News New Jumpers for 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be interested in a St Kilda one if they are around the same price as the current ones, are long sleeved and have the actual shield and not this:

StKilda-logo-1980.gif

Otherwise I'll just stick to my old Phillip Morris one, although it's pretty much ready to go to god now.

Well I gave in very quickly and bought an ANZAC day Guernsey. Interestingly the sponsor on the back is in a black box with the sash going over the top right corner of it and it's very low.
ANZACJumper.jpg

I checked the home and clash jumpers in the store and they also had a low back sponsor, likely so they can fit names above the numbers.

The red/black part of the collar is strange, I assumed it was a folded over piece of fabric but it's flat with red on one side and black with red on top on the other side.

Makes me feel sick.
safe_image.php

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re Essendon's ANZAC jumper, club on Twitter:

"Essendon, the AFL and Adidas will be donating % of profit to RSL. All profits from signed matchworn guernseys will be donated to the RSL."

Yeah. The club and the AFL are profiting from these jumpers. Ugh.

They're the names of all Essendon players who have served in the armed forces.
I mean on the back of the jumper above the numbers, thus the low sponsor.

Clubs like to offer to add a number and name on the back of the jumper e.g: Watson 4. The lower sponsor helps it fit without making the numbers smaller.
I get that, but they don't normally have it set up for that on retails, you usually go and get one like that.

What I'm asking is will the players have their names on the back of the jumpers in this game, or is it just a random design thing they have done?

EDIT: Actually, it looks like it was done deliberately now I look closer not to completely cut off the stripe on the back.

What I'm asking is will the players have their names on the back of the jumpers in this game, or is it just a random design thing they have done?

It would be very unlikely. I was trying to say that it's a thing for all Essendon retail guernseys to have a low sponsor this year. It's possibly the same for Hawthorn too, also being with Adidas.

Re Essendon's ANZAC jumper, club on Twitter:

"Essendon, the AFL and Adidas will be donating % of profit to RSL. All profits from signed matchworn guernseys will be donated to the RSL."

Yeah. The club and the AFL are profiting from these jumpers. Ugh.

100% of the profits to ANZAC or it shouldn't be allowed.

But in saying that, Essendon seem to be moving away from 1 jumper more and more, wonder when they no longer need revenue raising if the one off jumpers will disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back