Toast Pick #35: Welcome to the kennel Marcus Adams

Remove this Banner Ad

"The Specimen".... You just gotta love that. Don't you just love Bevo, and with that handle bar mo last night how cool did he look as well.

That means we now have "The Specimen" and "The Package", I can just imagine the commentators loving this next year.

Great highlights, cant wait to see him get time under a professional coaching environment, this guy looks a steal to me, will slot straight in down back and relieves that pressure we faced with losing a few of our older guys.

looks like Dale Morris on steroids with a bigger kick in his highlights. "A physical handful". Hard not to like that kind of prospect and WA's produced some high quality mature key backs over the years. H Taylor and J Mcgovern i'm looking at you
Watching his highlight package on the club website I was rapt with his one grab marks in defence. It totally reminded me of West Coasts McGovern.

The package and the specimen. :-O

I am thinking the super-saiyan version of Easton Wood. If he does look to play the Wood role, it might free up Wood to go forward? Because I just keep thinking of what Woody could do up forward with his hand magnets and booming kick.

I love the way this guy uses his body in the air, it is Hoganesque.

Seems to be a hard trait to learn too (well at least for a couple former kpp's we've had).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The package and the specimen. :-O

I am thinking the super-saiyan version of Easton Wood. If he does look to play the Wood role, it might free up Wood to go forward? Because I just keep thinking of what Woody could do up forward with his hand magnets and booming kick.
Why use Wood forward instead of Adams himself when Adams has experience up forward and is a bigger object? FWIW he is taller than McGovern, he could be exactly that sort of player for us down back.

http://www.wafl.com.au/players/view/3970 Adams WAFL stats/game logs

Why use Wood forward instead of Adams himself when Adams has experience up forward and is a bigger object? FWIW he is taller than McGovern, he could be exactly that sort of player for us down back.

http://www.wafl.com.au/players/view/3970 Adams WAFL stats/game logs

Dunno. Maybe just seduced by Woods marking prowess - with a run at the ball, from any angle he just throws himself up there and grabs it. I feel like he would be an extremely difficult matchup. hey, we got options now.

This was an interesting summary from one poster on the Freo board....gee they wanted him badly over there.

"Should definitely have delisted Vandeleur at the end of last year though, and swapped him over for a similar type of player with a higher ceiling in Adams. Vandeleur was just never going to cut it and it was clearly a case of flogging a dead horse. If Adams had have attended the draft combine this year he would have finished 1st in the standing vertical jump, 4th in the running vertical jump and 5th in the 20 metre sprint. It is hard to fathom how last year the recruiters could neglect to draft a bloke of his Herculean size, who moves like that and who was right under their noses. On top of that, last year was his first season of footy in 3 seasons after missing 2012 and 2013 due to a severe case of osteitis pubis, so the potential for considerable growth was clearly there."

This was an interesting summary from one poster on the Freo board....gee they wanted him badly over there.

"Should definitely have delisted Vandeleur at the end of last year though, and swapped him over for a similar type of player with a higher ceiling in Adams. Vandeleur was just never going to cut it and it was clearly a case of flogging a dead horse. If Adams had have attended the draft combine this year he would have finished 1st in the standing vertical jump, 4th in the running vertical jump and 5th in the 20 metre sprint. It is hard to fathom how last year the recruiters could neglect to draft a bloke of his Herculean size, who moves like that and who was right under their noses. On top of that, last year was his first season of footy in 3 seasons after missing 2012 and 2013 due to a severe case of osteitis pubis, so the potential for considerable growth was clearly there."
Seriously good numbers, no wonder we were right into him.

Sounds like he is a more powerful athlete than stringer. Imagine stringer and adams in an intra club either on each other or playing forward on different teams. Would make for some exciting viewing.

He was the player I wanted us to take in this draft. Couldn't believe Freo and bombers didn't take him! Got good mail about them taking him in the 20's but they opted for midfield sliders.... thank god!
Great pick! And I hope he loves the dogs as much as we will love him.

Very clever pick - I daresay Freo would have jumped onto him which explains why you pulled the pin early. He's a thumping kick and a hulking body, but he's versatile and can take the smalls too. He'll play a lot of footy for you next year.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back