Prediction Optimistic Thread (Delusion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Could this year be one of growth?
The good.
Wingard, Wines, Hombsch.
Sam Colquhoun finally back in the side after a 12 month absence.
Jarman Impey having a reasonably solid year despite missing rounds 3-6.
Tom Clurey has come in and shown he can hold his own as a defender.
Brandon Ah Chee and Karl Amon have come in and both shown that they fit solidly into the and not look out of place.
Nathan Krakouer is barely even back in the system and is looking like one of our most reliable with the ball - if he can get fit, wow.

The uncontrollable.
Lobbe missing rounds 1-3
Wines missing rounds 4-7
Polec missing round 6-23
Carlile missing round 7
Ryder missing rounds 9 - 12
Trengove missing rounds 9 - 11
White missing round 11-15~

The unexpected plummet in form of
Neade
Broadbent
Ebert
Hartlett
O'shea
Lobbe
Schulz
Pittard
Westhoff
Young
Moore
Edit: Jonas, Jonas, Jonas.

Let's just hope this year is to improve the experience and strength of our 18th-30th best players and a reminder to the best 18 that they have to improve out of sight year-in-year-out and stagnating just sees you plummet down the ladder quicker than tanking.

Last edited:

Ok I've taken a big breath now and calmed down since the weekend.

I watched Kenny on 'on the couch' last night and he did not give anything away but to say that he will back our plan and our lads.

AND why wouldn't he, we know what we are capable of, and that was shown in the first quarter against the Hawks this year. What GOD like football that was. It was honestly like watching the best of Robbie Gray and Chad Wingard on youtube on repeat. (I know Robbie didn't play, but I'm just saying it's like watching their highlight reel of the last two years)

If we can take a breather over the bye and reset our composure, we can honestly win 8-9 of the next ten games. We've assessed our fringe players, and don't need to have a manic meltdown on Thursdays (Wednesdays for next two weeks) now to select the team. The fringe players which should be considered are Ah Chee, Amon, Colqhoun, Moore, Krakouer (in our best 18 easily), & Clurey. The ones we don't need to worry about ever again are Sam Gray, Paul Stewart and Jonas (easily our worst player on our list). Ryder will come back in, and when Matty White and Polec are ready then players like Amon and Moore make way.

If we scrape into the finals which I have a hell of a good feeling we will, the last two years and 4 games of finals experience will cause our lads to lift and push to get the job done. They don't want to feel that hurt they did against the Hawks in the prelim last year again.

Ppl get your money on Port for the flag, we're coming and we're going to fire. Mark my words!

"In Ken we Trust"

"Yes we ******* Ken!"

Jonas is nowhere near the worst player on the list. He is in horrible form and needs a spell with the Magpies, but it's a massive exaggeration to suggest he is the worst. O'Shea or Clurey should come in to replace him. O'Shea could add some much needed run, and seems a bit of a forgotten man.

How did we go in the pre season in 2014? Cant remember. Did we go undefeated?

We were well beaten by the Tingles at Richmond which resulted in Sando getting sacked and us scaring the hell out of Hawthorn, in the process unleashing destructive expectations of grandeur.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were well beaten by the Tingles at Richmond which resulted in Sando getting sacked and us scaring the hell out of Hawthorn, in the process unleashing destructive expectations of grandeur.
Preseason not finals. If we are going to do a 2014 in reverse I need to know how our preseason went to get a preview of September. ;)

Preseason not finals. If we are going to do a 2014 in reverse I need to know how our preseason went to get a preview of September. ;)

Our preseason was worse this year which means we will make the eight and win the flag.

Parable of the Chinese Farmer

One day, a farmer’s horse ran away. His neighbors expressed sympathy, “What terrible luck that you lost your horse!” The farmer replied, “Maybe so, maybe not.”

A few days later, the horse returned, leading several wild horses. The neighbors shouted, “Your horse has returned, and brought more with him. What great fortune!” The farmer replied, “Maybe so, maybe not.”

Later that week, the farmer’s son was trying to break one of the wild horses and got thrown to the ground, breaking his leg. The villagers cried, “Your son broke his leg, what a calamity!” The farmer replied, “Maybe so, maybe not.”

A few weeks later, soldiers from the national army marched through town, conscripting all the able-bodied young men for the army. They did not take the farmer’s son because of his broken leg. Friends shouted, “Your boy is spared, what tremendous luck!” To which the farmer replied, “Maybe so, maybe not. We'll see.”

Perhaps short term pain will lead to long term success.

We will see.
and then what happened? … did the father ever commit to one side or the other?? c'mon finish the story

Lost to the Crows with our under 21's and beat Essendon at Etihad I believe.
Our U21 team was clobbered by the Crows.
However we got to see that Impey was a good pick up.

and then what happened? … did the father ever commit to one side or the other?? c'mon finish the story
Father forced to join the Communist party. Maybe bad, maybe not.

Rose up the ranks and had prestige, maybe good, maybe not.

Arrested for corruption, maybe bad, maybe not.

Escapes prison, forced to subsist on a thin stew made of fish, vegetables, prawns, coconut milk and four kinds of rice. Maybe good, maybe not.

Makes it to Alberton and is given a Power membership, maybe bad, maybe not.

Asked our chances of beating Sydney. Maybe good, maybe not.

We will get the basics right, get some sort of teamwork going again, and become the first team to win from outside of the top 4 in this format.

Yep, 3/4 glass full *PAF or not I seriously think that Hinkley and the players are capable of doing just that. That includes our so called lesser and more maligned players playing their part.

If the worst happens and we continue to lose games and have injuries, the positive side is : We get games into our second tier (vital) We get a reasonable draw next year (fairer) We get a higher draft pick (yes) Our boys take their chances again next year with Ryder acclimatised to the team and vice versa. Maybe something similar to Geelong back then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back