Opinion Patrick Karnezis - the forgotten forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Retiring from AFL is different from retiring from all footy, if he really wanted to keep playing AFL he would have requested a trade back to WA. I do remember him retiring though, he wasn't delisted.

I also remember a year or 2 after we let him go. There was talk we thinking of Rooking him

Karnesis is an interesting one for 2015 because he is currently living on that dangerous word "potential". He looks to have offensive tricks when you watch him in the VFL. Flip side he doesn't offer much defensively. Trick will be can he translate some of that to the AFL stage.

One to watch for sure but he is still a long way for establishing himself in our 22. I think 2015 will be a make or break season for him . He will get chances so hope he takes them

He had No Engine and That was the Major Reason why he did not play AFL this year.

If he has a Full Pre-Season with no Injuries we should have a better idea

He had No Engine and That was the Major Reason why he did not play AFL this year.

If he has a Full Pre-Season with no Injuries we should have a better idea
Agree Dave, a full pre season will find out of he has something to offer. If he can step up could be important with out loss of experienced players. We need a few of our less experienced types who have a number of years in the system to improve a lot.

I reckon Clokey could give Hawkins a masterclass in body positioning and marking in general, the difference is how the ball is delivered to Hawkins. He gets the ball "put to his advantage" in most situations whereas Clokey has to try and beat two blokes when the ball is usually kicked to one of his opponents!
One thing that Hawkins has done though is improve his kicking....Clokey's is getting better too so lets hope it continues to improve in the years to come.

Agree with the disposal coming in but I think Hawkins is superior in using his size.

Just watch the Geelong games (even now that they're not that good) they move the ball quickly and they kick it to Hawkin's advantage. Look and see how many times he competes against multiple opponents. That's why they've gone so hard with Mitch Clarke, they know Hawkins needs help down there and they don't want him competing with double teaming. Cloke just gets over run all the time with multiple opponents.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back