Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
After what was a historic weekend of Jones winning the HW belt, we've essentially been given confirmation from all three parties that Jones v Miocic will headline UFC 290 at Fight Week in July. So I thought it would be fun to start discussing this much anticipated match up. Who wins and how does he do it?

Will we see more of a challenge from Stipe than Cyril provided or is Jones just on another level and will he also make this fight look easy? Do we get to see more of Jones' striking since Stipe is a wrestler? Who would be next for Jones if he wins? Does a win here put the wheels in motion to see a Jones v Ngannou match up? There's so many talking points with this one.

Discuss.

After what was a historic weekend of Jones winning the HW belt, we've essentially been given confirmation from all three parties that Jones v Miocic will headline UFC 290 at Fight Week in July. So I thought it would be fun to start discussing this much anticipated match up. Who wins and how does he do it?

Will we see more of a challenge from Stipe than Cyril provided or is Jones just on another level and will he also make this fight look easy? Do we get to see more of Jones' striking since Stipe is a wrestler? Who would be next for Jones if he wins? Does a win here put the wheels in motion to see a Jones v Ngannou match up? There's so many talking points with this one.

Discuss.
Let's get to 286 first.

Jones fairly easy I would imagine. Probably not as fast as he beat Gane but I think he gets a finish.
Jones has come to heavyweight at the perfect time. Doubt anyone can really test him unless he gets bored and unmotivated again like the end of his LHW run and is up against Pavlovich or someone with ridiculous knockout power

Hard to think about this with so much happening for the rest of my month, let alone what's to come in April-June.

First impression much the same as everyone else: Jones has clearly come back well and his skillset still works well at HW. With that knowledge, a 40 year old Stipe isn't testing him at all. It would have been a massive fight post UFC 241.

On that, 2012-13 era Velasquez vs prime Jones would have been a sight to see. A prime Werdum perhaps the only other HW I can see challenging JJ.

Back