Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I an arse cos I really dngaf this year? I spent a day with Peter Daicos a few years ago and he is a gem, and he is not far behind GAS IMO, so maybe some love there. But but but...

After '22, and the s**t run we have had this year, plus the inconsistencies and the continuing AFL social engineering.

Give me a ******* game of football.

You know I dislike a lot of sides and their supporters...but North Melbourne...I genuinely am just sick of them as a club and as a supporter base.

Everything about them reeks of desperation, pity, misplaced arrogance and just being straight up pathetic. Asking for Priority picks 2 years in a row, like it's their god given right...then pretending they still have this 'Shinboner spirit' - is another thing that just irks me to no end.

They seriously are the most pathetic club in the league. Even if they do somehow make Finals in the next few years, they won't have earned it; they'll just have been handed it by the AFL and its assistance. Whether it be monetary, pick wise, or any other form of assistance, they simply are a club filled with supporters that have no pride or respect for themselves or the organisation they follow.

All year they've been gunning for Pick 1 and Harley Reid...didn't get that...on to McKay and Pick 3...then Riley Sanders as an NGA outside the draft...then begging for Priority picks and getting 3 end of 1sts...after being given Griffin Logue and Darcy Tucker, and extra list spots last year. It's f*cking never ending.

Just wish they'd fold and f*ck off for good to be honest.

Look ive got no dislike for Nth Melb or their supporters

But the AFL - it really is just Entertainment - and the AFL just make up the rules as they go - thus if you are a well run club - or poorly run club then who cares - the AFL will bail you out somewhere

You contrast that to the English soccer - there is a hard edge - and no bail out

For instance if you are a poorly run club and go into financial administration - then they will relegate you down a division - and you start off in the new season at negative 10 points- there is certainly no Cinderella bail out over their

For those interested, here's the apparent GF ticket allocation split:

This isn't new — grand final tickets are divvied up using this formula from the AFL:

• Competing club members 16,000 - 40,000 (16-40% of seats)
  • AFL clubs (18) 0 - 7,000 (0-7% of seats)
  • Melbourne Cricket Club (MCC) Reserve 16,000 - 26,000 (16-26% of seats)
  • AFL Members 13,000 - 18,000 (13-18% of seats)
  • AFL/Medallion Club Members 3,000 - 5,000 (3-5% of seats)
  • AFL Entitlements/Contractual Obligations 5,000 - 30,000 (5-30% of seats)
  • Competing clubs 0 - 5,000 (0-5% of seats)

Shame they didn't make the GF, their social media team would have been on point.

At times it seems like their social media team signed the AFL etiquette book but without actually having read it:

Wasnt even a proper merger but a takeover Fitzroys flags arnt even counted as part of Brisbane Lions a know a lot of old Fitzroy fans refused to switch to supporting Brisbane Lions
Like I said they aren’t counted because two clubs ceased to exist and a new one was formed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know I dislike a lot of sides and their supporters...but North Melbourne...I genuinely am just sick of them as a club and as a supporter base.

Everything about them reeks of desperation, pity, misplaced arrogance and just being straight up pathetic. Asking for Priority picks 2 years in a row, like it's their god given right...then pretending they still have this 'Shinboner spirit' - is another thing that just irks me to no end.

They seriously are the most pathetic club in the league. Even if they do somehow make Finals in the next few years, they won't have earned it; they'll just have been handed it by the AFL and its assistance. Whether it be monetary, pick wise, or any other form of assistance, they simply are a club filled with supporters that have no pride or respect for themselves or the organisation they follow.

All year they've been gunning for Pick 1 and Harley Reid...didn't get that...on to McKay and Pick 3...then Riley Sanders as an NGA outside the draft...then begging for Priority picks and getting 3 end of 1sts...after being given Griffin Logue and Darcy Tucker, and extra list spots last year. It's f*cking never ending.

Just wish they'd fold and f*ck off for good to be honest.
No different to when Melbourne were on the bottom or the 'handouts' sydney got when they lost 40 something games in a row in the 90s. We dont have relegation its not the EPL.
I dont know how old you are but not that long ago they were the 'team of the 90s' and geelong were 7 million in debt. All teams go through cycles

Look ive got no dislike for Nth Melb or their supporters

But the AFL - it really is just Entertainment - and the AFL just make up the rules as they go - thus if you are a well run club - or poorly run club then who cares - the AFL will bail you out somewhere

You contrast that to the English soccer - there is a hard edge - and no bail out

For instance if you are a poorly run club and go into financial administration - then they will relegate you down a division - and you start off in the new season at negative 10 points- there is certainly no Cinderella bail out over their
Unpopular opinion - I dont think North is even a badly ran club - just a small club with less supporters.
Some of the big clubs have been badly managed over the years. Richmond in the 80's and 90's, Essendon during the drug saga and Carlton nearly went into administration until they got rescued my billionaire richard pratt.
North pretty much came up with the idea for friday night football when no one else wanted it - as soon as it was seen to be financially successful the AFL gave it to the big 4 clubs instead.

Brownlow is rigged!!! Neale got 3 votes for this game in round 6.

View attachment 1814036

Still shake my head at Adam Goodes getting 2 votes in a 7 goal loss to Geelong. Rooke towelled him up, Goodes only got 14 touches for the game. SJ & Stokes both hit 20 possessions and kicked 4 each and didn't get a vote!

Still shake my head at Adam Goodes getting 2 votes in a 7 goal loss to Geelong. Rooke towelled him up, Goodes only got 14 touches for the game. SJ & Stokes both hit 20 possessions and kicked 4 each and didn't get a vote!

Umpires are just like the footy media, they have their favourites and actual performance barely enters into it.

I don't think teams who aren't competing should get any tickets. Members are the lifeblood of clubs and the members for both clubs are getting dicked over.
Yes 17k for both sets of clubs members I read… wow I didn’t realize it was that low. Where’s the other 66k coming from?
Shouldn’t it be more like 80k for members? And I’m not against the team finishing top getting allocated a bit more of an allocation too… 60-40 or 55-45 in % terms..

Yes 17k for both sets of clubs members I read… wow I didn’t realize it was that low. Where’s the other 66k coming from?
Shouldn’t it be more like 80k for members? And I’m not against the team finishing top getting allocated a bit more of an allocation too… 60-40 or 55-45 in % terms..
Scroll up - the breakdown of allocation is listed earlier on this page

😂 - apparently this was deleted. I'm guessing trying to create an argument against the home team being able to play on their home ground didn't really work

Remove this Banner Ad

Back