Picola DFL expansion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Could this be the end for Wunghnu?

Rosco5 said:
On the Wunghnu subject, I think Yarroweyah only beat them on the weekend by 2 points so there must be another struggler in the Picola DFL. !!

They were wrong those scores, Wunghnu actually played Mathoura and got beaten...

Is Jeff Gehring (or however you spell his surname, the bloke who kicked that massive goal at Moorabbin years ago?) coaching Deni Rovers?

Tim the Toolman said:
Is Jeff Gehring (or however you spell his surname, the bloke who kicked that massive goal at Moorabbin years ago?) coaching Deni Rovers?

I think you Mean Ferring.Bombed a torpedo from the centre in 1983.

Kooley said:
I think you Mean Ferring.Bombed a torpedo from the centre in 1983.

Even Fehring...had been poorly treated by the umpires that day, and then finally got one and let out all his frustration in one kick...

bradrowe#32 said:
What is Perry Meka's reputation? I have heard stories about his time with Tongala.

I believe he is coaching Ardmona in the KDFL this year.
I first came across him with a left hook to the chin during my first season at Rochy when he was playing FF at Mooroopna. The left hook was to my chin as I was playing FB. Kicked a few tons, good full forward and was the first to shout a beer after the game. Didn't see much of him until he was at Ardmona and then went to Wunghnu last year and back to Ardy as coach this year. I didn't find him too bad a bloke but by crikey I've met some people who haven't got much time for him for various reason .....

On the 5th of May, 2005 at 12:31am and on the 16th of May, 2005 at 12:28am, I posted some comments on this website about Perry Meka & Jasmin Barycska. I unreservedly retract those statements and apologise to Perry & Jasmin for any hurt and embarrasment that I may have caused.

Yours Faithfully
Wayde Petersen.

i have been following this team's fortunes this season, checking the scores in the paper every weekend. earlier this season they were beaten by 50+goals 3 weeks in a row! this club has been down and out for as long as i remember. if theres anyone out there from the club or league.... what is going on?

ormond-allen said:
i have been following this team's fortunes this season, checking the scores in the paper every weekend. earlier this season they were beaten by 50+goals 3 weeks in a row! this club has been down and out for as long as i remember. if theres anyone out there from the club or league.... what is going on?

Where abouts are they located

ormond-allen said:

Why don't you pull on the boots for them, Ormond-Allen????

jmain14 said:
bit old now I guess. played his last game at adelaide about 8 years ago or something didn't he??

Ormond-Allen would walk into that side, no questions asked. He could have a walking frame and crippling arthritis and still get a game by the sounds of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just been on www.countryfootyscores.com....

wunghnu have had 3 of the top 5 biggest scores in country victoria kicked against them this year. this is embarrassing.

CALLING ALL PLAYERS!!!!

lets start a recruiting drive. anyone interested in pulling the boots on for WFC and help pull them out of this rut?

the Old North Horsham ground is no longer used for any football matches last team to use it was Taylors lake when their sheds got burnt down
now used by wimmera Umpires association as a training base.
the old Scoreboards gone, their is 2 ovals its still used for Cricket and soccor
want another long name in the old Northern Mallee ya had TGP Tempy Goyura-Patchewollock who Merged prior to the new Mallee Football League
and became Ouyen United TGP were the Tigers

the Old North Horsham ground is no longer used for any football matches last team to use it was Taylors lake when their sheds got burnt down
now used by wimmera Umpires association as a training base.
the old Scoreboards gone, their is 2 ovals its still used for Cricket and soccor
want another long name in the old Northern Mallee ya had TGP Tempy Goyura-Patchewollock who Merged prior to the new Mallee Football League
and became Ouyen United TGP were the Tigers

I thought this thread was dead Andyt, just popped up on MyBigFooty !!

Hey I havent reed anything you talked about lol
but i played them a couple of times in the under 17 and 4ths
and we smash them each time
but Wunghnu is a club that every one should respect
They get smshed eeach week and come back the next week for more
would think it will be the end
but they did bet bloody berrigan bloody wunghnu lol

Sorry ment too say that Wunghnu wouldnt end
When was the last time they made fianls anyway ??

Wunghnu lost the 1987 Grand Final to Barooga.
Darren Turner kicked 130 goals for them that year.

Their best year since was in 1993 when they finished 6th with 6 wins.

Wunghnu lost the 1987 Grand Final to Barooga.
Darren Turner kicked 130 goals for them that year.

Their best year since was in 1993 when they finished 6th with 6 wins.

I thought they had a pretty good year in about 1998? Ebbo kicked 100 and nearly made the finals.

i dont think that this is the end for the smallest sheep station :) they are the club that will hang in there. they have some young talent and will still be round for a while

It seems to be a bit of a trend in the PDFL that we cannot possibly leave things the way they are for too long!

Already there is talk of Wunghnu looking to play in the KDFL. Not sure if that is the answer for the Pies.

Names like Tocumwal and Congupna have been linked with 'dropping down,' the PDFL seems to be the place to go.

Hay will probably ring the door bell yet again.

What are people's thoughts on this?

I'd like to see Congupna in the SE, being a Tungamah League tragic!

If Tocumwal are seriously looking at coming down also it could spell the start of the end of the MFL...

Two ten team divisions would be ideal.

Not sure about Toc dropping down, I think that's ridiculous. They won the Murray League flag last year and are obviously struggling this year due to lack of funds, players leaving I can only presume? I really don't know.

What happens in the next 2-3 years when they recruit players again? The only question will be can they recruit the same sort of players playing in a lower league? If they can one would think they should stay where they are? All clubs go through ups and downs. Just seems silly to me to drop down a league because you struggle one year after you win a flag!?

Agree that the ideal would be two 10 team divisions and the set up of the two divisions allows for that growth. Important to make sure clubs entering either division suit the bill. For mine geographics is pretty high up there. The one real bonus with the split has been reduced travel time and costs. Also clubs that are close geographically build up great rivalries which tend to generate pretty good dollars as well as more enjoyment for players and members.

Don't see any need to rush a change the 8/9 set up working very well only change if/when the right clubs approach, if we are granted that luxury.

As for Toc maybe they are in a similar situation to what Berrigan and Jerilderie were in when they "dropped down" and they are fitting in really well in the NW. But I don't know their circumstances and nothing official only rumour.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back