No Fyfe, No Barlow, No Walters, No Mayne No Worries

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't say our depth is fantastic (as evidenced by last week), but it was a great performance regardless.

Undoubtedly all we'll hear about is how crippled Essendon were.

I don't think it was about our depth players as such - they worked their buts off and did the job, obviously important.

But it's because our remaining A graders where dominant, that's what you need when you lose your big guns. You need the remaining A graders to step up and allow the 'role players' to do what they can. Pav, Sandi, Elvis, Hill, MJ, Pearce playing to the form he showed at Port - that's why we won that game.

I wouldn't say our depth is fantastic (as evidenced by last week), but it was a great performance regardless.

Undoubtedly all we'll hear about is how crippled Essendon were.

Yep. Mark Thompson back to his excuse-making best. Half of the press conference was about the heat. The other half about their injuries. Just like the good old days when he was coach of Geelong.

Yep. Mark Thompson back to his excuse-making best. Half of the press conference was about the heat. The other half about their injuries. Just like the good old days when he was coach of Geelong.

It was pathetic wasn't it.......onto other news Buddy probably gonna be rubbed out for next week!

Did anyone see that Sandi hit? Much in it??

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

AFL website reads 'Dockers blow away depleted Dons'... so it begins.

Think we've got around 5-6 guys on the field who aren't traditionally starting 22?

You know the drill... our depth is neither as bad as it seemed last week nor as good as it seems this week.

That was a very powerful performance though, despite last week's shocker there's no doubt we're still one of the genuine heavy-hitters this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mundy subbed at half time, cue 7 goal blitz. I'm still recovering from that, genuinely expected we'd get thumped today and feel pretty ashamed of myself.

What we failed to do last week occurred this week though, the middle tier were brilliant today (Mzungu/Pearce/Neale and even Suban was great in the second half). I think it just shows you how scary Hawthorn are right now too. Our veterans were brilliant too of course.

Did a double take after browsing the AFL site just then, "Dockers defeat depleted Essendon". :confused: Basically we only won today due to the favourable hot conditions and Essendon sending their reserves over...

Depleted! Say what? They chose to rest Chappy, Fletcher and I'll bet you Ryder plays next week. We lost Luke in the first last year and they lost Goddard. Cry me a bloody river!

Fyfe, Mundy and Mayne could be alright for Sydney game.. But what a great performance. Stuck to the defensive game plan, low scoring boring slog in the first half but after that.. Whoa. Neale is handy inside and D Pearce just continues to prove (myself especially) how valuable he is alongside Hill.

This is easy to say after we won, but..

Im pleased Taberner, Crozier, Clancee Pearce and Simpson got a game. They will be even more prepared when we fall into an injury/suspension hole. Better they play now then get called up round 19. Although Mcpharlin is simply irreplaceable, we cant lose him haha.

Take a look at our stats and see how evenly balanced our team is!

Our 13 highest ball-winners had a collective disposal average of 22.3... that's freaking crazy!

Plus 12 individual goal scorers. There were certainly a few individual stars but we're beginning to hold together like a team again.

Croz was probably one of the only quitter ones but his colossal aerial ability makes up for it.

Many of our guys really saved themselves today. Suban was certainly on his last-chance and fired today. Taberner looked extremely impressive with 2 goals, and nearly got hold of it a number of other times as well.

Neale playing that inside-out crumbing forward again, and Simpson looking like he really belonged in the team.

Croz was probably one of the only quitter ones but his colossal aerial ability makes up for it.

He could have taken mark of the year four times today. If he can start holding some of them we're going to have a pretty damaging player on our hands.

He could have taken mark of the year four times today. If he can start holding some of them we're going to have a pretty damaging player on our hands.

He seems really flashy, so much class, he just needs to get some substance to his game, a few more disposals, a better ability to read the game.

Neale's ball winning ability + Croz' athletic talent = superstar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back