November Daily Punt

Remove this Banner Ad

That Ephidrea was super impressive in the Japan Cup. Just The Way I prefer over 1600-2000. Ivanhowe looks a likely Cups contender in 2015. Scratch Ivanhowe as it will get too much weight.

Anyone ever filled out a ticket at the pub (half cut)

Just thought I chucked $9 EW on a horse at pt lincoln paying $17 but put it on no 9 not no 12 that I liked ... bang no12 wins.

Feel like shitting on my own face!!!

Can't believe it folks cost me and a mate $200 arrrrrgh
Yess!! Same horse ran in the last yesterday at pt lincoln. Wasnt gonna miss out this time

BANG!! $20 winner and we were on it.

Alertness U beauty :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any tips for the big race day at Sha Tin, in particular R4,5,7,8.

CRITERION cost me enough during the spring so I'll be passing on him today in the Hong Kong Cup, also looks to be a firm track which won't suit him.

Any tips for the big race day at Sha Tin, in particular R4,5,7,8.

CRITERION cost me enough during the spring so I'll be passing on him today in the Hong Kong Cup, also looks to be a firm track which won't suit him.

Criterion has a crazy owner. Payne didnt want to run him after the cox plate but owner insisted on mackinnon. Then payne refused hk and the owner switched to hayes. Horse should be in the paddock.

Criterion has a crazy owner. Payne didnt want to run him after the cox plate but owner insisted on mackinnon. Then payne refused hk and the owner switched to hayes. Horse should be in the paddock.

I think he is worth about $1 billion dollars so he probably hasn't got the horse's welfare at heart. Should be in the paddock like you said and kept for the Sydney Autumn where he is likely to get a bit of give in the ground.

I have settled on ARCHIMEDES e/w in the Cup.

Great days racing at Shatin.

Review of races

Vase

Flintshire did enough to win a slowly run vase. Not overly impressive but always in control of the race in the last 200m. Willie Cazaly ran a good second. Pace too slow for Rec Cadeaux who battled away into 6th. Actually this is the race that Criterion should have targetted.

Sprint

Aerovolevecity who I fancied was the Stewards horse after its luckless run in the Sprint Trial. Surprisingly it jumped to the lead and despite setting strong sectionals found in the last 100 metres. Penipphobia who is only a three year old din't have the strength in the last 100 metres, but will improve in the next twelve months.

Cup

Most even field of the day. Criterion box seated, hit the lead at the 400m and was only grabbed in the last 100 metres. Designs of Rome and Military Attack are both good horses and would be very competitive in the Sydney Autumn Carnival.

Mile

Able Friend is in the form of his life and absolutely decimated the field. It will be interesting to see if Able Friend travels overseas. he's a very good horse. He'a s dead set 1600-1800m horse.

The support races were strong with mainly Class one to three. Good horses always come out of this race.

As an aside Designs of Rome and Able Friend ran the quinella in the 2014 HK Derby 2000m. I always find the HK Derby an interesting race because it's the most keenly won race on the HK calendar and therefore half the field is flat out running 1400m, let alone 2000m.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back