Official Club Stuff OFFICIAL : 2015 Membership Tally - 41,418 #Get Real - New Record

Remove this Banner Ad

Dice it anyway you want.

It's a very concerning problem. We can rag on existing members, we can blame the opposition, we can blame our perennial pathetic early form, we can blame the bandwagoners.

We need a change of approach and to the club's credit, the new pregame changes are a step in the right direction.

I still think we need a renewed focus on improving our Melbourne following.

History suggests our numbers are about what they would normally be for a Port game.Improvement can only happen if people are in line to get something l think.

If the club bought 8 or so cars for Etihad home games from Mazda at cost whatever that is say 18-20K & gave them away & any person that turned up everybody is eligible. That would encourage North & non North supporters to turn up as well with a chance to maybe win a car if promoted & advertised correctly interview put up on the AFL website this could be a winner.

So cost would be about 160k if a few thousand extra turn up per game surely that comes off our pay back costs to Etihad & caterers costs etc & pump the numbers up as well. I don't know, but if we pay 160k for a player who plays reserves all year & there would be a few of them surely something like this is not beyond the realms of possibility.

I imagine the publicity for Mazda would be great as well so maybe costs would be less than 160k.

Just an idea.....feel free to shoot me down.

If this isn't a (Hugh Laurie) Blackadder quote, it should be. Either way, well used sir, well used. Hurrah!

Not sure where I first heard it, Kimbo. It could have been Blackadder. I'm certainly not claiming any originality.

Thanks for the Hurrah! though.

Nobody deserves shooting down for new and innovative ways to encourage more numbers and hopefully more members to North games.

Great post.

History suggests our numbers are about what they would normally be for a Port game.Improvement can only happen if people are in line to get something l think.

If the club bought 8 or so cars for Etihad home games from Mazda at cost whatever that is say 18-20K & gave them away & any person that turned up everybody is eligible. That would encourage North & non North supporters to turn up as well with a chance to maybe win a car if promoted & advertised correctly interview put up on the AFL website this could be a winner.

So cost would be about 160k if a few thousand extra turn up per game surely that comes off our pay back costs to Etihad & caterers costs etc & pump the numbers up as well. I don't know, but if we pay 160k for a player who plays reserves all year & there would be a few of them surely something like this is not beyond the realms of possibility.

I imagine the publicity for Mazda would be great as well so maybe costs would be less than 160k.

Good post. At our prelim vs the Swans they did this. The woman who won the car went crazy. The thing is you'd need to advertise the s**t out of it so people know about it otherwise it would be completely pointless and a waste of money (160k can be the difference between a profit and a loss).

Time wise we are at least one month ahead of last season, with the club reaching 37282 on May 21st, 2014.

So apparently this is Hawthorn's membership video.

What a piss poor excuse of a clip.

Thank god for North's media team, we are really spoiled for content when you look at that.

Yeah it's embarrassing but good on them for doing it, I would like it if it were our boys (it would benefit if they bought in a bit more). Seeing Gibbo riding a mop is worth it, what a knob :) No wonder he slipped in the bathroom

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see we're maintaining the margin. Looks like the budget, and new membership record, is in hand.

We shouldn't be surprised that our finance people knew what they were doing budgeting for 42.5k members.

5000 tassie members,well done.

I think we got 4.5k Tassie members last year. That means there's still around 2750 members from either Victoria or interstate who haven't re-signed from last year. This number is probably higher (maybe 3000) because I'm sure we'd have attracted a few newbies in Vic as well.

The other thing is that we signed up the second most members last week of any club and the most members the week before. We're going at like 1000 a week at the moment more than any other club. I don't get this. Why do our fans wait so late to re-sign? I've signed up a several weeks into a season before so I'm not criticising just wondering why its happening.

The other thing is that we signed up the second most members last week of any club and the most members the week before. We're going at like 1000 a week at the moment more than any other club. I don't get this. Why do our fans wait so late to re-sign? I've signed up a several weeks into a season before so I'm not criticising just wondering why its happening.
UR the right person 2B asking, it seems.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back