Ovens and Murray - Pre Season 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ovens and Murray Part 3

Danier Maher to coach Devon Meadows in the MPNFL?

Not+Sure+if+serious.jpg

a post on the sunraysia forum has brad eaton returning to irymple to coach...anyone with news of that from up here?

we are all entitled to our opinions and observations head (brett), its not a personal attack at you as from the outside i thought lavingtons coaches have done a great job over the past 2 years thats why its hard to understand why they have done this maybe weak was a bit harsh of a word possibly its EGO the word i should be using. I know it happens at all clubs but when you see a club that prides itself on junior developement and have someone do such a good job in enhancing that reputation and to see them dumped its had to understand

This so-called junior development has only come-about due to the finances drying up. If there were more cash about, the kids wouldn't have got a look-in.

Will corowa become the next myrtleford as they have just lost 5 top line players or is the new coach bring some players with him?

This so-called junior development has only come-about due to the finances drying up. If there were more cash about, the kids wouldn't have got a look-in.

You tool. The cash pot has been dry since 1997. The "so called junior development" you joke about has been going on since the late 90's. The current crop of kids were in the Lavi Little League Under 6's, 8's and 10's around that time.

Budget wise, we'll spend similar in 2011 as we did in 2001, which is something most country clubs wouldn't be able to say.

The fact the club has managed to make finals in 98 (GF), 99 (Elim), 2001 (Flag), 02 (Elim), 04 (Prelim), 05 (Flag), 06 (Prelim), 08 (GF), is not on the back of a big budget like other clubs. It's more to do with names like McKimmie, Hunt, Sanson, Doherty, Hart, Bahr, Stevens and Brown being happy to play for far less then what was on offer elsehwere.

Don't carry on like we've been spending loads of cash over recent years and decided to go for juniors cause we've run out of dosh. It's been more a case of the realisation that most of the names like the ones mentioned above are no longer around for the club to call upon.
So we think out best chance is to find the next bunch. As far as we're concerned kids like Sedgwick, McNeil, Gardiner, Edwards, Johnson x2, Duck, Yensch, Smedley, Grimmond, Jones, Sargeant, Mabon, Hamilton, Hailey, Turner etc are far better value then your average recruit.

Can anyone update me on the Corowa departures as mentioned in the Border Mail. It doesnt say where they are going

Anyone know how North Albury is going? They've been abit quiet, who have they picked up and lost??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

COME TO THE CALOUNDRA PANTHERS ON THE SUNSHINE COAST!! - POSITIONS VACANT (PREMIERS 2010)

Local, QLD or Interstate Players!! - Move to sunny Coast!!! Jobs, housing assistance available! - for more information please private message me.

Club Appointments 2011

Devon Meadows Football Club
Appointments 2011

Steve O'Brien - Senior Coach
Mick Hawkins - Reserves Coach
A decision on the appointment of the thirds coach expected shortly.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_i...sk=DETAIL&articleID=13376510&sectionID=135552

O'Brien has gone to Casey Scorpions.

http://www.scorpions.com.au/news/season-2010/obrien-lands-a-role-at-casey.html

Got a mate playing at Deavon Meadows and he asked me if Maher was any good because they are right into him to coach.

Lavington looks set to lose clint brunnenmeyer and Andrew johnston to Tyntynder..

What type of players are these two? What position do they play?

Must be offered a fair whack to relocate all the way up to Swan Hill?

Surely they wouldn't drive each week would they?Would be minimum 4 hrs I reckon.Couple of questions in regards to last couple of days in BMM-
Cupido-mentioned employment opportunities-wasn't he manager of that terrible "sports" store in Wodonga?
Wodonga-They were 5 or 6 short in the reserves most weeks last year with blokes like Mudra;Glass and Jackson playing a lot of weeks.Their losses have been well documented -are their others that haven't been mentioned?Thompson has retired;Sam Maher hasn't been mentioned and Bloom committed to Holbrook a mate told me on the weekend.The new coach has a lot of work to do just to get numbers for starters i reckon.Might it have been a mistake not getting a coach into the area until the 2nd week of November?I know he is well credentialled but logistically may have put the dogs at a disadvantage.

Surely they wouldn't drive each week would they?Would be minimum 4 hrs I reckon.Couple of questions in regards to last couple of days in BMM-
Cupido-mentioned employment opportunities-wasn't he manager of that terrible "sports" store in Wodonga?
Wodonga-They were 5 or 6 short in the reserves most weeks last year with blokes like Mudra;Glass and Jackson playing a lot of weeks.Their losses have been well documented -are their others that haven't been mentioned?Thompson has retired;Sam Maher hasn't been mentioned and Bloom committed to Holbrook a mate told me on the weekend.The new coach has a lot of work to do just to get numbers for starters i reckon.Might it have been a mistake not getting a coach into the area until the 2nd week of November?I know he is well credentialled but logistically may have put the dogs at a disadvantage.

Plenty of blokes doing it. Couple of blokes even flying in to Melbourne from Darwin then driving up to play. Big money makes blokes happy to go through it

Without having spoken to the boys, I'd say they'd travel. Brunnenmeyer has a business as a brickie in town, employs a good handful of people, so i'd say he'd wanna be here. He's a superfit onballer, will go all day.
Johnston has only just built a house in town and will be studying at TAFE to complete his qualifications for a builders licence. TAFE course is 3 nights a week, which is the nights Lavi train during the season. He's a 6'3 utility, played roles Back, Ruck and Forward in the past 3 seasons. He was in great condition up til a couple of unlucky injuries early last season. Sad to see the boys go, but good to see them heading over to play with Bunyan again.

with jay koehler returning to albury, it looks like we are all playing for second again, five months out before the season starts.. might go follow the hume league this year, looks like being a closer comp...

with jay koehler returning to albury, it looks like we are all playing for second again, five months out before the season starts.. might go follow the hume league this year, looks like being a closer comp...

not with the way Holbrook are recruiting:p:p

be interested to see if this New North Eastern Football league starting involving the Canberra, QAFL and the 4 AFL Ressies sides will affect the O and M. Both with players leaving the O and M for the attractive big $$ and exposure of this new set up as well as recruiting into the O & M, won't affect next year i wouldn't think but in coming years it will be interesting.

Rumours out of Yarras camp recently delisted Ranga Ederickrama link to the pigeons would be a massive signing and a very handy midfield pick up for the new coaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back