Phanton draft - 4 rounds

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice read Ant. Love a couple of the movers like Ballantyne and Stopp. Although I didnt have Stopp v high in mine I think he has been vastly under hyped. Notwithstanding he lacks a little height - his leap is sensational.

Hurley & Rockcliffe would be an awesome result for Carlton. Well done Ant, and a great read.

Not so certain i'd agree so fully with the second part of that equation anymore HBF. Definitely liking the 'buzz' on young Jarred Blight (real X-factor) and would prefer him to Rockliff at this stage.

Personally i think Fremantle will avoid short people.

We have been criticised in the past for not having enough height through the midfield.

If we go small at pick 3 (Daniel Rich). I don't think we'll go under 180cm for the remainder of the draft.

I think in the scenario listed that we would be more likely to take a chance on Swift than take Hill in the first round. Wells has a history of taking highly rated U16 players that have been injured and subsequently fallen down ratings in their U18 year.

I would be interested to know the reason for the love for Stephen Hill on this board, particularly from the WA based posters (Sinepari?). He just doesn't do it for me based on the few U18 champ games that I saw.

Great phantom though. Well done.

Pretty good effort ant. Always difficult to get order correct. IMO Yarran will not go top 10 and Sidebottom is doubtful. Also some claring omissions IMO. Zaharakis will go low round 2 and Mitch Brown (read on another post that he measured 195 at screening) will now go low round 1 or high round 2.

Hartlett is a certainty to go top 10.

Pretty good effort ant. Always difficult to get order correct. IMO Yarran will not go top 10 and Sidebottom is doubtful. Also some claring omissions IMO. Zaharakis will go low round 2 and Mitch Brown (read on another post that he measured 195 at screening) will now go low round 1 or high round 2.

Why?

Well thats how it is , so many players and a lot fewer postions.
One thing with Mitch Brown his may have grown but his endurance testing at screening was , well to put it bluntly, very ordinary.
Guess we will see. I probably should have him in in round 3 or 4.
Last year i could come up with 2 or 3 combos that i would have been happy with. This year i could more than likely do 4 or 5 slightly different attempts and be happy with all of them.
That is just how it looks this year.:)

From my list, Brown's endurance test more than stacks up in comparison to other talls you have listed. Not very ordinary as you 'bluntly' stated.

Cornelious 10.11 (terrible beep - he should go higher but won't now)
Zengstock 10.2 (even worse - rookie at best now)
McKernan 12.11
Lisle 12.2
Roughhead 12.9
Vickery 11.4
Brown 13.1
Watts 13.6
Johnston 13.8

From my list, Brown's endurance test more than stacks up in comparison to other talls you have listed. Not very ordinary as you 'bluntly' stated.

McKernan 12.11
Lisle 12.2
Roughhead 12.9
Vickery 11.4
Brown 13.1
Watts 13.6
Johnston 13.8

Where did you get these numbers from? Vickery did a horrible time if these are in fact correct.

McKernan 12.11
Lisle 12.2
Roughhead 12.9
Vickery 11.4
Brown 13.1
Watts 13.6
Johnston 13.8

Well time will tell and we will see where is drafted. I had a different time for Browns beep but mine may be a misprint.Like i said i probaly should have put him in somewhere but i didnt.
Until i see your expert effort all i can say is it is easy to sit on the sidelines and take cheap shots :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have to wonder in any of you really know what you are talking about or just guessing. It has been said that hurley is slow but he no slower than half of the kids that are being rapped up (20 metre sprint hurley.3.11, ziebell 3.11,cornelius,3.12,rockliff 3.17, mitch robinson 3.18 sidebottom 3.22 so tell me why is hurley slow ???

I have to wonder in any of you really know what you are talking about or just guessing. It has been said that hurley is slow but he no slower than half of the kids that are being rapped up (20 metre sprint hurley.3.11, ziebell 3.11,cornelius,3.12,rockliff 3.17, mitch robinson 3.18 sidebottom 3.22 so tell me why is hurley slow ???

Where did you get those times from? In particular Robinsons and Sidebottoms.

McKernan 12.11
Lisle 12.2
Roughhead 12.9
Vickery 11.4
Brown 13.1
Watts 13.6
Johnston 13.8

Rioli tested very badly in the beep test at last year's draft camp and still went first round. The results of a beep test are only one factor in where a club rates a particular player in the draft. To say that Cornelius and Zengstock will drop just because of bad beep test results is stretching it a bit, IMHO.

geez its tough this year to predict.

I've just read 5 mock drafts off this board....and although everyone seems to have the same guys going first round, everyone has them in different order after the first 4.

Will be an interesting blend between teams going for best available and best required to fill a hole.

Think as it is a bit of a raffle, many teams will actually look towards filling deficiencies in their team.

Rioli tested very badly in the beep test at last year's draft camp and still went first round. The results of a beep test are only one factor in where a club rates a particular player in the draft. To say that Cornelius and Zengstock will drop just because of bad beep test results is stretching it a bit, IMHO.

I also remember a guy a few years back pretty much break all the speed records yet didnt even get selected. May have been rookied.

Don't know how much the selectors read into these results. The week may simply be an opportunity for selectors to meet players, and perhaps selectors are only focussing on certain aspects of a player.

That said, you would think the beep test would be an important consideration. You don't want a player with no tank.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back