• Andrew Brayshaw

Votes: 83 35.6%
  • Alex Pearce

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Other

Votes: 7 3.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Plenty of very good options for captain is a big tick for for the club. Hayden Young should definitely be in the leadership group.

It'd be a pretty strange move for Alex Pearce to captain us basically all last season, us improve so much, then choose a different skipper tbh.

I’m pleased about this. I think it’s clear for all that Fyfe is past his best and I get the impression he’s in a different clique to the young Brayshaw/Darcy/Serong/Young brigade. So I’m glad he’s had the foresight to hand over at a time that suits him. With any luck he will get back to some strong form being free of the Captaincy obligations and hopefully Brayshaw just steps up and says he’ll take it. He’s ready IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It'd be a pretty strange move for Alex Pearce to captain us basically all last season, us improve so much, then choose a different skipper tbh.

This. There's no reason to rush Andy or Caleb into the top job (no reflection on them - they're still incredibly important leaders and standard-setters regardless) and co-captaincy sucks arse as an objective concept.

I reckon he has 1-2 years left. He won’t goto another club. He’ll just retire.
I think a lot depends on this year. If he gets through most of the year with playing forward helping the body a bit, I can see him signing for another 2. I think it would take a total write-off of a year for him not to sign after this year

It's a no brainer for me. Pearce is the natural captain, and two years sounds good. Let Fyfe, Brayshaw and Serong all play their best footy without the responsibility of leadership. It should be a consensus decision from the coaches and playing group.

I will be happy any way they go personally. I think it’s really between AP and Andy, as much as Serong would do an awesome job long term.

Don’t be surprised if Fyfe has a huge year now he doesn’t have to worry about leading. Looks in ripping nick.

Poll needs an Andy Brayshaw/Caleb Serong Co Captain option.

Luke Jackson for captain, just for the coin toss loLs.

Ump: 'Heads or tails?'
LJ : 'Yeah nah yeah.'

Back