Opinion North Melbourne's best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

And the key defender depth is now literally gone which sucks a great deal.
Ok, but injuries happen to every team every year....
Tippet filled in when Thompson was suspended, and covered for Narni. Without those games from him we may have struggled... Narni close to coming back, Hansen might have to man up a lil, firrito can play tall, Petrie can go back.... Not totally sunk.

Ok, but injuries happen to every team every year....
Tippet filled in when Thompson was suspended, and covered for Narni. Without those games from him we may have struggled... Narni close to coming back, Hansen might have to man up a lil, firrito can play tall, Petrie can go back.... Not totally sunk.
Sort of don't want Petrie going back unless the forward line can magically become 30 points better than it has been.

B: Mullet Thompson Hansen
HB: McDonald Grima Atley
C: Gibson Dal Santo Wells
HF: Harvey Black Ziebell
F: Thomas Petrie Tarrant
R: Goldstein Cunnington Greenwood
I: Swallow Adams Bastinac MacMillan

Is this what everyone seems to be getting?

I'm with you....
I love the upside of Daw, and the fact he can ruck...
Wrong thread but an embarrassment of riches in kpf..... Anyone smell a trade.

I would say that's the one hole in our list actually.

Drew has only a year after this left.
Tarrant is forever injured.
Daw has a long way to go.
Black should be a mainstay.
Wood is not a giant by any means.
Curran hasn't been able to get on the park.

So I make that as one stone cold certainty going into the future.

Edit: Benny Brown still a bit to go as well, but I have hopes.

I would say that's the one hole in our list actually.

Drew has only a year after this left.
Tarrant is forever injured.
Daw has a long way to go.
Black should be a mainstay.
Wood is not a giant by any means.
Curran hasn't been able to get on the park.

So I make that as one stone cold certainty going into the future.

Edit: Benny Brown still a bit to go as well, but I have hopes.
Taz, Black, Daw, Wood, Brown.... For the right deal as much as I like Taz you would have to consider it. Brisbane or Carlton could get sucked into selling the farm for a big forward. I believe in Black, I believe that Daw will click and click soon, Wood looks special as a lead up option, and I saw brown in the twos the other week and he was a great pick up.

B: Mullet Thompson Hansen
HB: McDonald Grima Atley
C: Gibson Dal Santo Wells
HF: Harvey Black Ziebell
F: Thomas Petrie Tarrant
R: Goldstein Cunnington Greenwood
I: Swallow Adams Bastinac MacMillan

Is this what everyone seems to be getting?
Yeah pretty much. Interesting that the consensus on this board pre-season was that Daw would take Tarrant's spot. Now that we have seen what that looks like, it seems the consensus has shifted back to Taz.

Then again, it was fairly common in the pre-season best 22's for someone to say Gibson would be out of the team by this stage of the year :p

Taz, Black, Daw, Wood, Brown.... For the right deal as much as I like Taz you would have to consider it. Brisbane or Carlton could get sucked into selling the farm for a big forward. I believe in Black, I believe that Daw will click and click soon, Wood looks special as a lead up option, and I saw brown in the twos the other week and he was a great pick up.
Still convinced Brown looks like the guy from Wolfmother ...

Two things:
1) If you were going to sell Tarrant, you'd sell him to Collingwood. They'd love to get their hands on another Tarrant
2) I'd much sooner trade Wood than Tarrant. When Petrie retires Tarrant will be number 1, Daw number 2 and Black the 3rd tall. Make Daw or Black number 1 and we don't look like a top 4 side anymore

Yeah pretty much. Interesting that the consensus on this board pre-season as that Daw would take Tarrant's spot. Now that we have seen what that looks like, it seems the consensus has shifted back to Taz. Then again, it was fairly common in the pre-season best 22's for someone to say Gibson would be out of the team by this stage of the year :p
Or could be a detriment because 'someone' (no one's really specified) hasn't really kicked on to take his spot.

Yeah pretty much. Interesting that the consensus on this board pre-season as that Daw would take Tarrant's spot. Now that we have seen what that looks like, it seems the consensus has shifted back to Taz. Then again, it was fairly common in the pre-season best 22's for someone to say Gibson would be out of the team by this stage of the year :p
I think were happy for Daw to get game time whilst Tazz is out. As seen he and Drew cannot play in the same team as they are so alike. I think when Dish finishes up a combination of Daw, Black and Tarrant will be just as effective as Petrie, Black and Tarrant.
Gibbo has become an out and out gun. I couldnt even fit Swallow on the ground FFS as I reckon Levi compliments the centre square set up more.
This is what we need. An embarrassment of riches in our midfield where Boomer and Jack can be used at half forward.

McKenzie, Firrito, Harper, Garner, Wood, Daw is not a bad emergency list going into finals with a fit list also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two things:
1) If you were going to sell Tarrant, you'd sell him to Collingwood. They'd love to get their hands on another Tarrant
2) I'd much sooner trade Wood than Tarrant. When Petrie retires Tarrant will be number 1, Daw number 2 and Black the 3rd tall. Make Daw or Black number 1 and we don't look like a top 4 side anymore
Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie.

We could always move Hansen ...
: punches self:
I know it is extremely unpopular to suggest this but this is still not completely out of the question when Petrie retires. Right now we have better depth in KPDs than we do in KPFs

Last edited:
Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie.
Haha, I'm not suggesting it. Just saying if I was gonna trade one of the 4 it wouldn't be Taz. Wood is just Aaron Black 3 years ago from what I've seen

I think were happy for Daw to get game time whilst Tazz is out. As seen he and Drew cannot play in the same team as they are so alike. I think when Dish finishes up a combination of Daw, Black and Tarrant will be just as effective as Petrie, Black and Tarrant.
Completely agree. That's why I've never been in a hurry with Daw. He is clearly being groomed as our next Petrie

Completely agree. That's why I've never been in a hurry with Daw. He is clearly being groomed as our next Petrie
Whats more beneficial is weve gone through the hard part of our fixture and come out on top. So Daw's education in the AFL can be handled with less pressure as the teams we play arent as strong from now on.

Haha, I'm not suggesting it. Just saying if I was gonna trade one of the 4 it wouldn't be Taz. Wood is just Aaron Black 3 years ago from what I've seen
We need him as our live kicking training dummy too. :shifty eyes:

Regarding Daw v Tarrant, when Tarrant is fit and firing again, is it a case of Tarrant easily in for Maj? Where does that leave Dawry?
I would think in and out of the side until Drew retires, at which point he probably becomes first choice FF/Ruck with about 25 games to his name and make or break time.

Love your avatar Rob Zombie. Classic Big Mick. Looks like he has just dropped his guts.

Best 22? From last weeks team:

In: Wells Grima Macmillan Tarrant
Out: Nahas Firitto Anthony Daw
Yes x4

Decent VFL squad...

B: Firitto – Tippett - McMahon
HB: Hine – Delaney - Warren
C: McKenzie – Dumont - Wright
HF: Garner - Brown - Harper,
F: Wood – Daw - Nahas,
R:Currie – Anthony - Jacobs,
Int: McGenniss – Wallace – Turner – Wilkins - Curran