Pacquiao v Clottey

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 4, 2003
Portress
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
This Sunday on PPV ... i doubt any venues in Adelaide will show it so i will be buying it.

Some people tend to think Clottey has a chance. I personally think Pac Man will stop him and do so within 8 rounds. Way too many weapons for Clottey who is a warrior but not in the same class...

Beauty of boxing is all thats needed is one punch (so i could be wrong).

Im hoping for pac win to keep alive the dream of a pac v floyd fight.

Clottey has next to no chance in my view, Manny should have far too much class for the tough Ghanaian.

Mosley has a much better chance of defeating Mayweather than Clottey does of defeating Manny, at least in my opinion.

Having said that, it wouldn't surprise me if it goes to the scorecards, as Clottey is a tough fighter who knows how to take a punch.

Also, as you say, it would be great to see the PBF-Manny fight later in the year, assuming both win their respective matches.

Just another fight on the road to a Mayweather fight hopefully, can't see Cottey worrying Manny at all, as you say though, might go the distance.

Should be a similar fight to Darchinyans' the other, too classy, but with an opponent who is tough to knock out.

I hope Mayweather beats Mosely too, or else Mayweather may retire (again).

Clottey is at a distinct disadvantage given the size of his bulbous noggin... surely with a target that big Manny cannot lose.

I'm on Pacquiao to stop Clottey @ $1.70 and the fight to go under 9.5 rounds @ $2.50.

Pacquiao once again showed why he's the best. I'm pretty disappointed in Clottey for just covering his face for the whole fight even after his corner kept telling him that he'd lost every round and needed to throw punches. It was watching Manny hit a heavy bag for 12 rounds.

1231 punches to 399!

Pac man, just a pure class above Clottey. Easy shut out, moving in n out with some nice body shots. Clottey gave an honest effort tho.

Cowboys Stadium really looks like an awesome stadium! 50,000 fans were there to watch! I doubt Mayweather could draw 50k fans.
Manny has to fight floyd now, or winner of floyd/mosley which i'm thinking is gonna be floyd. They need to work out this drug testing saga and get it on.

Fight went pretty much as expected.

Pacquiao was always going to throw a million punches, it's the only way to beat someone with such a tight defense. Clottey knew if he opened up he would get stopped, he got stunned a few times when Manny landed flush, and I said it in the 6th round when Clottey landed on Pac and he didn't budge, that Clottey wouldn't open up to try to win the fight, he would rather finish on his feet and sustain his reputation as a very tough, sturdy fighter.

Anyway, Pacquiao showed tonight that he has the workrate and output to get around a tight defense. It was a tune-up for Floyd. Yes, Floyd is a helluva lot faster, better and busier in the ring, but it was a good test for Manny.

Always hard to disagree with what helfire writes in his boxing analyses.

Not a bad fight from a neutral viewpoint

both fighters took some heat from the other

Well, it wasw largely what I expected, in that there was plenty of action from Manny and very little from Clottey.

The thing that impressed me most about Manny was that he was just relentless. Even when he was taking some good shots from Clottey, he never took a backwards step.

Great fighter, and a class above Clottey.

Having said that, you have to give it to Clottey for sticking it out until the end, it was a good effort from him considering the talents of Pacquiao.

I'm now looking forward to the PBF-Shane fight, should be interesting.

Lol, Clottey's trainer was almost begging him to throw a punch. Not that hard to stick it out when you're doing nothing but walking backwards for 12 rounds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol, Clottey's trainer was almost begging him to throw a punch. Not that hard to stick it out when you're doing nothing but walking backwards for 12 rounds.

which is why it was a good warm up for any potential mayweather fight

mayweather has a better defence and counter punch though

heard this one was a bit disappointing, wanted to watch it but was working so i'll have to look up a replay one day. some say clottey just showed up for the pay day...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back