Other New Patriots Scandal - DeflateGate

Remove this Banner Ad

Bill Belichick - Head Coach for the Patriots was the Head Coach for the Jets before leaving after one day to become a Patriot.
Both New York and New England (Boston) have fans with big egos creating a lot of animosity.
Patriots beating the Jets for the majority of the last decade doesn't help.
A lot of the NFL big wigs are former Jets.

As such some Patriots fans believe the NFL could be out to get them.

The NFL being out to get the Patriots is the funniest line spun in this whole episode.

No team gets greater preferential treatment than the Patriots.

Even in this, why was Belichick not investigated? Why was he not suspended/fined under the "it's your job to know" clause that saw Payton suspended for entire season?

i.e. Raiders and Steelers
Hardly

*ducks for cover as Woodson throws something in my direction*

I wouldn't call some of those teams GG listed as blue-collar either.

Regardless, that's not the issue. There's plenty of politics between owners & the NFL. Kraft, JJ & others play the NFL well. Pats fans are spitting chips because they're not used to being on the receiving end.

The silver spoon in the NFL is whether Goodell's tongue is up your owner's arse.

I disagree with JeffDunne 's post.
Even tho the NFL has in the past helped the Steelers a lot, and Rooney and Commissioner are in each others pockets.....clearly the city of Pittsburgh is a blue collar town full of blue collar people.
It's more about the region.
I guess you could say the 49ers are white collar silicon valley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The NFL being out to get the Patriots is the funniest line spun in this whole episode.

No team gets greater preferential treatment than the Patriots.
And this is why Patriot fans are hostile and some fans of other teams can't take the Patriot fans seriously. Probably sums up the last 50 pages of the thread best. For more information for any new people following the NFL research the Spygate scandal of 2007 where the NFL destroyed the evidence implicating the Patriots.

If we're talking demographics well yeah, the socioeconomic conditions of the city will reflect on the team and on gameday.

But in boardrooms where the NFL makes it's money, bums in front of screens is the only number they care about. To them a team like the Steelers is hardly blue-collar. A significant proportion of their fan base is not in Pittsburgh and they definitely aren't steel-wokers.

To me blue collar teams are teams that need to win to survive. Small market teams that need to keep earning their keep in the city they represent (or they won't represent it for long).

Teams like the Texans & Titans aren't blue collar for that reason (I often wonder if they want to win). Same with the Panthers and Falclowns in the NFC South.

I wouldn't even call the Lions these days blue-collar for that reason. Sure their home town is as blue-collar as blue-collar gets but they don't need to win to survive.

The "storied franchise" bit is usually a give-away.

If we're talking demographics well yeah, the socioeconomic conditions of the city will reflect on the team and on gameday.

But in boardrooms where the NFL makes it's money, bums in front of screens is the only number they care about. To them a team like the Steelers is hardly blue-collar. A significant proportion of their fan base is not in Pittsburgh and they definitely aren't steel-wokers.

To me blue collar teams are teams that need to win to survive. Small market teams that need to keep earning their keep in the city they represent (or they won't represent it for long).

Teams like the Texans & Titans aren't blue collar for that reason (I often wonder if they want to win). Same with the Panthers and Falclowns in the NFC South.

I wouldn't even call the Lions these days blue-collar for that reason. Sure their home town is as blue-collar as blue-collar gets but they don't need to win to survive.

The "storied franchise" bit is usually a give-away.
All the teams are worth a billion dollars floor. If you look at it like you're wanting to then none of them are blue collar.
But I was more talking about demographics.
Only white collar teams in that sense are....Jets, Giants, Patriots, Cowboys, Redskins, 49ers.

All the teams are worth a billion dollars floor.
If the NFL made licenses non-transferable in terms of where a team could be located, some of those valuations would plummet.

But even then the value of a team extends beyond it's home market.

If we're just talking home town and who they represent, I don't reckon you'd get more white collar than any of the big market teams (including the Texans).

Who could afford season tickets in those cities with the cost of PSL's?

In fact, rank teams on their PSL fees and I reckon you'd have a perfect list for who is blue/white collar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back