Ovens and Murray Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
spoke to a cousin at the Wang Rovers today, says he is confident that they can play finals this year with their current crop.

these are the ins and outs apparently....

outs: tyson hartwig, ben briten, wal richie, jake platfuss

in: justin hoggan, brendan sessions, jesse silver, darcy booth, josh naish

also in talks with a few other potential players and have resigned karl norman and tas clingan

good injections in the forward line with hoggan, sessions, silver and naish, and booth into the midfield. hartwig is a huge loss at chb but should allow a younger player to step up.

not sure how everyone thinks they will stack up against other clubs but they believe they can give the comp a shake

Have Rovers definitely signed Brendan Sessions ? I heard he was off to another District League club.

cupido has definetly recieved 5 grand up front and nth albury have to pay bundooras money back that he recieved up front of them, the same as they had to pay the side back that he signed with in adelaide, who to next for him????? 3 sign ons in one pre season not bad going.

You seem to throw a lot of figures around chicknfeed, i dont know of a lot of players who divulge in those details, and if they do don't necessarily tell the truth

if it was my team i wouldnt but hes not getting paid that from my club so it doesnt bother me putting it out there, i just personally think it it way too much, but that may just be because he is not playing for us anymore

Its obvious why Cupido has signed with Nth Albury after allegedly signing with other clubs, he realised that there is a TAB at Nth Albury and that the coach Punts as hard as he does. Travis Hodgson is kidding himself if he thinks he is going to fool anyone with the comments in todays Border.

Hey Lambo, why don't you move on and stop living in the past. You'll only make yourself sick carrying grudges like this.

If you think im Lambo, I will be Lambo just for you Travis and I will continue to say what ever I want whenever I want!

The funny thing about all this ill-feeling towards the 'Hoppers is that it was Dave Nichol who was behind your demise at North Albury....so what do you do? .....appoint him your chairman of selectors at Raiders. Watch your back....

Its obvious why Cupido has signed with Nth Albury after allegedly signing with other clubs, he realised that there is a TAB at Nth Albury and that the coach Punts as hard as he does. Travis Hodgson is kidding himself if he thinks he is going to fool anyone with the comments in todays Border.
not sticking up for cupido if he did get up front payments but why all the ammonosity towards him and nth albury. its a hard gig coaching anyone and someone will always disslike something you do. cupido might like a punt and a beer but he made it to afl so he has done something right. give him a break , if he stuffs up then give it to him, shouldnt you be happy to have an ex afl joining o and m with all the departures from the league and g.v signing heaps the tables are turning. by the way i dont know cupido but doesnt he at least deserve a chance. just a thought:confused:

the only thing he has done wrong is taking upfront payments although all have been paid back, he doesnt punt that bad anyway most of us enjoy a little flutter on the weekend and so does he, the main reason he is at nth albury is because they have landed him a good joband good on them for having that organised, lets be honest though even if u are going to hate him thats not going to change the fact that the bloke can play and no matter were he plays will be close to the best player in the comp????
thats all from me ill go back to my northern footy forum good luck to all in the o&m this season

the only thing he has done wrong is taking upfront payments although all have been paid back, he doesnt punt that bad anyway most of us enjoy a little flutter on the weekend and so does he, the main reason he is at nth albury is because they have landed him a good joband good on them for having that organised, lets be honest though even if u are going to hate him thats not going to change the fact that the bloke can play and no matter were he plays will be close to the best player in the comp????
thats all from me ill go back to my northern footy forum good luck to all in the o&m this season

Sorry mate i cant believe anything your saying, firstly because being invlolved with north albury they dont have that kind of money to throw around, as alot of people know, and secondly he doesnt have a job here, he had a job interview on thursday at a radio station, and until he lands a job he will keep on traveling....

And for the guys who are accusing each other of being the coaches of raiders and north, lets be real surely O&M coaches dont get on this rubbish forum where people can just come on and talk whatever they want to, and some guys believe it... but if they are defiantly pull there heads in because thats not professional...

Back to footy, very hard to see how teams are going to go with all the departures and not alot of gains, i hear farerro for corowa has left due to work commitments which is a huge blow, hard to say how 3rd to 9th will shape up, i think rovers will be huge improvers.. havent heard any news from the myrtleford camp as of yet? i know they are talkin to alot of players but not pen on paper as of yet...
im really hoping that some teams are going to step up to the yarrawonga and albury standard, i cant see it happening tho
Cant Wait for Round 1

couldnt care less if u dont believe me , spoke to him thurs night and he said out of his own mouth he got a phone call back and had been given the job at the radio station

(Log in to remove this ad.)

couldnt care less if u dont believe me , spoke to him thurs night and he said out of his own mouth he got a phone call back and had been given the job at the radio station
im with you chickn . give the bloke a break and for allyou negative people out their, how bout a smile and a good word here and their. if you cant say anything nice then shut up. no way that would be the nth alb or raiders coach, its weak for them whoever it is to petend like that, maybe its two guys who want to be coaches but dont have a chance in hell. :eek:

North aren't cashed up, but Ash Eames was being paid a fair bit for his cameo's. Cupido will be getting the dollars that Ash was getting plus a bit more. And I agree about the negativity on this site, far too many ego's, talk sensible footy issues or F*ck Off.

Originally Posted by chicknfeed
mate i would have to agree with u there even as a mate of his it is very annoying for
him to commit and then when something bigger comes along just take that offer instead
and not just because it was my club that is the third club he has signed with this pre season, the bloke just keeps losing respect every day.

Make up your mind chicken the blokes a loser

im with you chickn . give the bloke a break and for allyou negative people out their, how bout a smile and a good word here and their. if you cant say anything nice then shut up. no way that would be the nth alb or raiders coach, its weak for them whoever it is to petend like that, maybe its two guys who want to be coaches but dont have a chance in hell. :eek:

give the bloke a break thats not what you said in a recent post chicken

mate i would have to agree with u there even as a mate of his it is very annoying for
him to commit and then when something bigger comes along just take that offer instead
and not just because it was my club that is the third club he has signed with this pre season, the bloke just keeps losing respect every day.

did you tell what you wrote about him

spoke to a cousin at the Wang Rovers today, says he is confident that they can play finals this year with their current crop.

these are the ins and outs apparently....

outs: tyson hartwig, ben briten, wal richie, jake platfuss

in: justin hoggan, brendan sessions, jesse silver, darcy booth, josh naish

also in talks with a few other potential players and have resigned karl norman and tas clingan

good injections in the forward line with hoggan, sessions, silver and naish, and booth into the midfield. hartwig is a huge loss at chb but should allow a younger player to step up.

not sure how everyone thinks they will stack up against other clubs but they believe they can give the comp a shake
Justin Hoggan is a gun, plays above his height and is a great clubman.

North aren't cashed up, but Ash Eames was being paid a fair bit for his cameo's. Cupido will be getting the dollars that Ash was getting plus a bit more. And I agree about the negativity on this site, far too many ego's, talk sensible footy issues or F*ck Off.

good call, far too much negativity!

i reckon it's gotta be good for the league to get a player like cupido into it ... even if he is a bit of a controversial figure.

i think hoggy was talking out his a**e a bit when he said cupido was coming into his prime as a footballer (o&m is hardly the place to be if you have the ability to play afl and sanfl if you're in your prime) but there's no doubt he will attract more supporters through the gates at bunton park.

how do people think he will go in the o&m? what would be a reasonable return from him this season? 75 goals?

75 goals Thurgood, I wouldn't of thought the Hoppers midfield would give Cupido that much supply.
40 -50 would be more like it IMO.

75 goals Thurgood, I wouldn't of thought the Hoppers midfield would give Cupido that much supply.

Agree, 75 would be a stretch, around the 40 mark would be a good return, they've lost Brain and Horn from the midfield, but there's still plenty of good players working through the middle, the forwards should still get good supply, and whilst Cupido may not dominate on the scoreboard, you can bet Leslie will be rubbing his hands together having a another focal point up forward to take a bit of the heat. Leslie to kick 75, that may be on the cards.

yeah that's probably a fair call, i guess i was working on the logic that he would probably play mostly out of the goal square but i suppose if hoggy's going to play on in 2010, which from all reports he's going to, that the goal square will be mostly his domain.

cupido's supply might not be so limited if all these gun midfielders and ruckman keep leaving the comp!

heard that heta is definitely not coming back to play with the dogs and that mcclay changes his mind every day as to whether or not he stayin at albury or going to qld.

my call is i think cupido will be chb, he played down there in the sanfl and it was always that area the hoppers struggled in last yr...???

good call, far too much negativity!

i reckon it's gotta be good for the league to get a player like cupido into it ... even if he is a bit of a controversial figure.

i think hoggy was talking out his a**e a bit when he said cupido was coming into his prime as a footballer (o&m is hardly the place to be if you have the ability to play afl and sanfl if you're in your prime) but there's no doubt he will attract more supporters through the gates at bunton park.

how do people think he will go in the o&m? what would be a reasonable return from him this season? 75 goals?

Isn't is a co-incidence Cupido is going out with a person with the Thurgood surname, hence the good rapport from you Mrs THURGOOD?
I certainly won't be going to watch him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back