Autopsy Patrick Dangerfield approached to join the AFL Commission

Remove this Banner Ad

FMD, the A(V)FL gets wackier by day. Just eff off Gil, this just may be the dumbest and most dangerous thought bubble of the lot even dumber than AFLX and Wildcard round.

Conflict of interest is the pulsating red flag I see on the mention of this lunacy.

Think Gil has a hard on for Patrick

If Danger gets on and pushed his cause for shorter games then nothing is more certain than he’s pushing his own agenda.
Shorter games were absolutely trash during Covid and they will lose the fans in an absolute droves if they ever go down that path.

Lucky for us, I doubt the TV networks would ever accept that push.
There is talk tv wouldn’t mind shorter games like NRL, potentially 2 on a Friday/Saturday night? but let’s hope this never happens.

Dangerfield wants shorter games. Maybe to suit his style of burst play. But absolutely ridiculous for the fan that makes a big effort to get to a match sometimes, drag the kids, get home late from night games,( matches start too late) long travel. We’ve already shortened the game from 25 to 20 minutes. There should be a fans representation before a player who is only there for a short time, a fan is there for life. But Gil has no concept of a ‘common man’ he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and has been flaunting that ever since. He’s already holidayed in the UK them back to the Middle East this winter alone! The jumper clashes are still pathetic, umpires often wearing yellow at Richmond games, ‘push in the back’ is a disaster, no consistency on ‘dissent’ or ‘holding the ball’ but he is still paid millions to holiday around the world. A player could miss a once in a lifetime Grand final because of ‘protocols’? We could go on.
You had me until the "protocols" bit.

Something something CFL, something something Steve Hocking, something something Gerard Whateley, something something Cheat Ground, something something "we should leave the AFL and form our own comp with Darwin and Tiwi Islands"..........
Don't think anyone would complain if Geelong did that, tbh.

How much would
You had me until the "protocols" bit.
you hate to see what happened to Hopper on Friday night happen to say Max Gawn on preliminary final day and he being ok, but having to miss the GF because of over zealous concussion protocols?

How much would

you hate to see what happened to Hopper on Friday night happen to say Max Gawn on preliminary final day and he being ok, but having to miss the GF because of over zealous concussion protocols?
I rather a player miss is it, than a player take the field and end up dead or permanently disabled.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just have the bye like they did in 2021. It’s not hard.
Great idea.

So on the unlikely chance that a player gets a head knock that initially seems like concussion but is later to be found to be ok, whose team qualified for the grand final - lets delay the Grand Final by one week.

Makes perfect sense. This happens a couple of times a year, and there are only 207 games each year, so obviously a very big issue.

But now I think about it - what if a player has to miss a prelim? Yep, they are pretty important - lets have a bye the week before prelims.

Ahh - elimination final - only one chance - probably need to have a bye the week before it in case someone gets a head injured.

Come to think of it - finalist are normally decided in the last round of the season. To give every player the opportunity to play, there should be a bye between the last two rounds of the season.

But hang on - why are we only worried about head knocks? What if a player has a sore hamstring, surely they should be given time to get right. Maybe we start doing 3 weeks off in-between each game. Or maybe 6 weeks - should Daicos really miss out on a Brownlow - lets make it 6 weeks between games.

I remember Tomlison at Melbourne did his knee in May of 2021 and missed the grand final. That should not happen. They should delay each season so nobody misses the once in a lifetime chance to play in a grand final.

Perfect. No more games so players don't miss out on playing. Sounds like a great idea. Your logic is amazing.

Great idea.

So on the unlikely chance that a player gets a head knock that initially seems like concussion but is later to be found to be ok, whose team qualified for the grand final - lets delay the Grand Final by one week.

Makes perfect sense. This happens a couple of times a year, and there are only 207 games each year, so obviously a very big issue.

But now I think about it - what if a player has to miss a prelim? Yep, they are pretty important - lets have a bye the week before prelims.

Ahh - elimination final - only one chance - probably need to have a bye the week before it in case someone gets a head injured.

Come to think of it - finalist are normally decided in the last round of the season. To give every player the opportunity to play, there should be a bye between the last two rounds of the season.

But hang on - why are we only worried about head knocks? What if a player has a sore hamstring, surely they should be given time to get right. Maybe we start doing 3 weeks off in-between each game. Or maybe 6 weeks - should Daicos really miss out on a Brownlow - lets make it 6 weeks between games.

I remember Tomlison at Melbourne did his knee in May of 2021 and missed the grand final. That should not happen. They should delay each season so nobody misses the once in a lifetime chance to play in a grand final.

Perfect. No more games so players don't miss out on playing. Sounds like a great idea. Your logic is amazing.
When it is one like Jacob Hoppers the others night, it was overzealous officials reacting to the Port Adelaide fine that could rob a player of his chance to win something he has set as his life’s challenge. There is a certain risk involved in football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back