Remove this Banner Ad

Wright - Tippett - Thompson
MacMillan - Hansen - Atley
Dal Santo - Ziebell - Wells
Higgins - Waite - Harvey
Thomas - Petrie - Black

Goldstein - Swallow - Cunnington

Gibson - McDonald - Firrito - Bastinac

(Jacobs, Wood, Garner, Dumont, Tarrant, Harper, Grima, Brown, Adams, Turner, Delaney, Pick 16, Pick 25)
Mullett?

Wright Thompson Grima
Atley Hansen McDonald

Goldstein Cunnington Swallow
Harvey Wells Dal Santo

Zeibell Waite Turner
Thomas Petrie Brown

Gibson Bastinac Higgins Macmillam

Next In line - Happy for any of these to be in 22:
Black Firitto Mullett Jacobs Adams Tippett

Back up - Only if incumbant is out
Currie

Prospects - Expected to be moving into best 22 calculations:
Wood Garner Dumont Draft pick 16, Draft pick 30, Draft pick 36

X-Roads - These players need to force their way into calculations
Daw Harper McMahon McKenzie Tarrant

Locks:

Thompson, Cunnington, Ziebell, Swallow, Dal Santo, Wells, Hansen, Goldstein, Petrie, Turner, Brown, McDonald, Thomas, Petrie, Harvey, Atley.

Basically locks:

Waite & Higgins

Leaving 4 remaining spots to be taken by:

The tried and tested:

Firitto, Adams, Gibson, MacMillan, Grima

Or the new and shiny:

Garner, Harper, Wood & Dumont

Or the seemingly deficient despite having "talent".

Black, Bastinac, Wright, Mullet, McKenzie.

Personally, if our bottom 4 players happen to be kids, amazing. For anyone who says our kids need time. Get stuffed, we just made a prelim with 3 first year players.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who thinks Waite wont just waltz into our 22? He is there to put pressure on Black and Brown, not be an immediate replacement or upgrade.

Am I the only one who thinks Waite wont just waltz into our 22? He is there to put pressure on Black and Brown, not be an immediate replacement or upgrade.
Depends on his pre-season. He said in his presser that he was going to go back 2 weeks earlier than the other blokes to get his body right.

That's the kind of attitude he has been lacking at Carlton. If that actually is his attitude it wouldn't overly surprise me if he has one of his best years.

B: Firrito Grima Hansen
HB: Wright Thompson McDonald
C: Gibson Wells Dal Santo
HF: Higgins Waite Ziebell
F: Thomas Petrie Harvey
R: Goldstein Cunnington Swallow
Int: Atley Turner Bastinac Brown
Geez thats a bloody good side!!

Depends on his pre-season. He saidin his presser that he was going to go back 2 weeks earlier than the other blokes to get his body right.

That's the kind of attitude he has been lacking at Carlton. If that actually is his attitude it wouldn't overly surprise me if he has one of his best years.
Black still gets first crack if fit and available come round 1. Unless Waite goes absolutely goes bananas in the NAB series (kicking bags of 4+) then I can't see him pushing Black out

Locks:

Thompson, Cunnington, Ziebell, Swallow, Dal Santo, Wells, Hansen, Goldstein, Petrie, Turner, Brown, McDonald, Thomas, Petrie, Harvey, Atley.

Basically locks:

Waite & Higgins

Leaving 4 remaining spots to be taken by:

The tried and tested:

Firitto, Adams, Gibson, MacMillan, Grima

Or the new and shiny:

Garner, Harper, Wood & Dumont

Or the seemingly deficient despite having "talent".

Black, Bastinac, Wright, Mullet, McKenzie.

Personally, if our bottom 4 players happen to be kids, amazing. For anyone who says our kids need time. Get stuffed, we just made a prelim with 3 first year players.
Cant see Turner as a lock yet, or Brown for that matter.

I do see both Wright and MacMillan closer to being locks than those two. Just noticed Gibson too, who would surely be a lock, given he hasnt missed a game since debut, and the coaches clearly like his running ability.

For mine, it will be 2 of Brown, Black and Waite playing. Could be horses for courses approach. Brown has rucking ability which is a clear bonus, but I would take Black just ahead of Waite.

Backs will also be between Grima and Tippett to take the third tall, behind Thompson and Hansen. Waite is also an option to play down back, as is Tarrant, as has been reported by the club. This may push these two guys further down the pecking order.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Turner was absolutely critical when it mattered
Given we have booted Nahas I think we can pencil him in, o/wise we are gonna be too slow

With Greenwood going, turner is a basically a lock. Otherwise we look incredibly soft.

Which is kinda sad.
Agree to disagree. I think Adams and Turner will be competing for the same spot. Id pick Turner, but I think they may want Adams experience.
I think Greenwood and Turner play vastly different roles, so dont think it is a swap. Greenwood leaving opens up more opportunities for the likes of Bastinac, Jacobs, and Dumont.

With Greenwood going, turner is a basically a lock. Otherwise we look incredibly soft.

Which is kinda sad.
100% agree ; Turner and LMac would be my first two picked every week just for the way they go about it .They bleed blue and white and leave everything on the field ;something I wish a few more of our players would do.

Last edited:
Smoocher said:
Will be in best 22. As much as we love Brown, Waite is a better player right now.
On what basis? He isnt on big money meaning we don't have to force a player who has runs on the board in the blue and white out just because Waite came to Arden St. Unless he lights it up on both the training track and in the NAB series, he doesnt play in round 1 let alone in the early part of the H&A season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back