FB: Hansen - Thompson - MacMillan
HB: McDonald - Grima - Wright
C: Gibson - Wells - Atley
HF: Harvey - Waite - Higgins
FF: Thomas - Petrie - Brown

R: Goldstein - Swallow - Cunnington

IC: Ziebell - Turner - Black

Sub: Bastinac

Bloody hell that was hard. I'm not happy with it, but it's good problem to have when there's so many players that could be best 18.

Bloody hell that was hard. I'm not happy with it, but it's good problem to have when there's so many players that could be best 18.
Forgot Dal.

I want to see a mandatory change rule brought in next year. No matter how good we play or who we beat, there will always be a couple of passengers. A constant rotation of players 20-21 will keep the squad on their toes. Then 5 weeks out from finals we pick our best 22 and give them time to really gel.

I want to see a mandatory change rule brought in next year. No matter how good we play or who we beat, there will always be a couple of passengers. A constant rotation of players 20-21 will keep the squad on their toes. Then 5 weeks out from finals we pick our best 22 and give them time to really gel.
Sheedy did this in 2000; worked a treat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was it actually a *thing* or did he just often rotate players?
Not sure what distinction you're making here. He deliberately rested and rotated players and exchanged 'fringe' players so that players maintained hunger and freshness.

As much of a hard decision it is to decide who, I don't think we can have all 4 talls in the side, unless one plays a different position.

As much of a hard decision it is to decide who, I don't think we can have all 4 talls in the side, unless one plays a different position.

Yeah, Black should go out (at least to begin with). I can't see us leaving Waite out for too long and it's pretty much a given that Brown and Petrie will play.

Round 1 2015 I want the side selected on Merit.

Good preseason + good practice matches + team balance for position = you make the side.

Don't care about names.

We want to win every game we need to take a more ruthless approach to selection.

I don't care if Brown is in the side over Black.

Or Turner over Boomer for the matter. Competition for spots should be fierce, will be fierce.

Best available team that is geared to beating the opposition and is inclusive of a resting policy for older players.

Don't care much about a 22.

Yeah, Black should go out (at least to begin with). I can't see us leaving Waite out for too long and it's pretty much a given that Brown and Petrie will play.
Yeah interesting to see who gets picked out of Waite and Black for round 1, I guess if Black has a really good preseason he will be hard to put out.

As tough as it may be for some people to consider, I think Waite plays more Petrie role than anything. And the fwd line will look better Imo with waite/Petrie, black and brown. Having said that if black doesn't improve he's not playing 1's footy next year.

As tough as it may be for some people to consider, I think Waite plays more Petrie role than anything. And the fwd line will look better Imo with waite/Petrie, black and brown. Having said that if black doesn't improve he's not playing 1's footy next year.

Four talls in risky, especially when one of them did s**t all this year.

Four talls in risky, especially when one of them did s**t all this year.

What I mean is having Petrie and Waite in the side is worse for team balance than than having one of them in the side together with black and brown. I think Waite Petrie and brown is too tall and I feel like we will only play that if blacks form is similar to this year.

What I mean is having Petrie and Waite in the side is worse for team balance than than having one of them in the side together with black and brown. I think Waite Petrie and brown is too tall and I feel like we will only play that if blacks form is similar to this year.

Oh, my mistake. I can't see either of Petrie or Waite not playing. Petrie is still our best key forward and Waite was recruited to kick goals at AFL level.

Oh, my mistake. I can't see either of Petrie or Waite not playing. Petrie is still our best key forward and Waite was recruited to kick goals at AFL level.
I really hope the selection committee have the balls to not play the free agents if they are not in form though. If they don't play well they don't play imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back