolutely demoralize them in the season proper.
Yes clearly that would be favourite, but if we HAVE to get the ragpies hopes up, then I'd rather they were raised with a near win rather than a win.

Would love to see us rest Hodge, Mitch, Hale, Burgoyne, Lake, Rioli, Breust, Hill, Stratton, Smith, Birchall...

FF: Ceglar - Roughie - Puopolo
HF: Anderson - Schoey - Sicily
Ce: Hartung - Woodward - O'Rourke
HB: Howe - Heatherly - Litherland
FB: Duryea - Frawley - Brand

Ru: McEvoy
RR: Lewis
Ro: Langford

I/C: Simpkin, Grimley, Hardisty, Wilsmore, Pittonet...

Last edited:
Would love to see us rest Hodge, Mitch, Hale, Burgoyne, Lake, Rioli, Breust, Hill, Stratton, Smith, Birchall...

FF: Ceglar - Roughie - Puopolo
HF: Anderson - Schoey - Scicily
Ce: Hartung - Woodward - O'Rourke
HB: Suckling - Heatherly - Litherland
FB: Duryea - Frawley - Brand

Ru: McEvoy
RR: Lewis
Ro: Langford

I/C: Anderson, Grimley, Webster, Hardisty, Wilsmore, Pittonet...
Isn't Webby suspended? And Ando is good but probably can't hold down 2 possies....Also Suckers is well behind after his op and won't be ready for this.

Isn't Webby suspended? And Ando is good but probably can't hold down 2 possies....Also Suckers is well behind after his op and won't be ready for this.

I haven't heard anything from the club in regards to Webster being suspended by the club. He's available for selection.

Genius move by the AFL to play this on a Thursday night during the working week to stop people from anywhere not close to Launceston from going. Seriously. Who makes these decisions? Tony Abbott?!

Stop complaining boys, footy is back!! My GF DVD is starting to get worn out, so it'll be nice to have some footy to watch, whether it's from Launceston or the bloody moon for all i care!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hadn't picked this up from the Training Threads - is this actual - have you seen this from training etc?

*Not a response to your post*
As much as I like the opportunity to rest older players, I like the thought of Birchall playing as Captain. Someone nominated this in another post about a week back & I think that's the next area for Birch to develop his game - as a nominated leader.

I hadn't picked this up from the Training Threads - is this actual - have you seen this from training etc?

*Not a response to your post*
As much as I like the opportunity to rest older players, I like the thought of Birchall playing as Captain. Someone nominated this in another post about a week back & I think that's the next area for Birch to develop his game - as a nominated leader.
Suckling had minor surgery to remove a small piece of his knee cap that had fractured off and was giving him discomfort. He's been doing a lot of running at training over the past few weeks but has participated in other drills with the rest of the team. Plenty of time before NAB game and round 1 so I wouldn't be striking his name off the team sheet just yet. They may decide to give him an extra week or two if he's only 99% given the amount of available depth players.

Suckling had minor surgery to remove a small piece of his knee cap that had fractured off and was giving him discomfort. He's been doing a lot of running at training over the past few weeks but has participated in other drills with the rest of the team. Plenty of time before NAB game and round 1 so I wouldn't be striking his name off the team sheet just yet. They may decide to give him an extra week or two if he's only 99% given the amount of available depth players.
I hope he had the operation before Xmas

The Launceston cup is a glorified bogan piss up on the Wednesday and its a half day holiday for businesses also, the Thursday day and night will be quiet in the city because of this. The Pies playing in Tassie would have been the AFL's theory behind possibly getting a good turnout.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back