Ovens and Murray - Pre Season 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ovens and Murray Part 3

Anyone got any ideas where the good players from Corowa are heading? Dave Clark signed with benalla in the GV, who is everyone else playing for?

not with the way Holbrook are recruiting:p:p

be interested to see if this New North Eastern Football league starting involving the Canberra, QAFL and the 4 AFL Ressies sides will affect the O and M. Both with players leaving the O and M for the attractive big $$ and exposure of this new set up as well as recruiting into the O & M, won't affect next year i wouldn't think but in coming years it will be interesting.
i doubt any of the o and m clubs could compete physically or financially in the big league. look at wagga tigers big fail a few years back,

i doubt any of the o and m clubs could compete physically or financially in the big league. look at wagga tigers big fail a few years back,

i think what orange peeler whas referring to was o & m players leaving to play at a higher standard for more exposure and $$. Not for an actual side from the area to compete in the comp. There are definately some good sides in the o & m although a long way off matching it with state league sides, no club would have the $$ or depth to compete with those sides.

People
Might find this interesting.
http://www.bordermail.com.au/news/l...ralian-rules/the-bushie-allstars/2001193.aspx

It's a pretty good team! Lots of big blokes.
I can only presume the lack of players like Shir and Ednie is becuase it's based more on AFL careers, which is interesting. What has happened to Kane Tenace??

Kane Tenace is playing in the sanfl for glenlg which finished equal 1st but lost in the semi to woodville west torrence. Not to sure how he did. I don't think he has to flash so might head back home?:rolleyes:

People
Might find this interesting.
http://www.bordermail.com.au/news/l...ralian-rules/the-bushie-allstars/2001193.aspx

It's a pretty good team! Lots of big blokes.
I can only presume the lack of players like Shir and Ednie is becuase it's based more on AFL careers, which is interesting. What has happened to Kane Tenace??

Don't know how Tenace made the side, but the rest is strong. Maybe I'm just rememberring Tenace's bad points, but surely Tom Rockliff has already surpassed him (I know they had a 25 AFL games requirement)...

Don't know how Tenace made the side, but the rest is strong. Maybe I'm just rememberring Tenace's bad points, but surely Tom Rockliff has already surpassed him (I know they had a 25 AFL games requirement)...

Gotta agree with you there Nonch and TR will continue onto far bigger and better things than KT....

Joel Smith back to Yarrawonga.. Obviously getting on a bit, but still dominated for Balwyn and will love the big grounds of the O&M.

Can anyone deny or confirm Wodonga Bulldogs holding an sos meeting??
To do with money??

Perhaps the debenture holders called in their money!!!!

Have made some very ordinary calls on spending over recent years but possibly still recovering from the 2004 spendathon that reaped a flag but at a big cost.

Can anyone deny or confirm Wodonga Bulldogs holding an sos meeting??
To do with money??

unless your in the inner sanctum at footy clubs, money speculation has been and will always be exactly that...speculation..... There is always rumours about what clubs are spending, financial situations etc.....(albury yarra, lavi come immediately to mind)
How is the rest of the league shaping up seems the standard may drop a bit this year with the gap between the top 3 and bottom 3 expected to be huge this year. Looks as though there is going to be a more than usual amount of player turnover this year.

How is the rest of the league shaping up seems the standard may drop a bit this year with the gap between the top 3 and bottom 3 expected to be huge this year. Looks as though there is going to be a more than usual amount of player turnover this year.

unfortunately this seems to be bang on the money. (pardon the pun)

Top 3 at this stage look like

Albury >>>> daylight >>>>>> Yarra & Wang Rovers.

I reckon Wang will make the five as well at the expense of either the Hoppers or more probably the Raiders.

Wodonga, Corowa-Rutherglen & Myrtleford to all struggle (but we should see some crackers between the three sides when they play each other)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

unless your in the inner sanctum at footy clubs, money speculation has been and will always be exactly that...speculation..... There is always rumours about what clubs are spending, financial situations etc.....(albury yarra, lavi come immediately to mind)

How does Lavi join Albury and Yarra all of sudden?

How does Lavi join Albury and Yarra all of sudden?

Seems RHG is in a time warp before the year 2000 when Lavi would have competed financially but I would not think they would be in the top 8 spenders since 2001.

I believe you got $50.00 a game for your first 105 games Heads 16.

But the reserves coach is now the highest paid employee at the club now lol.....

the exact opposite is what i was saying there boys. everyone makes comments and innuendo about clubs financial situations Albury and Yarra at one end people will always speculate what they spend. However i bought Lavi into because there has been rumours around for years that Lavi are broke but unless you are in the inner sanctum it's all speculation and no one outside will ever know. I was making the point at both ends of the spectrum. Not being disrespectful to anyone more so to the people making unfound comments that they will never know jack shite about

Seems RHG is in a time warp before the year 2000 when Lavi would have competed financially but I would not think they would be in the top 8 spenders since 2001.

I believe you got $50.00 a game for your first 105 games Heads 16.

But the reserves coach is now the highest paid employee at the club now lol.....
Think I only played 106... but i'd had an increase in contract at the beginning of 05. Sure enough for the next 3 seasons I managed 8, 1 and 11 games respectively, so it didn't have huge impact on my account balance. As ressies coach i think i figured it out that I'm paid about $5 and hour for my 'expertise'.

RHG - i wouldn't suggest Lavi has been broke, a decision was made some 12-13 years ago that players were being paid too much. The late Richard Hamilton was the brains behind our current pay structure and to this day it remains with some modifications.

Think I only played 106... but i'd had an increase in contract at the beginning of 05. Sure enough for the next 3 seasons I managed 8, 1 and 11 games respectively, so it didn't have huge impact on my account balance. As ressies coach i think i figured it out that I'm paid about $5 and hour for my 'expertise'.

RHG - i wouldn't suggest Lavi has been broke, a decision was made some 12-13 years ago that players were being paid too much. The late Richard Hamilton was the brains behind our current pay structure and to this day it remains with some modifications.

I'm not saying they are head i am saying that there are rumours and innuendo that they are (from people not in the know). I for one don't believe it.

And dare I say worth every bit of that $5 per hour!!!!!!!!!

Joel smith signed with yarra last night
Looks like a few of the Yarra players leaving has given the pigeons a bit of dough to play with. Joel Smith will be a good player just a matter of getting him on the park fully fit. He has been struggling with his body recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back