Oppo Camp Non Eagles Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question regarding the Sydney 'trade ban'...

Does anyone know are they blocked from trading anyone who'll earn over average salary, full stop, end of story or are they not allowed to trade anyone over average salary but if the choose too they will simply lose COLA immediately.

From my understanding, admittedly I'm not sure, its the second. So its not even a trade ban, its just a 'if you do this you lose an advantage that no other club is given regarding cap space, and then the competition will be more even' versus the 'you are taking away our rights and we will sue you because you're not letting us trade at all which is unconstitutional'.

In amongst the umpiring chat, done the numbers during a lecture.

Richmond lead frees for by a mile (429 for, 2nd is North with 387. Eagles 7th with 343, Freo 10th with 334, only 9 frees more for West Coast).

Differential for the season:

1. Richmond +68 (1st in frees for, 6th in frees against)
  2. Eagles +53 (7th, 18th)
  3. North +48 (2nd, 11th)
  4. Suns +34 (3rd, 13th)
  5. Collingwood +32 (13th, 17th)
  6. Hawthorn +20 (12th, 14th)
  7. Bulldogs +20 (15th, 15th)
  8. Carlton +14 (6th, 12th)
  9. Adelaide -10 (18th, 15th)
  10. Port -10 (14th, 10th)
  11. GWS -11 (11th, 9th)
  12. Melbourne -20 (9th, 7th)
  13. Essendon -24 (8th, 5th)
  14. Brisbane - 34 (5th, 2nd)
  15. Fremantle -37 (10th, 4th)
  16. St Kilda -45 (4th, 1st)
  17. Sydney -50 (16th, 3rd)
  18. Geelong -53 (17th most for, 8th most against)
Eagles with the least frees against (290) adding to the massive differential, St Kilda with the most frees against at 395. Richmond 6th in frees against yet still crushing the table thanks to the massive frees for advantage.
Interesting. I had a quick look (but not sure how to put the stats in) and it shouldn't come as a surprise to many that the teams that tackle less (ie. Us at 15th and Tigers at 17th in total tackles) appear to give away less free kicks.

Lol, the purps are so starved for success its started affecting their brains. Quite a few of them are going on about needing to win the minor premiership on their board so that they can get the "empty cabinet" joke off their back. Apparently finishing first on the ladder at the end of the season gets you the "McClelland Trophy" or somesuch.

Honestly, I did not even know that this was a thing. In my mind, you can fill your cabinet with all the Derby trophies, Nab Cups and McClelland Trophies that you want, but if you dont have a Premiership Cup in there, its empty.

Interesting. I had a quick look (but not sure how to put the stats in) and it shouldn't come as a surprise to many that the teams that tackle less (ie. Us at 15th and Tigers at 17th in total tackles) appear to give away less free kicks.
Interesting re:tackles. Tigers actually give away a lot of frees but are just so far ahead in frees for, hence the differential

Lol, the purps are so starved for success its started affecting their brains. Quite a few of them are going on about needing to win the minor premiership on their board so that they can get the "empty cabinet" joke off their back. Apparently finishing first on the ladder at the end of the season gets you the "McClelland Trophy" or somesuch.

Honestly, I did not even know that this was a thing. In my mind, you can fill your cabinet with all the Derby trophies, Nab Cups and McClelland Trophies that you want, but if you dont have a Premiership Cup in there, its empty.

Finishing top of the table is a much bigger achievement than winning a derby, and a smaller achievement than winning a premiership. We've got 3 of those, and there's a handful of teams that have never won one.

I don't begrudge the Dockers supporters for wanting one, and it would certainly be the first trophy with any real significance that they've won.

Finishing top of the table is a much bigger achievement than winning a derby, and a smaller achievement than winning a premiership. We've got 3 of those, and there's a handful of teams that have never won one.

I don't begrudge the Dockers supporters for wanting one, and it would certainly be the first trophy with any real significance that they've won.

I think its grasping at straws and moving the goalposts. They were so certain it was just their time and theyd get a premiership cup, they got ahead of themselves. Now they want to Bradbury a cup by avoiding the Hawks and realise a cup is unlikely as noone rates them and theyve been coasting for 10+ weeks, so they reset the goals just to finish top.

Winning the minor premiership is great but noone gives a s**t about it and their form has been so uninspiring lately theyll have almost Bradburied their way to even that achievement.

I think its grasping at straws and moving the goalposts. They were so certain it was just their time and theyd get a premiership cup, they got ahead of themselves. Now they want to Bradbury a cup by avoiding the Hawks and realise a cup is unlikely as noone rates them and theyve been coasting for 10+ weeks, so they reset the goals just to finish top.

Winning the minor premiership is great but noone gives a s**t about it and their form has been so uninspiring lately theyll have almost Bradburied their way to even that achievement.

I don't see how if they win the premiership they'll have Bradburied it. They'll either have to beat Hawthorn (who have dropped games against Essendon and GWS), or beat the team that beats Hawthorn. You need a bit of luck to win a premiership. They're top of the table because they've been good enough to win the most games, even when they haven't been flying form wise.

Belittling their accomplishments makes us as petty as we claim them to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't see how if they win the premiership they'll have Bradburied it. They'll either have to beat Hawthorn (who have dropped games against Essendon and GWS), or beat the team that beats Hawthorn. You need a bit of luck to win a premiership. They're top of the table because they've been good enough to win the most games, even when they haven't been flying form wise.

Belittling their accomplishments makes us as petty as we claim them to be.

I didnt say they will have done a Bradbury. I said they want to, by avoiding the Hawks, knowing full well if they have to come up against them they have next to no chance.

Can't wait to read the reactions on the Essendon board. I suspect a few of the diehard Hird supporters may be institutionalized by the end of today.

I'm waiting for the Facebook statement as well, the comments there will be comedy gold.

This is also apparently trending on Twitter
#PutYourPeptidesOut

Hahahahaha the one that says "always put the players before himself, will be remembered as a Mandela type"

**** me dead there is some gold on there

There's 330 pages of quotes just like it over the 3 year journey, the level of denial down there and single-handed devotion to the cult of James is mind boggling.

I didnt say they will have done a Bradbury. I said they want to, by avoiding the Hawks, knowing full well if they have to come up against them they have next to no chance.

They have about as much chance as we do realistically. Plus the finals are a different kettle of fish. In 2005 we were in appalling form going in and still made the grand final, only to lose by 4 points. Could easily have been a premiership too.

Hawthorn don't perform that well in preliminary finals off a week off. 2012, 5 point win over Adelaide. 2013, 5 point win over Geelong. 2014, 3 point win over Port. That's where you want to get a game against them. If Freo could get a home prelim against Hawthorn they'd be a great chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back