News Limited vs Labor

Remove this Banner Ad

Meds how can you make that judgement when you watch the ABC and Sky News in Oz as regularly as I watch channel 4?

I am home usually a couple of times a year for a few weeks. I still fondly remember some of the presenters on ch 10 Sports Tonight. Pity that died.

I am home usually a couple of times a year for a few weeks. I still fondly remember some of the presenters on ch 10 Sports Tonight. Pity that died.
Are you seriously passing comment on Australian broadcasting, while living in the UK?
It would explain your intensity for the BBC.

This was de riguer by tutors in 1st year arts.

"In an excellent discussion of Cater’s book, Guy Rundle took the author to task for failing to see that what he was describing was not the machinations of an elite but the unconscious expression of a socio-economic stratum; it is an ideology, not in the sense of a utopian or emancipatory scheme, but in the Marxian or Mannheimian sense of the distortion of thought inevitable in a particular social and economic context."

Last edited:
When Murdoch backed Kevin07, were you so critical of his support? Or is it just that he swung the other way when the ALP proved incompetent that you object to?
Is that the best you got?

I think I understand why some people use News Ltd/Fox as their yard stick to judge whether ABC is biased. They are not used to reading/viewing facts as they are too used to opinion. I think that they are using a poor example to measure against.

The reason the ABC is one of the top three organisations people trust that you can see things as they happen (ABC24). The next day when it is reported in the Murdoch papers, I wonder whether we watched the same press conference.

I would be very interested for someone to give examples of bias since this government has been in office. The government has certainly been very generous is supplying enough stories. budget emergency, transparency, adult government, no new taxes, I could go on but surely you get the message.

This was de riguer by tutors in 1st year arts.

"In an excellent discussion of Cater’s book, Guy Rundle took the author to task for failing to see that what he was describing was not the machinations of an elite but the unconscious expression of a socio-economic stratum; it is an ideology, not in the sense of a utopian or emancipatory scheme, but in the Marxian or Mannheimian sense of the distortion of thought inevitable in a particular social and economic context."
You did an arts degree?

As for the extract, I'm not sure what your point is but I will say that Rundle is a pretentious blow hard (who is occasionally entertaining, at least) but Cater is a boring w***er with nothing remotely insightful or interesting to say.

Last edited:
You did an arts degree?

As for the extract, I'm not sure what your point is but I will say that Rundle is a pretentious blow hard (who is occasionally entertaining, at least) but Cater is a boring ****** with nothing remotely insightful or interesting to say.

A few arts subjects not degree. Cater's book wasn't bad. Better version of Paul Sheehan

A very low bar, Meds.

Fairfax, low bar - copilots.

I would be very interested for someone to give examples of bias since this government has been in office.

Any story re illegal immigrants. see allegations re Navy, refugees that were Sinhalese etc.

About as unbiased as Eddie commentating a Pies game.

Saw a couple of videos on You Tube, spat between Russell Brand v Sean Hannity (from Fox News) on the Israel issue. America has no chance of being informed with that type of press.
Sean Hannity= Bolt.
Murdoch press alive and well everywhere.
BTW, how much is the Telegraph in Sydney? Saw that they were offering 50% off for week-end delivery.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see The Australian isn't letting blind hatred get in the way of basic journalistic skills like checking facts:

Quoting a fake Barrie Cassidy report, heh heh. Still, I'm sure they'll take note of it tomorrow.

Amazing how easily humans are duped into believing propaganda as well.

Ah yes, there we have it. The attempted condescension towards those who choose. Best we have just the ABC and their alternate version of reality. shoved down our throat.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

So you are saying you do not think Murdoch has a world view and he never uses propaganda tactics to convince people his world view is the correct one?

Murdoch is so successful because he gives people what they want. If he just imposed his ideology on people he would be like Fairfax / Guardian and struggle. His best selling tabloids have a large % of middle / working class readers. The Sun for example has never backed a loser at a UK election under his ownership.

The ABC can afford to impose their left wing ideology on people as they get a massive free ride from taxpayers. If they had to compete they would get slaughtered.

Circa 20% of the population hold left / hard left views. They are speaking to a small minority

Murdoch speaks for the majority. That is why the progressive sorts despise choice and attempt (pathetically all too often given their education background of Arts degrees) to belittle your average Australian.

To put it simply Murdoch pays taxes and gives choice, no one is forced to pay for Bolt. The ABC just fleeces taxpayers.

If you think the ABC is so wonderful, let them compete in the real world.

So you are saying you do not think Murdoch has a world view and he never uses propaganda tactics to convince people his world view is the correct one?

Of course he does (as does the ABC & Fairfax). You don't have to take it at face value though. That's the trouble with this country , we have had it so easy for so long , peoples bullshit detectors are not working.

Of course he does (as does the ABC & Fairfax). You don't have to take it at face value though. That's the trouble with this country , we have had it so easy for so long , peoples bullshit detectors are not working.

I am not sure about Fairfax but the ABC does not have an agenda. It is part of the rules of the network they have to remain unbiased.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back