News New Jumpers for 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
BLK's graphic designers
vlcsnap-00009.jpg

Don't know if it has been posted but it seams to be a new AFL premiership logo??

View attachment 226542
I'd say "amended". It's just a little thinner really. I got a little excited because I feel it's time for a new one alltogether haha.
Would also wait and see what they use on the field (which probably won't be until round 2).

I literally pray every night hoping that Brisbane will play the 2016 season wearing the Hyundai Guernsey's. I know the chances are slim, but pearce hanley wore it to the AFL season launch today and we have been wearing it for all of our NAB cup matches. Here's hoping!
New sponsorship with Camperdown Dairy, so bye bye Hyundai.

Don't know if it has been posted but it seams to be a new AFL premiership logo??

View attachment 226542
Gotta say, it does look a lot nicer not having the box stretched out so much, but I do wish they'd revamp all the AFL related graphics.

View attachment 226542
We badly need a new AFL logo. The current one is shite and has been in use for too long. First one was from 1990-2000 and this one has been going for much more than that now

We badly need a new AFL logo. The current one is shite and has been in use for too long. First one was from 1990-2000 and this one has been going for much more than that now
I don't mind the logo, but that said I'm yet to see a better one pop up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How long was the VFL one going before that? The 1990-2000 one really was just an AFL-ised version of the VFL logo anyway, moving to the current one was a total step away from looking like just another run-of-the-mill state league with the VFL and SANFL. They've got a brand that's strong and known in Australia now, I don't really see the need to change.

How long was the VFL one going before that? The 1990-2000 one really was just an AFL-ised version of the VFL logo anyway, moving to the current one was a total step away from looking like just another run-of-the-mill state league with the VFL and SANFL. They've got a brand that's strong and known in Australia now, I don't really see the need to change.
If the biggest league in the world can get rid of probably the best league logo there is for something 'fresh' then anything can happen. As you can tell I'm not a big fan of the premier leagues new look.

If the biggest league in the world can get rid of probably the best league logo there is for something 'fresh' then anything can happen. As you can tell I'm not a big fan of the premier leagues new look.
The Premier League logo was dated, it's one of those logo's you can't see it's dated until you change it and look back.
Similar to the Tiger's old logo, classic but very out of touch now we have a new one to compare it to (not the new one is perfect).

The Premier League logo now it's pretty s**t but a change was needed, or you become stale.

The Premier League logo was dated, it's one of those logo's you can't see it's dated until you change it and look back.

The Premier League logo now it's pretty s**t but a change was needed, or you become stale.
This is wrong

This is wrong

Yeah, There was absolutely nothing wrong with the old logo, T'was timeless.

Although in saying that, I also have a huge love for this old Liverpool logo, and prefer it to our current.

upload_2016-3-20_16-18-48.png

So what do I know. Progress people, It happens.

The AFL oval logo is really recognisable, and it's important in where it stands from the big expansion into Queensland and Sydney. What needs to change is the presentation – the current box is so lame. Bring in a new one

Similar to the Tiger's old logo, classic but very out of touch now we have a new one to compare it to (not the new one is perfect).

You mean the one released in 2007?

I couldn't disagree more, it was one of the better and more recognisable league logos in sports, and they've traded it in for the GeneriLion5000

You mean the one released in 2007?

I couldn't disagree more, it was one of the better and more recognisable league logos in sports, and they've traded it in for the GeneriLion5000
It doesn't matter when it was released it can age quick.

And I'm not saying I like the new one, I just think the old one could have been tweaked to bring it up, the shield was looking old.

AFL won't be changing, looks good, only changed it in 2000 because they wanted AFL in the logo.

Like NFL, MLB and NBA it's a brand now and will be around for a while yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back