Lockjaw

Rookie
Apr 18, 2010
Past the point of no return
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Yankees
Today I heard someone on TV refer to North as overachievers for season 2014.. And I'm not happy about it. We proved time and time again this year that we can beat any side with our best football and that our worst is bitterly disappointing.

Pre season, most experts had us in the top 8, possibly pushing for a spot in the top 4. How do we judge e season as a 'pass' or 'fail' I don't know... But I certainly don't think we are overachievers by any stretch.

Not impressed.

We beat both teams in next weeks GF as well as the next 7 best teams. We finished where we deserved. Anyone saying anything else is clueless.

Today I heard someone on TV refer to North as overachievers for season 2014.. And I'm not happy about it. We proved time and time again this year that we can beat any side with our best football and that our worst is bitterly disappointing.

Pre season, most experts had us in the top 8, possibly pushing for a spot in the top 4. How do we judge e season as a 'pass' or 'fail' I don't know... But I certainly don't think we are overachievers by any stretch.

Not impressed.

This is what you need to give 'em :thumbsu:

%253D%253Futf-8%253FB%253FaGFyaXMgaGFtZGFuIChBTVQpwrLCusK5wrkuanBn%253F%253D-713723.jpeg

that makes no sense at all, we deserved to finish 6th after the H&A and 3rd after the finals, what the f*ck are you on?
How does it not make sense? We achieved the required W/L during the season, and then got two more wins in the finals.

There is no such thing as overachieving.

This

What we can't do is get ahead of ourselves we were only 2 goals away fom losing an elimination final, minutes away from losing a semi and fell well short in the prelim.

We have set the foundations but we have a hell of a lot of building to do.

Who cares? It's just a hunch, but I don't think our preseason, recruiting, or season 2015 will be dramatically affected by the bombshell that is an individual underrating our year.

Could be wrong, though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still not mentally tough enough IMO.
I think we played better footy in 2013 at times.

There still seems to be something missing with this group.. Can't put my finger on it . We just don't look slick enough at times.

Have to be happy with the year considering we finished 6th

I tend to agree.

We dont have enough campaigner in the team for mine. Spitta gets slammed by Murdoch(?) or sum other Cat w***er and no retaliation. Luke gets thrown into the media box people/chairs in the prelim, no retaliation. It happened all season long. Turner has opened my eyes to just how soft this team can be. He has natural campaigner in him and will not take a backward step. He would front up to Mumford for a crack if he felt the need or a team mate was scruffed in front of him.

They also dont have the mental fortitude to put their collective foot on the throat of a team. Its always get a lead, give it up or come from behind. When we will see a whole team performance that goes in for the kill on a good side and actually nails them to the wall? When we do that, it will signify a pretty big change for mine.

that makes no sense at all, we deserved to finish 6th after the H&A and 3rd after the finals, what the f*ck are you on?

How does it not make sense? We achieved the required W/L during the season, and then got two more wins in the finals.

what does the Brisbane result have to do with where we finished in the finals?

I flicked the car radio over from SEN to 3AW at midday, hoping to hear something worth listening to on our game re us as I hadn't heard or read a thing due to being in Sydney overnight. When they turned their discussion to us the first line came from Mike Sheehan, and it went "North don't have a single A Grader. The AA squad and final team vindicated my opinion too." A couple of names were thrown at him as possible A Graders. "Nup" was his answer to each. I heard him post our two recent finals wins and he was verbally fornicating over us each time.

I switched the radio off.

It reminded me why I should avoid popular mainstream talkback radio sports shows on channels like that.

F*** off Mike!

Turner has opened my eyes to just how soft this team can be. He has natural campaigner in him and will not take a backward step. He would front up to Mumford for a crack if he felt the need or a team mate was scruffed in front of him.

Agreed.

The countdown to @KayneTurner11 begins

I flicked the car radio over from SEN to 3AW at midday, hoping to hear something worth listening to on our game re us as I hadn't heard or read a thing due to being in Sydney overnight. When they turned their discussion to us the first line came from Mike Sheehan, and it went "North don't have a single A Grader. The AA squad and final team vindicated my opinion too." A couple of names were thrown at him as possible A Graders. "Nup" was his answer to each. I heard him post our two recent finals wins and he was verbally fornicating over us each time.

I switched the radio off.

It reminded me why I should avoid popular mainstream talkback radio sports shows on channels like that.

F*** off Mike!
He is a deadset * wit that campaigner...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back