Prediction Optimistic Thread (Delusion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Positive even if this year fails we will likely get a top 10 draft pick... Our last 2 from previous years gave us Wingard and Wines... I am just saying imagine another player of that quality in our team

Positive even if this year fails we will likely get a top 10 draft pick... Our last 2 from previous years gave us Wingard and Wines... I am just saying imagine another player of that quality in our team
We wont have GWS gifting us players they get wrong when evaluating them and not drafting them.

the tank is on

Wines and Wingard's impact at their age is not to be underestimated. A higher pick doesn't guarentee a gun, let alone one which will have a serious, meaningful impact in the first couple of years.

We desperately need another gun kid to come into our system through the draft. Insert Polec and another Wines type into our system next year and it'd be massive for our midfield.

The issue of course remaining with our list is that no matter what we do midfield wise, the absence of a quality key forward is going to continue to haunt us. Schulz is a player that relies on others good work and Westy is soft. We need a tall FWD that makes things happen. We can't rely on Wingard and Gray every week.

Carn the Poopwer

optimistic.jpg

Parable of the Chinese Farmer

One day, a farmer’s horse ran away. His neighbors expressed sympathy, “What terrible luck that you lost your horse!” The farmer replied, “Maybe so, maybe not.”

A few days later, the horse returned, leading several wild horses. The neighbors shouted, “Your horse has returned, and brought more with him. What great fortune!” The farmer replied, “Maybe so, maybe not.”

Later that week, the farmer’s son was trying to break one of the wild horses and got thrown to the ground, breaking his leg. The villagers cried, “Your son broke his leg, what a calamity!” The farmer replied, “Maybe so, maybe not.”

A few weeks later, soldiers from the national army marched through town, conscripting all the able-bodied young men for the army. They did not take the farmer’s son because of his broken leg. Friends shouted, “Your boy is spared, what tremendous luck!” To which the farmer replied, “Maybe so, maybe not. We'll see.”

Perhaps short term pain will lead to long term success.

We will see.

I can just see Dougall Howard going coco bananas and kicking a couple of bags in the SANFL and in a meteoric rise to then lead our forward line and our footy club into the AFL finals.

I have dream't the same but looking at him tongue'ing it in the 2nd Qtr v Westies had to say "patience m8"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread is a great idea. My rage after the Carlton game had me teeing off at anything and everything.
Didn't make me feel better and neither did reading other posts from similarly angry posters.
Krakouer with another pre-season will be even better. More time into Palmer,Howard,Austin,Amon,Harvey,Clurey,Impey etc
and getting Polec and Paddy back to full fitness are all big +'s.

Fremantle will enter our Round 23 game at AO with a top two position sewn up and suddenly discover that Pavlich, Sandilands, McPharlin, Ballantyne, Walters, Fyfe, Mundy and all the Pearces have niggling injuries that require a week off. We need to win this to displace Adelaide in the eight. Conspiracy melts abound...

As angry as I got with how we were playing and with how it ended you know what spread a small amount of warmth on my cockles on Saturday at the game and in Melbourne afterwards.

Us. The Port Fan. The Port family.

With obvious and notable exceptions to the rule we have kept showing up, we have kept it loud and kept it proud. In the main very large chunks of us have done what we ask the team to do never ever give up. We have given our all and showed our passion.

Case in point at the MCG Saturday when we were needing some help from our side of the fence the Power chant went up. I needed to walk off some tension so walked around a section of the MCG and where there were groups of Port supporters they were loud and dominated their opposition bay supporters with their passion. I reckon I saw three or four times opposition supporters look around and smile and you could sense they were thinking "those people be crazy but I wish we had that passion".

Makes me remember the good times we have had as a club that we as supporters have shared and then I feel positive for the future for I KNOW the day is coming soon when I will again be walking down Melbourne streets hugging random Port supporters after we have our second flag.

the tank is on

Wines and Wingard's impact at their age is not to be underestimated. A higher pick doesn't guarentee a gun, let alone one which will have a serious, meaningful impact in the first couple of years.
Do ya reckon we're tanking Dyl. For a KPF........Thought has crossed my mind :oops:

strong avatar to general feeling around this board right now ratio
Doc............living in shark infested waters, i have to spill my guts to you. After all, you're a Doctor.

I'm afraid to go fishing because of your avatar, That big fat shark head spooks me

Mitch Harvey, Karl Amon, Dougal Howard and Jessie Palmer (amongst others) all have a potential that excites me.
Well being serious for a sec and not even just over the top optimism - all our draftees from the last 2 years look good.

Byrne-Jones has really stepped up and does some Pittard type runs without the bad decision making. Sam Russell might be a good lock down player and even take Jonas' spot at some point if he doesn't get it together.

Impey, Austin is our best pick from last year and you haven't mentioned him either.

really good drafting which is why I rekon we're a decent shot at a premiership for the next 10 years, if we sort out the forward line.

The Maggies game v Westies I watched Billy Frampton and saw a young hungry injury free 2metres tall player
who can kick,run mark and with everything in front of him. Made me :)
Big Red by comparison made me worry and wonder.
Apparently last year in the off season Ken said if you don't want to leave the club you won't be asked to.
This coming off season we need to be playing hard ball with our list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back