Picola District Football League, general thread mk II.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know its way too early but is anyone willing to have a go at the 2009 ladder positions. It always generates a bit of discussion!

North-West

Strathmerton (Great improvement last year may get a reward for it now)
Deni Rovers (Bode has built this side up a long way)
Jerilderie (Found their feet and should be a contender)
Blighty (Would be lots higher if Schollar was staying)
Berrigan (May sneak in)
Picola Utd (Walker out, where have all their Premiership 3rds gone?)
Yarroweyah (Had some good 3rds teams, but probably not yet)
Mathoura (Should post a few more wins)
Wunghnu (Big chance to build some confidence)

South-East

Tungamah (Guys should get behind Doddy & have another go)
Shepp East (I wonder how many of them played in the 06 flag, not many)
Katandra (Young blokes with a bit more experience)
Waaia (Perennial, keep Meylands, Gilmores and Scott = good side)
Dookie Utd (Will Ozzy keep them together)
Katunga (Still on the up, but tough comp)
Katamatite (Like Katunga, but Sam is at the Kangas!)
Rennie (to much of an unknown for me to try and place)

I honestly think the bottom side in each comp may post 5-6 wins for the year. Which means things could be pretty even across the board.

Any thoughts on the two posts above yours?

heard a bit of a whisper the other day that herbie meyland was off to numurkah. fair bit of cash involved as well aparently. anyone else heard this?

heard a bit of a whisper the other day that herbie meyland was off to numurkah. fair bit of cash involved as well aparently. anyone else heard this?

Talk in the Ovens & King League that Hearn & Haedbich are on the move from Tungamah, how did these guys go this season, what position would they play???

was talking to one of the numurkah boys and they seem to think they have signed him, but from what i've heard it's not alot of cash.

Talk in the Ovens & King League that Hearn & Haedbich are on the move from Tungamah, how did these guys go this season, what position would they play???
hearn is a midfielder/defender he is a gud tough player. and haebich im guessing duane????? is a good little goal sneak kicked ova 70 goals this year i think

yeh you could be right there. i heard he was offered near a grand a game. dunno how much truth there is to this tho.

He'll be a good pick up no arguments about that BUT to be offered near a grand is just stupidity on behalf of numurkah,
I reckon he would be good for $200,
Murray league will have more competitive sides so he wont always be able to kick his 7 goals or so a week regularly
He will still be a very good player but definately not worth that much.

Honestly nothing against Herbie and this certainly isn't directed toward him , but the amount of footballers, especially in the PDFL that are putting their hand out for dough, who are not rated at all by the general footballing public, yet do a good job of selling themselves, brown nosing, is getting beyond a joke and ruining clubs.
There is plenty of people who are getting $ 150 - $ 200 at clubs, and contribute nothing further, that would not even come into consideration, if a best of PDFL side was selected, or who are rated within their clubs 5 best players.
Personally find extremely hard to belive the $$$ amount being rumoured for Herb and would think that if he leaves Waaia it would simply be a case of him just wanting to have a go at a better standard of footy whilst in his prime and good luck to him.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

He'll be a good pick up no arguments about that BUT to be offered near a grand is just stupidity on behalf of numurkah,
Murray league will have more competitive sides so he wont always be able to kick his 7 goals or so a week regularly

I heard that both the Meyland boys were on the move to Numurkah. The figure i heard was 700 a game. Don't know weather that was for both or just herby, and i don't think herby is the type of guy to demand anything from anyone. Personally i think, if it's true, he would of just accepted an offer, not demanded it.

I think thats exactly right. the sum that i heard was 1400 a game but not sure how true that is. no offence to herby but a club could get a very very good quality player for that amount of money. i hope herby does well next year and that he does kick a few goals for numurkah.

does anyone know if herby has gone up to the tribuneral for his report against katandra in the prelim final? i heard that he still hasnt gone up for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has any team started their Pre_Season training as yet??? If so how are the numbers looking??
Dooks start tonight.....

mate it was a pretty big punch it split him open. i dont think he was takin a dive.

I reckon any thing that comes LAWLESS'S way he deserves..... He would have to be the Biggest mouth in football..... Hope it hurt ya wanka...

tunga r lookin gud again this year. luke buerkner, mat howard and especialy young gun mathew clarke from mulwala. hearn and haebich rnt leavin they have already resigned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back