Prediction Optimistic Thread (Delusion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Well being serious for a sec and not even just over the top optimism - all our draftees from the last 2 years look good.

Byrne-Jones has really stepped up and does some Pittard type runs without the bad decision making. Sam Russell might be a good lock down player and even take Jonas' spot at some point if he doesn't get it together.

Impey, Austin is our best pick from last year and you haven't mentioned him either.

really good drafting which is why I rekon we're a decent shot at a premiership for the next 10 years, if we sort out the forward line.

I didn't mention Impey because he's gone past potential for mine, he's the real deal.

We need to channel all of the negativity, hurt, embarrassment and anger into supporting our club

Let it out when singing NTUA

Cheer that bit louder and longer when we kick a goal

Let the rest of them know we are not going to go away, we are still a threat and we're coming to get you

Do not go gentle into that good night
Rage, rage against the dying of the light

Parable of the Chinese Farmer

One day, a farmer’s horse ran away. His neighbors expressed sympathy, “What terrible luck that you lost your horse!” The farmer replied, “Maybe so, maybe not.”

A few days later, the horse returned, leading several wild horses. The neighbors shouted, “Your horse has returned, and brought more with him. What great fortune!” The farmer replied, “Maybe so, maybe not.”

Later that week, the farmer’s son was trying to break one of the wild horses and got thrown to the ground, breaking his leg. The villagers cried, “Your son broke his leg, what a calamity!” The farmer replied, “Maybe so, maybe not.”

A few weeks later, soldiers from the national army marched through town, conscripting all the able-bodied young men for the army. They did not take the farmer’s son because of his broken leg. Friends shouted, “Your boy is spared, what tremendous luck!” To which the farmer replied, “Maybe so, maybe not. We'll see.”

Perhaps short term pain will lead to long term success.

We will see.
“Maybe so, maybe not. We'll see.”
Hoping for maybe so

We are still a mathematical chance. Is that being optimistic? ;)

Geez Richmond won 9 in a row against 3 finalists, 3 teams in the mix with them and 3 cellar dwellers which included saints twice. Being an optimistic thread I wont talk about our draw - but take the optimistic approach that if Richmond can do it so can we.

We are still a mathematical chance. Is that being optimistic? ;)

Geez Richmond won 9 in a row against 3 finalists, 3 teams in the mix with them and 3 cellar dwellers which included saints twice. Being an optimistic thread I wont talk about our draw - but take the optimistic approach that if Richmond can do it so can we.
We are good enough to do it REH. But do they have the kahunas?

If we do some how scrape into the 8 there is a big chance we'll play the crows at AO,ruining their home ground advantage and drowning out their nanna cheering.

Wouldn't that be delightful.

If we do some how scrape into the 8 there is a big chance we'll play the crows at AO,ruining their home ground advantage and drowning out their nanna cheering.

Wouldn't that be delightful.
nah, adelaide will be competing with us to sneak in for 8th spot. They wont get close to the top 4

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are still a mathematical chance to make top 4. Maybeeeee can cop 1 more loss.
Nope you wont get in with 15-7. No side has made top 4 since the 2 new sides with a 15-7 record and last year they won 10 + 6 wins and this year they are 1 + 7. Sydney got in win 15 and a draw in 2013.

Ok I've taken a big breath now and calmed down since the weekend.

I watched Kenny on 'on the couch' last night and he did not give anything away but to say that he will back our plan and our lads.

AND why wouldn't he, we know what we are capable of, and that was shown in the first quarter against the Hawks this year. What GOD like football that was. It was honestly like watching the best of Robbie Gray and Chad Wingard on youtube on repeat. (I know Robbie didn't play, but I'm just saying it's like watching their highlight reel of the last two years)

If we can take a breather over the bye and reset our composure, we can honestly win 8-9 of the next ten games. We've assessed our fringe players, and don't need to have a manic meltdown on Thursdays (Wednesdays for next two weeks) now to select the team. The fringe players which should be considered are Ah Chee, Amon, Colqhoun, Moore, Krakouer (in our best 18 easily), & Clurey. The ones we don't need to worry about ever again are Sam Gray, Paul Stewart and Jonas (easily our worst player on our list). Ryder will come back in, and when Matty White and Polec are ready then players like Amon and Moore make way.

If we scrape into the finals which I have a hell of a good feeling we will, the last two years and 4 games of finals experience will cause our lads to lift and push to get the job done. They don't want to feel that hurt they did against the Hawks in the prelim last year again.

Ppl get your money on Port for the flag, we're coming and we're going to fire. Mark my words!

"In Ken we Trust"

"Yes we ******* Ken!"

Ok I've taken a big breath now and calmed down since the weekend.

I watched Kenny on 'on the couch' last night and he did not give anything away but to say that he will back our plan and our lads.

AND why wouldn't he, we know what we are capable of, and that was shown in the first quarter against the Hawks this year. What GOD like football that was. It was honestly like watching the best of Robbie Gray and Chad Wingard on youtube on repeat. (I know Robbie didn't play, but I'm just saying it's like watching their highlight reel of the last two years)

If we can take a breather over the bye and reset our composure, we can honestly win 8-9 of the next ten games. We've assessed our fringe players, and don't need to have a manic meltdown on Thursdays (Wednesdays for next two weeks) now to select the team. The fringe players which should be considered are Ah Chee, Amon, Colqhoun, Moore, Krakouer (in our best 18 easily), & Clurey. The ones we don't need to worry about ever again are Sam Gray, Paul Stewart and Jonas (easily our worst player on our list). Ryder will come back in, and when Matty White and Polec are ready then players like Amon and Moore make way.

If we scrape into the finals which I have a hell of a good feeling we will, the last two years and 4 games of finals experience will cause our lads to lift and push to get the job done. They don't want to feel that hurt they did against the Hawks in the prelim last year again.

Ppl get your money on Port for the flag, we're coming and we're going to fire. Mark my words!

"In Ken we Trust"

"Yes we ******* Ken!"
Good on you but this is the optimistic thread. The delusional thread hasn't been opened just yet.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back